Redz Clutched April 21, 2004 Share April 21, 2004 Any feedback on the new Honda Stream. And how is Stream compared to other compact MPVs? ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Buzz Neutral Newbie April 21, 2004 Share April 21, 2004 Dunno how is the stream but test drove the Wish before, like it alot. I would suspect the stream to be comparable if not better just because of the Vtec engine Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redz Clutched April 21, 2004 Author Share April 21, 2004 main q... is stream a good buy? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zakuii 1st Gear April 22, 2004 Share April 22, 2004 i've booked a 2l stream in march, delivery in june. suggest that you go test drive it. for cheap thrill, go to www.honda.co.jp/STREAM and view the movies there. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Thunder Neutral Newbie April 22, 2004 Share April 22, 2004 It is a good buy. I am just waiting for the right time. When the price and market is right, that is. I test drove the Stream some time back. In the car was 3 adults and 2 children. When I stepped on the accelerator hard, the car picked up relatively quickly and held on until about 5000rpm before switching gear. Quite impressed. It is a good buy if you don't ferry seven often (most of time driving alone). Even if you ferry seven, in Singapore context, the last row passenger should be ok unless they are like 6 feet tall! I have a few questions though. Hope those Stream owner can help me out here. The new stream has a flat floor on the second row. Is it the same for the pre-facelifted model as well? Is the stream using Electric Power Steering or Hydraulic? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Thunder Neutral Newbie April 22, 2004 Share April 22, 2004 By the way, I tested a 1.7l. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Windcruiser Neutral Newbie April 26, 2004 Share April 26, 2004 I've been driving a 1.7 Stream since Mar this year and is very satisfied with my choice. As my previous two cars were 1.3 manual Corollas, I could only take reference with my own experience. Of the things I like about it: 1. Smoothness in gear shift 2. Space 3. Reasonably good sound proofing & stereo (HU only - excluding the speakers) 4. Good craftsmanship 5. Young & sporty styling - for both exterior & interior Of what I don't: 1. No central lock button, got to use the driver's door lock instead 2. Third row seat is in one piece, you lost two seats when it is folded 3. No drink holder at the front passenger side 4. Relatively big turning radius 5. No drawers at the driver side for coins & cashcard cheers! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Windcruiser Neutral Newbie April 26, 2004 Share April 26, 2004 (edited) Hi Thunder, How are you? Do let me know if you drop by my work place again. We can do coffee or lunch together. BTW, what is the significant of "Electric Power or Hydraulic Steering? " cheers! Edited April 26, 2004 by Windcruiser Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Thunder Neutral Newbie April 26, 2004 Share April 26, 2004 Hi, nice to hear from you again. As you can see I am still holding on quite well. You can be sure I will give you a call if I were to go to your workplace again. How are you getting on? Glad to know that you are still enjoying your ride. Hydraulic power steering gives better feedback whereas electric PS is more artificial. For electric PS, the steering wheel is connected to a "sensor". This in turn sends the signal to drive a motor to give you the steering. My civic is on EPS. There is no power steering fluid in the engine compartment. I think Stream is on Hydraulic PS. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Syshi Neutral Newbie April 26, 2004 Share April 26, 2004 Hi, nice to hear from you again. As you can see I am still holding on quite well. You can be sure I will give you a call if I were to go to your workplace again. How are you getting on? Glad to know that you are still enjoying your ride. Hydraulic power steering gives better feedback whereas electric PS is more artificial. For electric PS, the steering wheel is connected to a "sensor". This in turn sends the signal to drive a motor to give you the steering. My civic is on EPS. There is no power steering fluid in the engine compartment. I think Stream is on Hydraulic PS. Understand that currently they have so called "new version of Stream" Anybody try this before ? What about FC ? Better than the old Stream ? Thanks, Hendy Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zakuii 1st Gear April 27, 2004 Share April 27, 2004 It is a good buy. I am just waiting for the right time. When the price and market is right, that is. I test drove the Stream some time back. In the car was 3 adults and 2 children. When I stepped on the accelerator hard, the car picked up relatively quickly and held on until about 5000rpm before switching gear. Quite impressed. It is a good buy if you don't ferry seven often (most of time driving alone). Even if you ferry seven, in Singapore context, the last row passenger should be ok unless they are like 6 feet tall! I have a few questions though. Hope those Stream owner can help me out here. The new stream has a flat floor on the second row. Is it the same for the pre-facelifted model as well? Is the stream using Electric Power Steering or Hydraulic? Yup, it is flat floor for both 1.7l and 2.0l. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zakuii 1st Gear April 27, 2004 Share April 27, 2004 Hi, nice to hear from you again. As you can see I am still holding on quite well. You can be sure I will give you a call if I were to go to your workplace again. How are you getting on? Glad to know that you are still enjoying your ride. Hydraulic power steering gives better feedback whereas electric PS is more artificial. For electric PS, the steering wheel is connected to a "sensor". This in turn sends the signal to drive a motor to give you the steering. My civic is on EPS. There is no power steering fluid in the engine compartment. I think Stream is on Hydraulic PS. Understand that currently they have so called "new version of Stream" Anybody try this before ? What about FC ? Better than the old Stream ? Thanks, Hendy You are referring to the face-lifted stream. The front and back looks different. The 1st batch of 2.0l f/l stream is on the road now. the 1.7l f/l stream is already on the road for months. FC seems to be the same as the pre-f/l stream. the engine is still the same. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Buzz Neutral Newbie April 27, 2004 Share April 27, 2004 main q... is stream a good buy? Personally i find that the Stream is more driver orientated while the Wish is more family friendly Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vtim 3rd Gear April 27, 2004 Share April 27, 2004 it handles more like a car instead of a VAN ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
2014 Honda Jazz / Fit (GK Series)
2014 Honda Jazz / Fit (GK Series)
New Honda robot ASIMO is so human like
New Honda robot ASIMO is so human like
2020 5th Generation Honda City
2020 5th Generation Honda City
Any recommended tyre shop
Any recommended tyre shop
[Official] 2021 11th Generation Honda Civic
[Official] 2021 11th Generation Honda Civic
Discussion for Honda N-Van (JJ2)
Discussion for Honda N-Van (JJ2)
Honda City 4th Gen
Honda City 4th Gen
Respray or new bumper/bodykit?
Respray or new bumper/bodykit?