Waxing new car?

Reun

Neutral Newbie

Collecting new car soon?

Will it be a good idea to immediately give it a wax..

so can protect the paint work?

Any reccomendation of which wax to use?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i suggest put some sealant on it immediately, this will protect the original clear coat on the paintwork.

then wax to get the shine you want. different products give different shine and richness of colour.

to me, every wax seems the same... it's more of how much time you wanna spend waxing! ha! tongue.gif expensive wax, easier to apply = less time. cheaper wax, harder to apply = more time

No no no.

Must allow some time for the new paint to gel in properly with the car's body. So shouldn't do any waxing or sealing YET. Just wash with water enough. Don't use car shampoo also. Starts to apply sealant or wax after 1 month.

Neutral Newbie

HELLO!

YOU SEEM LIKE A VERY HELPFUL CHAP!

SO, CAN U PLS HELP ME OUT WITH A LITTLE PROBLEM?

I'M GETTING PETROL STAINS ON MY NEW CAR, WHITE, MERELY A WEEK OLD.

SO, WAT CAN I DO TO GET RID OF THEM?

I'VE TRIED SHAMPOOING, BUT TO NO AVAIL... SIGH...

WILL POLISHING HELP?

AND, HOW CAN I REMOVE WATER SPOTS?

THANK U!!

Neutral Newbie

Just try some simple polish (non to abrasive should do).

I would use Autoglym Super Resin Polish and wipe off immdiately can already.

Neutral Newbie

i'm sorry guys n gals..

didn't know abt the rules to capz in the forum as i'm new to it.

so sorry...

i should've read the "intro to joining the forum" b4 sending anything.

btw, thanx to all the kind souls out there who replied to this!

will try using the method proposed..

Thank you!!

No harm done, Dude! Always a first time for everything [sunny] . In any case, welcome to this great & friendly forum [thumbsup] . Here's hoping you will enjoy your stay and do try to join us for our weekly meetups and makan sessions. If washing & waxing is your cup of tea, then keep a lookout for the W&W sessions on the MEETUP folder. CHEERS!...susa.

ps:For tougher stains, I sometimes have to resort to Autoglym's Intensive Tar Remover.

Hi Reun,

yes, it is advisable to apply some sealant on your car to protect the paintwork. Any paint applied to your car would have cured by the time you collected your car. tongue.gif

You can check out the INTRO TO DETAILING PRODUCTS thread in the RESOURCES folder for what products to use. nod.gif

Some products [eg. sealants] which our members are using are Klasse, Zaino, Mothers Sealer & Glaze, and Hi-Glaze88 etc.

Cheers tongue.gif

Neutral Newbie

just apply a bit of polish or 3M swirl mark remover and then apply back ur wax (yes you can shampoo in between too).

Water marks/spots - they are quite vicious as they can go right into the painrwork. Commercial polishers can help to take them out (slow process). Prevention is better. Washing car regularly and using detailers will help a great deal.

↡ Advertisement