Unknown head unit ID and NaviQ help

Elsoncck

Hi,

Recently got a 2nd hand 2015 Mazda 3 HB Standard edition. It came with a touchscreen (definitely not android) system. For some reason I cant load the Navi software (always map loading error). It uses a sd card for gps and I checked, its NaviQ. I am unable to register or log on to NaviQ or Galactio as I do not have the device ID...dealer never give me and he also dont know. 

Also missing is the 4 digit pin for factory reset but i doubt it works to reset the Navi software. Any possibility to reset, flash firmware or to make the best use of this system?

Anyone can ID the display for me based on the picture?

Thank you.

20200109_175640.jpg

20200109_165659.jpg

20200109_165006.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
9 hours ago, Elsoncck said:

Hi,

Recently got a 2nd hand 2015 Mazda 3 HB Standard edition. It came with a touchscreen (definitely not android) system. For some reason I cant load the Navi software (always map loading error). It uses a sd card for gps and I checked, its NaviQ. I am unable to register or log on to NaviQ or Galactio as I do not have the device ID...dealer never give me and he also dont know. 

Also missing is the 4 digit pin for factory reset but i doubt it works to reset the Navi software. Any possibility to reset, flash firmware or to make the best use of this system?

Thank you.

20200109_175640.jpg

20200109_165659.jpg

20200109_165006.jpg

Does this come with a GPS receiver?

image.png.4360ebe7a8dcccd4d30a20cf2da604f8.png

It looks smth like the black box.

FOr the factory reset code, you can try contacting quantum inventions.

http://www.quantuminventions.com/contact-us/

I think they are the principal for naviQ.

A lot of the Chinese made HU are running on Android based OS.

If NaviQ ask you to pay for license fee and map update fee you might as well go install a brand new aftermarket unit that can run Android Auto/Apple Carplay. You dont have to worry about all those unnecessary fees and the maps are updated thru the app regularly. FYI when you use such dedicated GPS you pay for license fee to use the software and annual fee for the map update. Be mentally prepared for that. Dont throw up a fit and kick a big fuss when they tell you it's not free.

You can search sgcarmart for sellers/installers, contact any shop that is near you and inquire about the price and whether they can install a compatible HU to your car. I think it should be no problem, it's all about how much budget you can set aside.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/listing.php?CAT=2

No gps receiver.

I dont think this is even android. Yeah im looking to change to a full android entertainment system or android auto. Still deciding. 

On 1/9/2020 at 5:13 PM, Elsoncck said:

Hi,

Thank you.

20200109_175640.jpg

20200109_165659.jpg

20200109_165006.jpg

Any universal diagnostic tool can give you id and serial number your sound system. However your head ECU locked and you can use only OEM maps

Internal Moderator
7 hours ago, morriLinda1 said:

Any universal diagnostic tool can give you id and serial number your sound system. However your head ECU locked and you can use only OEM maps

I don't think our ECU and infotainment system is integrated to such extend. 

↡ Advertisement