Jump to content

Proton Question


Vit4wd
 Share

Recommended Posts

Neutral Newbie

Hi all frenz out there....personally think that there's no point arguing which car is more worth buying....every car will have their pros and cons...come to think of it you won't get to have the best of both nice & powerful car but also want fuel economy & spacious....cars like the vios and altis were made from thai although QC said to be the same as japan and saw in the recent papers that they would be recall for some fault.....whereas proton cars, as far as i know, there's no such incident yet (pardon my ignorance if i'm wrong).... as for continental car they are either very expensive type or their history in Asia countries were very short for those cheaper and affordable type..

 

ultimately, as long as you are proud of your car then why bother what other people feel... i myself is a proton owner...when i first get my car which is a waja, i'm kind of disappointed with the workmanship....but after some comparing, i felt that of all the 1.6L car, waja stands out in terms of spacious and fuel economy...recently i drove to malaysia and i manage to reach Tapah (523KM) from singapore with half tank left in my fuel tank. and i'm travelling inbetween 120km/h to 130km/h...

 

last but not least...i must agree that japanese car has a longer history and it consist of a majority of owner in singapore but proton has improve tremendously over the past 5 years....heard they are coming out with a MPV, a 2.0L waja and a roadster soon...

 

p.s i am not working for proton just to voice out my views...no offence

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

I agree that brand does affect people's choice when they buy something. As for me, I do bare in mind opinions and perceptions of people but that does not affect my purchasing decision. As far as I'm concerned (about cars), let the pocket do the talking. No point buying a branded car that makes you feel pround or gets praises from people and sweat over its monthly installment and maintainance. In Singapore, the price of cars are exceptionally high. Let the pocket do the talking...Know what you want to buy and be happy with.

 

Life goes on, with or without opinions of people.

 

No offence meant...

Link to post
Share on other sites

just asked my fren to get one wira but he refused to do so coz he's a malaysian [laugh]

he told why should he spend SGD$50k on a car that he can get in less than RM$40k in MY [sweatdrop]

is like reverse,ask him to take malayisa paid and come singapore and spend [lipsrsealed]

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am puzzled by why so many people have a very negative perception of Proton cars in general.

 

Whenever my friends are looking for a car, at less than S$5K dep a year, I recommend the Wira (brand new).

 

But they frown at me and say its not reliable, its made in malaysia, its expensive to maintain, it has image problem. WHY WHY WHY? They'd rather invest in a 5 year old Jap car.

 

Honestly, the Proton , or Wira in this case, is one of, if not the best value brand new car in the market, and it uses a tested and proven Mitsubishi engine... even if its old technology.

 

I think its a matter of brand perception. Why do people pay above S$100K for a Mini or Beetle, which uses old technology? And talk about reliability, honestly, even the Japanese made Corolla has its own problems, like power window failing within 2 years, warped rubber seals etc.

 

Your comments and views please.

 

 

PS: I don't own a Proton. Neither do I have a stack in it.

 

I admit...

I used to have such an impression of Proton cars too..

Untill I drove one...

 

I drove it for only 6months, but it was the best 6months.

Low maintenance, quick acceleration.. cheap to mod..

what else can we ask for??

 

Sigh.. I miss my Wira... 'The Maverick'

Link to post
Share on other sites

what has his comments got to do with race?

 

 

Image problem indeed ... I am just so allergic to the word "Proton" ... even though I know it has a Mit engine ... any upbeat Proton can be a racer on the road anytime. It is like a MY version of Honda Civic ... loads and loads and tonnes of possible mods you could do to the engine.

 

Imagine me owning a Proton ... laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif ... I try to imagine again ... possible but very very slim.

 

Some people is allergic to Korean car, heck, even euro car enthusiats spits on japanese made...

What has it go to do with race?

Link to post
Share on other sites

just asked my fren to get one wira but he refused to do so coz he's a malaysian [laugh]

he told why should he spend SGD$50k on a car that he can get in less than RM$40k in MY [sweatdrop]

 

Thta is common...many Malaysian think this way... they rather buy a Kia Picanto than a Wira.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I modified everything on the car.

So when I got pulled over by Tp/ROV..

I was given a chance..

Sell the car within 1month.. or risk.. entire SGP ROV/LTA looking out for my car

 

Till now.. I should have taken the risk.. instead of changing to a stupid Honda Fit

 

And.. please dont be an ass.. and start pulling 'race' issues into a car discussion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

many Malaysian think this way... they rather buy a Kia Picanto than a Wira.

 

yalor, even myself got such mentality sometimes, coz proton is really too cheap in MY compared to sg one, very hard to accept [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, most importantly will be how you maintain the car, such as basic servicing, etc etc. If you maintain it well, it will serve you well irregardless of brands, except those lemon units which all manufacturers will definitely have. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...