Cheap and Good Eats

Mercs

14 hours ago, 13177 said:

Unbelievable siah, this stall everything at $2, even cheaper than Daiso le!? esp the items they sell quite filing de, like fish soup and porridge.

Indeed super VFM, even if sell $3 still cheap, for a mere 10 bucks can order 5 diff choices and have a feast, confirm eat till full eat till shiok :D

• Praise 6

https://eatbook.sg/frenzlink-cafeteria/

Frenzlink Cafeteria Review: $2.50 Wonton Mee, Mee Rubus And More In Clarke Quay

Google review by Chris H - this is really a hidden gem. $2 in 2019. now is June 2022 with all the inflation, cost pressures, covid n lower crowd. n its $2.50. n its not sub-standard food at all. uncle dishes out 7 types of traditional noodles each day e.g. lor mee, laksa, fishball, mee siam, mee rebus. he's been cooking this for 30+ years. Good nostalgic food. decent proportion. friendly uncle. a place that you would want to keep coming back. family feel. i'll be bringing my parents n in-laws here.

• Praise 6

On 8/16/2022 at 12:01 AM, Mercs said:

Haha, great to see these good hawkers around, flipside there's also some who use the opportunity to not just increase price but also shrink portion size, really due to higher cost of inflation or to max profits? You decide.

I always vote with my pocket, at most kanna once I avoid, understand costs are much higher now for hawkers, reasonable up price can accept, anyhow up is cannot! 

Or maybe should also incorporate some of these in this thread give a heads up to avoid? 😄

https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/some-netizens-cry-daylight-robbery-after-woman-complains-about-750-economic-noodles

Some netizens cry 'daylight robbery' after woman complains about $7.50 economic noodles at Kopitiam

• Praise 5

4 minutes ago, 13177 said:

$1.30 dim sum? Wonder ho jiak boh? 😅

The reviews say about average, for this price can't expect restaurant grade 🤣

• Praise 4

At Teck Whye Lane. The 2 stalls are side by side (but situated in different coffeeshop. Decent quality at decent price. 

GKG6XNc.jpg

YBhozwG.jpg 

• Praise 13

22 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

At Teck Whye Lane. The 2 stalls are side by side (but situated in different coffeeshop. Decent quality at decent price. 

GKG6XNc.jpg

YBhozwG.jpg 

Price Kaki app collab with Chang Cheng.

• Praise 7

image.png.463693e78a78254082a06b36cb5a4ba6.png

Google review (a week ago) - I have finally tasted Mee Rebus from Inspirasi as the queue was not too long today. The taste is good but perhaps it’s prices are even more attractive. At $2.50 per plate, this is good value for money. These hardworking people are providing tasty food at very reasonable prices and one cannot help but feel grateful to them for continuing this labor of love. Commendable

• Praise 10

https://www.8days.sg/eatanddrink/hawkerfood/bukit-batok-hawker-stall-draws-long-queues-250-menu-nasi-lemak-mee-rebus-548891

Bukit Batok Hawker Stall Draws Long Queues For $2.50 Menu With Nasi Lemak & Mee Rebus

(Nurul Delights has kept its prices and substantial portions constant for the past 10 years)

image.png.6b94338c5fa9503d22f101dda5238b74.png

Google review (3 weeks ago) -  Cheap nasi lemak, tasty too. The aunties were friendly to everyone in the queue when I was there. Note, there is no ikan bilis or groundnuts added to keep costs low I guess. Do not expect perfection from a plate of nasi lemak that costs $2.50 and you won't be disappointed. That being said, to the picky lot, make your own nasi lemak. 🤣

• Praise 7

2 minutes ago, Mercs said:

https://www.8days.sg/eatanddrink/hawkerfood/bukit-batok-hawker-stall-draws-long-queues-250-menu-nasi-lemak-mee-rebus-548891

Bukit Batok Hawker Stall Draws Long Queues For $2.50 Menu With Nasi Lemak & Mee Rebus

(Nurul Delights has kept its prices and substantial portions constant for the past 10 years)

image.png.6b94338c5fa9503d22f101dda5238b74.png

Google review (3 weeks ago) -  Cheap nasi lemak, tasty too. The aunties were friendly to everyone in the queue when I was there. Note, there is no ikan bilis or groundnuts added to keep costs low I guess. Do not expect perfection from a plate of nasi lemak that costs $2.50 and you won't be disappointed. That being said, to the picky lot, make your own nasi lemak. 🤣

occasionally tapao the mee soto from them, really friendly and they are nice, i'll add meat and other stuff like additional egg etc to support them also

• Praise 8

1 minute ago, SiLangKia said:

occasionally tapao the mee soto from them, really friendly and they are nice, i'll add meat and other stuff like additional egg etc to support them also

Good hawkers must support 👍🏻

• Praise 9