New Proton Perdona.

ER-3682

Supercharged

share parts only?

you mean they actually bothered to invest to build own model instead of just a simple rebadge of other brands' models?

Looking at the raving reviews of the Proton X70 and X50 from respected Malaysia reviewers, I really think Proton has turned a corner in their fortunes.

If they are priced like the Koreans here, I think they stand a fighting chance.

15 minutes ago, Rickster said:

Looking at the raving reviews of the Proton X70 and X50 from respected Malaysia reviewers, I really think Proton has turned a corner in their fortunes.

If they are priced like the Koreans here, I think they stand a fighting chance.

Only because Geely bought over,if still Malaysia owned..i don't think they can change much(Corruption)..anyway,Singapore won't bring in..with current COE & CEV,Most likely exceed $160,000.

• Praise 2

proton-perdana-concept7dce745d-2241-4c5d

Published on September 17th, 2018 | by Daniel Sherman Fernandez

This Is NOT The Next Proton Perdana

proton-perdana-concept5ec7aa5f-a1e6-4573

Circulating this week on mobile messaging and the internet is this series of pictures of the claimed next generation Proton Perdana from Geely. Well, this is NOT the next generation Perdana and looks like we have very creative online designers taking the trouble to put together this quite sexy looking sedan.

image.png.2ac3a0152acc691015b1c34bc9a145f1.png

image.png.becb816ce3cd490442dbea4f0c4aedc4.png

Which is which?

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 2

23 minutes ago, ER-3682 said:

Only because Geely bought over,if still Malaysia owned..i don't think they can change much(Corruption)..anyway,Singapore won't bring in..with current COE & CEV,Most likely exceed $160,000.

Yes, Geely did a really good job in making proton cars desirable once again.  If X70 and X50 were to be any indication, the equipment level, looks, performance are really looking good for the price in Malaysia at least.

It's just the brand that Singaporeans will need to get over with. 

I think give them another 10 years, they'd be a real serious contender with the Koreans.

proton can just rebadge the  latest honda accord 1.5 turbo and tweak here and there a little bit then viola, perdana model is here.

Thats what they did for the last perdana aka accordana😁,pay proton price get honda car not bad deal😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

MY's technology  has gone far beyond car, they are talking about flying car, road car is no longer their focus. 

• Haha! 3

Twincharged
7 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

MY's technology  has gone far beyond car, they are talking about flying car, road car is no longer their focus. 

The best technology that MY has is changing pen strokes! 🤣

• Haha! 1

The Geely based Protons are well equipped and value for money. Perhaps the lower end models like Saga still suffer from minor but irritating build quality issues like rattling doors. 

Read in the Malaysia forums that many Proton owners are complaining about the lack of spare parts. 

Saga MY car made with MY parts made in MY factories and still run out of Spare parts.

That's a special kind of stupid.

:D

• Haha! 1

Don't tell me they don't have enough chickens also.

Well they are a small island with no land to put chicken farms right?

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1