Jump to content

HELP! Any one using pressure cooker?


Count-Bracula
 Share

Recommended Posts

Turbocharged

I'd suggest to check that the rubber seals are easily available and replaceable. It degrades over time and use; and definitely needs replacement every few years.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd suggest to check that the rubber seals are easily available and replaceable. It degrades over time and use; and definitely needs replacement every few years.

 

As I said above I'm using my mil 30 to 40 years old PC.

Seals never changed.  Still work fine.

Lucky that because I don't know where to buy new seals.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

As I said above I'm using my mil 30 to 40 years old PC.

Seals never changed.  Still work fine.

Lucky that because I don't know where to buy new seals.

your one diff lar, stoneage style use weights to hold it down.

Link to post
Share on other sites

your one diff lar, stoneage style use weights to hold it down.

 

I'm a dinosaur I know it. [laugh]

 

But still got rubber seals.

Edited by Neutrino
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Yes.

 

Look at Giant Tampines. Maybe sometimes they have sale.

 

Pressure cooker is great for cooking peanuts and any hard stuff that takes a long time to cook.

It is also a meat tenderizer. Tough meat will be softened.

 

However, do note that pressure cooker needs water to cook.

So it may not be feasible for oil cooking, although I haven't tried it, but there's a button for pot roast. [:p]

 

That Sona served me well thus far.

 

But for buying any p cooker, make sure the seal is silicone type, not the rubber one, which you'll need to replace, cost and hassle.

I'm a dinosaur I know it. [laugh]

 

But still got rubber seals.

 

If yours is rubber seal, watch out.

It shrink.

 

I had one that shrink just enough to lose the seal, only after 1 yr.

All the water disappeared, then the chicken was all chao tar, had to throw away. [laugh]

 

The original rubber seal cost me $15 shipped from Amazon.

But I seldom used that p cooker already.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm also looking for pressure cooker. This looks like a rice cooker though...

My current rice cooker can do various kinds of food such as claypot, soup, steam, etc.... Is that a pressure cooker in disguise?

 

Yeap, this pressure cooker can cook rice, soup,

 and steam - yes, just need to raise the food off the bottom, filled with water.

 

Pressure cooking is about using heat to build up pressure and cooked the food at the same time.

So the cooking time is reduced.

A regular pot or rice cooker does not have the pressure part.

So in fact, if you were to remove the seal which cause the pressure to build up, you get a regular rice cooker.

 

Or in other words, if you were to run a tape securely around a lid placed on a pot and cook, you get a pressure cooker.

Only thing is the pressure is not controlled and keeps building up until the whole thing explode due to overpressure. [laugh]

 

Pressure cooker has release valve and safety locks.

 

It seals the water almost completely in, so you have to use less water than with regular cooking.

 

And of cuz, you will need to wait to depressurize before you can open the lid after cooking.

If you can't wait that long, just put a cold damp cloth over the lid and it will quickly depressurized.

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm also looking for pressure cooker. This looks like a rice cooker though...

My current rice cooker can do various kinds of food such as claypot, soup, steam, etc.... Is that a pressure cooker in disguise?

 

a rice cooker can serve as a slow cooker. Though there's something not mentioned which is a proper slow cooker uses clay which results in more even heating. 

 

Not so significant in stews or what, but it matters for congee.

My cooking forum. Sona next time on discount I will hoot 1.

 

actually no need. Giant is 109.

It's 89 dollars on lazada.

Link to post
Share on other sites

a rice cooker can serve as a slow cooker. Though there's something not mentioned which is a proper slow cooker uses clay which results in more even heating.

 

Not so significant in stews or what, but it matters for congee.

 

 

actually no need. Giant is 109.

It's 89 dollars on lazada.

Thanks bro!

 

Can't praise you. Owtang first

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...