ATF Oil Cooler

Saaber

Neutral Newbie

There are two places (I know you can do it):

1) AutoDynamacs (at Ubi Rd)

- They installed one nameless aftermarket brand on my B14;

2) CS Racing

- They have the more branded Perma-Cool ATF cooler;

Mine was installed at the bumper area, just before/slightly below the radiator - so even at standstill, there is some air (though not fantastically alot) being pulled through by the fans.

I would dare say that my ATF cooler works pretty well. Even after driving a short while, and when you touch the fins on the cooler, you'll notice that they are actually relatively hot (and dissipating heat)!! [thumbsup]

Can't imagine what it would have been like without one!!

Neutral Newbie

Hi Wymun,

Could you enlighten me on the advantages in installing the cooler besides prolonging the life of the atf oil. Any performance gain?

Neutral Newbie

Mine is the brandless one.

For Perma-Cool, I think CS Racing was selling it at $98 (without installation). With installation, it may be the same or slightly cheaper. Personally, I think Perma-Cool's design looks slightly more refined, but in terms of performance, I think either will do....

Neutral Newbie

Did mine at AutoDynamacs. It's about a 1-hr job...

Yes, it includes both parts & labour

Edited by Wymun

Neutral Newbie

I don't think there is any performance gain. Just peace of mind.

Do note that it doesn't just prolong the life of your oil, but keeps the tranny running cooler itself - so less wear on tranny in the long-run supposedly...

But really, unless you're a high "revver" (i.e. change gear typically >4-5k rpm), then it may not be that critical to install...

I did mine simply because I had a friend who busted 2 of his previous B14 trannies before...Yup, whole thing gave way twice, and he had to do major overhaul...So I alluded that the B14 tranny isn't too durable and thought of just having some peace of mind...

Neutral Newbie

Note that the S$150 is for the unbranded version. Look for Raymond at AutoDynamac...I can vouch for their workmanship (especially heat-shields - having witnessed all the Hondas they do up)... [thumbsup]

I'm not sure about the Perma-Cool (check with CS Racing).

But really, S$1K!!?? That's a rip-off...

Neutral Newbie

Give a call to Autofix-Chris.

U Saaby may need to take alook the space, since Jap cars are easier than conti cars. [sweatdrop]

After installed, it's better renew & flush the ATF, can consider the ATF of AMSoil.

Edited by Mondeo
↡ Advertisement