Jaguar XE

Damienic

Seems like smaller car segment is the way to go hor? Mercs launched two compact cars recently, the CLA and the GLA. Porsche did it with the Macan and Jaguar is doing it with the XE.

Hypersonic

The local AD had price the XF 2.2D for around $190k with current COE price.

How will they set the price for the XE.

• Praise 1

The local AD had price the XF 2.2D for around $190k with current COE price.

How will they set the price for the XE.

My gut feel is that the current XF will be phased out by the time XE arrives. It is quite an old model. XE not likely to be cheaper than 190k if COE stays at similar level I feel. Am feeling so as the base model is a 2L turbo which is at least a C200 or 320 equivalent and we all know for such cars, the OMV is likely to be at least 37-38k or so.

My gut feel is that the current XF will be phased out by the time XE arrives. It is quite an old model. XE not likely to be cheaper than 190k if COE stays at similar level I feel. Am feeling so as the base model is a 2L turbo which is at least a C200 or 320 equivalent and we all know for such cars, the OMV is likely to be at least 37-38k or so.

Next new model for xf is due in 2016. XE is not a replacement for XF.

It is design to target general market

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

XF = 5 series = E class

XE = 3 series = C class

• Praise 3

Only in 2016? That's quite long. This model was launched in 2008. Very long for a model to last for 8yrs.

If like that I suspect they will increase price for XF when the XE arrive. They can't be pricing XF at similar levels to XE. There has to be at least a 20k gap or so min.

Let's hope the XE will not be like the previous X type ... DOA.

XE and X-type are still sharing tech with Ford Mondeo, and possibly the S60.

Same as Audi, it reduces R&D and production cost, but it dilutes the brand.

Unlike Merc and Bimmer,.. you drive their cars knowing you wont get the same tech in another car (except for the lower A class / 1 series range which shares engine with Renault and Mini/Peugeot respectively)

Only in 2016? That's quite long. This model was launched in 2008. Very long for a model to last for 8yrs.

If like that I suspect they will increase price for XF when the XE arrive. They can't be pricing XF at similar levels to XE. There has to be at least a 20k gap or so min.

most of the jaguar model is about 8 year lifespan with facelift on the 4th year.

current XF is facelift on 2012 or 2013..

Tell this to Volvo...the current XC90 came out on 2002..still selling now...hahahaha [:)]

New model will only release the "face" next month..

See the new C class & compare with the older E class..pricing is so close...

Believe the same will happen to XE & XF...

• Praise 1

most of the jaguar model is about 8 year lifespan with facelift on the 4th year.

current XF is facelift on 2012 or 2013..

wah 8yrs is really unusual. most brands like Audi, BMW and Mercs rolls out new models after 6 years maximum.

wah 8yrs is really unusual. most brands like Audi, BMW and Mercs rolls out new models after 6 years maximum.

Unusual maybe but take a look at the XF again, it's still as modern as any other new releases from other brands.

XE available in 2015

• Praise 1

Tell this to Volvo...the current XC90 came out on 2002..still selling now...hahahaha [:)]

New model will only release the "face" next month..

See the new C class & compare with the older E class..pricing is so close...

Believe the same will happen to XE & XF...

No wonder I find the XC90 design looking somewhat dated when I visited the Wearnes showroom 2 days ago. Din know is been around for 12 yrs already. Goodness gracious

Unusual maybe but take a look at the XF again, it's still as modern as any other new releases from other brands.

XE available in 2015

Yes, that's true. The design is very sleek for a model that was launched 6 yrs ago. In fact some car releases of recent years also cannot match it.

XE availability in 2015 is in Europe or SG?

No wonder I find the XC90 design looking somewhat dated when I visited the Wearnes showroom 2 days ago. Din know is been around for 12 yrs already. Goodness gracious

Yes, that's true. The design is very sleek for a model that was launched 6 yrs ago. In fact some car releases of recent years also cannot match it.

XE availability in 2015 is in Europe or SG?

XE will be launch worldwide in 2015

XE is direct rival of BMW 3 series and Merc C-class