Opel Combo 1.3 opinion?

Aerosmith

i've been looking for auto vans and would like to find which one has the lowest running cost (depreciation + maintenance + fuel costs), it seems the combo 1.3 is that van.

anyone one has any opinion on another better van? is the combo 1.3 going to be a maintenance nightmare?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

It will be a nightmare if you get opel. Spare parts are expensive and maintenance cost will be high for euro vans. However, since you need am auto van then you do not have much options as most auto vans are manufactured by euro companies. The japanese auto vans that I can think of are suzuki every and daihatsu hijet, but both are petrol driven. You can also take a look at liteace van, but most of them would be COE vehicle and it would be difficult to find spare parts for the gearbox if anything happens to the gearbox. Other than that, liteace is a very durable and fuel saving van. If you want to get a newer auto van, get fiat fiorino, which was first introduced 4 years back. However, IMO, fiorino is underpowered. All in all, if you want to get a van with cheap spare parts and low running cost, I would advise you to look at japanese manual van.

Twincharged

i also realise the liteace got auto, is the FC and reliability good for liteace auto?

Toyota/Nissan is very reliable....go for it.!Opel.????You must be joking..damm lousy....problematic...

(edited)

i know toyota liteace manual quite reputable for reliabilty. But i want to know is it equally reliable for auto version (the 2200 cc model)? also, how is the FC compared to auto combo 1.3?

Edited by Aerosmith

It will be a nightmare if you get opel. Spare parts are expensive and maintenance cost will be high for euro vans. However, since you need am auto van then you do not have much options as most auto vans are manufactured by euro companies. The japanese auto vans that I can think of are suzuki every and daihatsu hijet, but both are petrol driven. You can also take a look at liteace van, but most of them would be COE vehicle and it would be difficult to find spare parts for the gearbox if anything happens to the gearbox. Other than that, liteace is a very durable and fuel saving van. If you want to get a newer auto van, get fiat fiorino, which was first introduced 4 years back. However, IMO, fiorino is underpowered. All in all, if you want to get a van with cheap spare parts and low running cost, I would advise you to look at japanese manual van.

You are right, my company has a Opel van (diesel), yes, it is powerful BUT better don't kenna problem coz the spare parts damn expensive hor! Recently company just spent 1k+ for repair, dunno replaced what part, somemore made to wait for a few weeks for the part, kns, it's just a van.

Ts better consider a Jap van.

Neutral Newbie

i've been looking for auto vans and would like to find which one has the lowest running cost (depreciation + maintenance + fuel costs), it seems the combo 1.3 is that van.

anyone one has any opinion on another better van? is the combo 1.3 going to be a maintenance nightmare?

When it come to repair cost for those wear and tear parts you will have heart attack... The parts are dame ex... turst me :)

No wonder so many used Combo's available in the used market now....

Maybe cos the Opel dealer don't keep spares for this van (also for their cars, they just changed ownership).

How about the Fiat Doblo Cargo? Am also considering cargo vans....

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

how is the FC for the toyota liteace 2.2l auto version? how is reliability for it?

Everything is reliable as everything is identical to the manual version. Just take note that it would be very difficult to find spare parts for the auto gearbox. If the gearbox kaput, good luck to you. FC wise, of course will be worse than manual version since it is auto and is only 4 speed.

Edited by Zenson_ong

Neutral Newbie

No wonder so many used Combo's available in the used market now....

Maybe cos the Opel dealer don't keep spares for this van (also for their cars, they just changed ownership).

How about the Fiat Doblo Cargo? Am also considering cargo vans....

Same as opel just that it may be easier to buy spare parts in the market. The agent of fiat has spare parts in singapore whereas the agent for opel doesn't keep much spare parts in singapore and only indent the parts when required. Therefore, opel vans tends to stay in workshop longer considered fiat vans. Personally, I consider fiat the best and reliable among all the euro vans. Renault and opel are nightmares.

Managed to read up on the European forum on Opel Combo. They say that it's best to steer clear of the Combo, and they recommend Fiat Doblo Cargo and Citroen Berlingo. Haha.

Major problems with the Combo arises after 70k km, which includes valves, throttle, ECU problems, and these are costly to replace - not worth the down time in the work shop as well.

Hmm.....

Aiyo!

Mati liao!

I only read this forum after I bought the 2006 1.3 Opel COMBO last week!

Help!

What should I do as preventive measure?

Immediate change of which parts would you guys recommend?

Help!

Neutral Newbie

Any problems so far from Combo so far? Was thinking of getting a eurovan as well. Read thru a number of forums, still cant decide.

Neutral Newbie

Been using the Opel 1.3 for about 4 months, no problems so far. It's 2nd hand so I believe any issues were inherited.

the manual 1.7 is a damn nice drive. But robotised manual (aka "auto")? Steer well clear from it.

I used to drive the 1.7 CDTI. really loved that ride. Only thing which gave way was a/c compressor, and radiator fan, which cost me $600 to fix. other than that, no complaints or issues.