Wrxblue 1st Gear November 30, 2003 Share November 30, 2003 hhaaaa..urs is also semi-'manual' mah hahaaha anyway...i focused one for u...heheehe ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cool_jazz Neutral Newbie November 30, 2003 Author Share November 30, 2003 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mmythos Neutral Newbie November 30, 2003 Share November 30, 2003 think u should reply to slowpoke instead of to me Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mmythos Neutral Newbie November 30, 2003 Share November 30, 2003 Mine is also auto, can also do the 'toe and heel' but minus the clutch and gear shift, just concentrate on the brake and accelerator cos u need ur toes on ur brake and heel on ur accelerator at the same time, need some practicsing before getting used to it Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pauly75ts Neutral Newbie November 30, 2003 Share November 30, 2003 (edited) "I am curious about how its done in a manual car." Hi! there, Cool_Jazz, You've sat in my car, so many times, and you didn't notice that I double-declutch, and blip the throttle when I downshift?? Here's what I do to drop to a lower gear, e.g. 5th to 4th: [ol] [*]Step on the brake with the ball of the foot, near the toesies [*]Step on the clutch pedal [*]Drop gearstuck to neutral [*]With the side of the heel nudge the throttle pedal [*]move gearstuck to 4th [*]Release brake and nudge the throttle again [*]Release clutch pedal just before the apex of the corner [*]Pedal to the metal.[/ol]This happen in all of 1sec. I do it in all gear, down to 1st, all the time. Most of the time, braking is not used. Rgds Paul Yong Edited November 30, 2003 by Pauly75ts Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Assassin Clutched November 30, 2003 Share November 30, 2003 Have you actually tried this method yourself? I tried it once when I just started driving. If you hold on to the throttle even if it a little when you clutch-in, you'll be bouncing the needle off the rev-limiter and causing a BIG jerk when you declutch. Maybe my right foot too heavy on the accelerator..... If I'm not wrong its called "Power Shifting" if you do it right, as in you match the revs with the gear speed and road speed. An amateur like me will never get it right Yup..like I mentioned ealier in my post....I used to do it this way...on manual cars when I was overseas anyway... the last time I did this was together with VTim in his previous car about 1-2 months back. Yes, you should try not to step too much on the accelerator pedal else your rpm will be disco dancing around the dial ! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cool_jazz Neutral Newbie November 30, 2003 Author Share November 30, 2003 Hi Paul, you do it so darn fast and smooth that I did not even know that you had done the toe-heel thingy.. But from the steps listed... wah like very difficult to execute within a sec. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Slowpoke 3rd Gear November 30, 2003 Share November 30, 2003 That's close to what I do except step 4, I figure since the gearbox is equipped with synchros, so just let them do the job instead of matching the gear layshaft speed with the revs. So I only blip once just before declutching.... I know its hard on the synchros, but guess I'm just lazy Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pauly75ts Neutral Newbie November 30, 2003 Share November 30, 2003 "I did not even know that you had done" Hi! there, Cool_Jazz, That's what you'll get, and it's called practice. Rgds Paul Yong Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pauly75ts Neutral Newbie November 30, 2003 Share November 30, 2003 "except step 4" Hi! there, SlowPoke, On an Alfa Romeo, miss any 1 of the steps, it'd crunch the gears. That's because on my car, only the engine is in front. Rgds Paul Yong Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cool_jazz Neutral Newbie November 30, 2003 Author Share November 30, 2003 Now I will just leave it to the ecu to do that for me... maybe next car will be a manual. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pauly75ts Neutral Newbie November 30, 2003 Share November 30, 2003 "Now I will just leave it to the ecu" Hi! there, Cool_Jazz, I didn't like the way the Selespeed blips the throttle. Rgds Paul Yong Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
King 1st Gear November 30, 2003 Share November 30, 2003 pm u Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vtim 3rd Gear November 30, 2003 Share November 30, 2003 yes, yes, I'm still hoping to go for the next PG session Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Slowpoke 3rd Gear November 30, 2003 Share November 30, 2003 I think next time I'll have to get a real driver's car with none of the assisted brakes, ABS, EBD, stability control, traction control, yaw control and non synchro gearbox. With lots of practice, hopefully will make me a better driver anyone with a 2nd hand Caterham for sale? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pauly75ts Neutral Newbie November 30, 2003 Share November 30, 2003 "with none of the assisted brakes, ABS, EBD, stability control, traction control, yaw control and non synchro gearbox" Hi! there, SlowPoke, That's almost what I have, brakes are servo-assisted, traction by mechanical LSD. There're a few Super7s in SG, but I doubt any of the owners would sell. Who'd in their right mind sell you a car that has a great chance to end up under a lorry. Rgds Paul Yong Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Slowpoke 3rd Gear November 30, 2003 Share November 30, 2003 you mean there are road registered examples in SG? wow! The Elise or Exige used to be my dream car until I saw the price tag. Now the Seven is the new dream car...I know I'm weird for choosing such a car when my peers are dreaming of Ferraris and Porsches. Any idea how much does one cost in SG? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cool_jazz Neutral Newbie November 30, 2003 Author Share November 30, 2003 selespeed is after all a computer/machine and not human, driving a pure manual car gives the driver more involvement and feel. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
DIY cleaning throttle body
DIY cleaning throttle body
Throttle body cleaning
Throttle body cleaning
DIY: Porting & Polishing a Throttle Body (Video Tutorial)
DIY: Porting & Polishing a Throttle Body (Video Tutorial)
Throttle Body
Throttle Body
DTE pedalbox throttle controller
DTE pedalbox throttle controller
Throttle Controller
Throttle Controller
Any shops to buy throttle body cleaner?
Any shops to buy throttle body cleaner?
Throttle position sensor for honda civic d15z7
Throttle position sensor for honda civic d15z7