Milgram Neutral Newbie January 1, 2004 Share January 1, 2004 I have seen quite a number of GETZ with bodykit on the roads liao. There's one by Astrel I think...not too shabby. I have found a few GETZ with bodykit on the Net leh...try looking for it...i'll see if i can get the URLs for you. In the mean time, take a look at what one Getclub member's mod GETZ look like... I dun think it's the installation of the speakers per se but rather the workmanship...the water leak is probably caused by improper installation. So be careful to go to one reputable fella... ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Junjie 1st Gear January 3, 2004 Author Share January 3, 2004 Hi Bro, When I was at Komoco, saw that there was a piece of insulation pad underneath the Getz bonnet, but not at the dealer showrm, is that piece of insulation pad a standard for getz or we have to buy it? If yes, where can I get it? Do u have one underneath your bonnet? Is it neccessary for getz as the engine mainfold look pretty tight to me. Another question, u did grounding to yr ride, heard lots of positive comments after doing grounding... If you have any contacts for the above mentioned, pls let me know... Cheers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Paladin Neutral Newbie January 4, 2004 Share January 4, 2004 I get between 10-11km/litre on my GETZ. From Getzclub.com, it appears that some fortunate Getz owner can get up to 12-13km/litre. I am thinking of getting grounding done for my car - this ought to improve the fuel consumption. Seems a bit on the high side.. How did u work out ur FC? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Milgram Neutral Newbie January 5, 2004 Share January 5, 2004 The insulation doesn't come with the car - you'd have to D-I-Y. Materials could be bought from car accessories shop. Check with Gadgeter...he has D-I-Y for his ride I haven't done grounding yet...waiting for the person to PM me back leh... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Milgram Neutral Newbie January 5, 2004 Share January 5, 2004 Took note of where my fuel gauge needle was when I refueled. Then took note of litres pumped and km clocked. The next time I refuel is when needle reaches the previous point, calculate the km clocked and divided by the litres pumped previously and viola, the FC for my ride Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Paladin Neutral Newbie January 6, 2004 Share January 6, 2004 (edited) Quite similiar to my method.. Think FC is high considering that its a 1.3l car. My 96' 1.6l auto lancer can even get better milage than that.. Nowaday travelling 90% on ECP to AYE FC is between 11km to 13km/litre.. Planning to scrap my lancer sometime early this year... intend to downgrade to a lower cc car.. am considering Getz as it is cheaper as compare to Jazz and Vios.. Bro u any regrets getting a Getz? If can chose again and got extra cash would u pick Getz again? What car were u driving before? Edited January 6, 2004 by Paladin Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Paladin Neutral Newbie January 6, 2004 Share January 6, 2004 I have seen quite a number of GETZ with bodykit on the roads liao. There's one by Astrel I think...not too shabby. I have found a few GETZ with bodykit on the Net leh...try looking for it...i'll see if i can get the URLs for you. In the mean time, take a look at what one Getclub member's mod GETZ look like... I dun think it's the installation of the speakers per se but rather the workmanship...the water leak is probably caused by improper installation. So be careful to go to one reputable fella... That's a very nice Getz in the picture. TOday I just saw one black Getz at Dove road. Body kits, twin exhaust pipes, 16" momo rims and steering wheel. Any chance that the owner might be from the Getz club as well? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Milgram Neutral Newbie January 7, 2004 Share January 7, 2004 The FC of a GETZ is typically about 10-11km/l. Some lucky GETZ owners draw about 12-13km/l, bearing in mind that differences in FC may be due to different driving styles, type of rims, car load, etc. GETZ is my first car and I have no regrets getting it because I LOVE the way it looks! Also, my budget was for a car that costs about 60K...and the GETZ is the best, IMHO, car for that kind of a budget. If I have cash to spare, I would go for the AR 147 . The new Opel Mervina looks good too! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Milgram Neutral Newbie January 7, 2004 Share January 7, 2004 The one thing I like about the GETZ is that you can mod it until it really looks damn fierce. I'm not sure, but the car you saw might be a member of GETZClub. If you have the registration plate, you can go check at Getzclub.com Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mavvy Clutched January 7, 2004 Share January 7, 2004 15k difference to my car.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Junjie 1st Gear January 7, 2004 Author Share January 7, 2004 Yahoo, just got call from my SE from RTMT, she had secured my COE for my Getz, will be getting my ride soon... Cheers Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luke721 Neutral Newbie January 10, 2004 Share January 10, 2004 It sounds like "tick tick tick" when you brake...like something knocking on the brake drum. But I got that fixed Hey Bro, The 'tick tick' or 'tud tud' sound you hear can be corrected once the wheels are rotated - no more 'tick tud' Stay in touch yeh? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
S2P2 Neutral Newbie January 11, 2004 Share January 11, 2004 hey bro, how's life? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Paladin Neutral Newbie January 11, 2004 Share January 11, 2004 I think this is the Momo Rims I saw with the Getz in Dover Road.. I may have make a mistake on the gear knob... Momo don't seems to have any replacement for a auto gear stick right? No I don't have the no. plate.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Saaber Neutral Newbie January 11, 2004 Share January 11, 2004 There is a couple of folks here that owns a Getz, but I do realised that they hardly post recently.. But patience, they should be replying to you soon. yalor, recently most getz owners go MIA leh.... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vtim 3rd Gear January 11, 2004 Share January 11, 2004 hey Luke, long time never see you liao, how's life man, hope to see you in the next meetup Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gadgeter 2nd Gear January 12, 2004 Share January 12, 2004 not sure they busy with what? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Saaber Neutral Newbie January 12, 2004 Share January 12, 2004 yalor.. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Getz 1.1 Where to buy Power Window Switch?
Getz 1.1 Where to buy Power Window Switch?
Picanto or Getz.... Advise please...
Picanto or Getz.... Advise please...
Hyundai getz - water leakage in passenger footwell
Hyundai getz - water leakage in passenger footwell
Getting a Used Getz
Getting a Used Getz
Hyundai getz steering issue
Hyundai getz steering issue
I need help with a Hyundai Getz Vibration
I need help with a Hyundai Getz Vibration
Strange Sounds from 8yr/100k mileage Getz 1.4A
Strange Sounds from 8yr/100k mileage Getz 1.4A
Getz manuals
Getz manuals