Multiflow ATF Cooler

Kelpie

Hi all,

I'm looking at this plate and fin ATF cooler from Fluidyne.

Please see picture a thttp://www.355nation.net/forum/how-miscellaneous/9161-how-install-transmission-cooler-your-colorado-3-5-a.html .

I wonder how it functions without the tube for ATF to flow pass/thru. Unless, the ATF is passing thru the 9 thin "fins"?

What do you think?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Anyone here has experience installing an aftermarket automatic transmission fluid cooler?

Please share its pros and cons.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Looks very diy-able.

It's just removing the AT oil in/outlet to the independent cooler. It will flow thru the flat pipe 9, in at the top out at the bottom. Should be a better cooling option, and less burden to the radiator as well if it was with AT cooling built in.

Issue is, if placed in front of radiator it will restrict cooling air behind it.

Imho best put on the side if possible, with its own airflow.

Looks very diy-able.

It's just removing the AT oil in/outlet to the independent cooler. It will flow thru the flat pipe 9, in at the top out at the bottom. Should be a better cooling option, and less burden to the radiator as well if it was with AT cooling built in.

Issue is, if placed in front of radiator it will restrict cooling air behind it.

Imho best put on the side if possible, with its own airflow.

It is surely doable. I bought a smaller 6 multi-flow model. This model is meant for full-size car. The one in the picture is meant more for Truck and heavy vehicle.

I sorta skeptical in installing it as the flat pipe seems so slim and flat [laugh]. Very unlike those tube and fin type that I've used before.

Regards,

Flat pipe with fins will dissipate heat a lot quicker than tubular ones.

I suppose the design has calculated the total of flat pipes flow at least matching the inlet flow size.

Even the black matte surface helps in dissipating heat better than bare alloy or colored anodize.

Hope i can do this sometime when i got free time.

if its on c5, can check yours is the older/newer atf cooler design, can swap to the new one if yours is older type

You mean there is already a ATF cooler inside? How do I know if it is an old one or a new one?

Thanks.

Regards,