Jump to content

Guranteed Vs Non-guranteed COE?


Holz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Neutral Newbie

actually wats the diff? me quite confused abt it...I heard lots of ppl getting the non-guranteed one but jus dun understand...any bro care to enlighten?

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Usually guaranteed COEs are open cats, ie, Cat E. They can be used on any cars so the car dealers will buy them and keep for anyone who wants to buy a car and don't want to wait for the bidding process.

 

Non-guaranteed COEs are Cat A or B depending on the engine capacity. The dealer will go for n times (usually 3) bidding and try to get the COE. If successful, then ok. If not, then sometimes they refund (for the other times, you have to read the fine print laugh.gif)

 

Problem with Cat E is that it will take the lower of the 2 COE when you de-register the car. Let's say you drive a Mercs and you got a guaranteed COE Cat E at 10,000 bucks. If suay, the Cat B during that month of registration is 1 buck, your COE is worth 1 buck (otherwise known as the QP) no matter what.

 

I hope I explained it correctly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

guaranteed COE = the dealer will hv to secure the COE no matter what's the COE results.

non-guaranteed COE = if next few COE cheong UP, the dealer may call off the deal OR persuade u to top up some $$$ to secure higher COEs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

hmm...how abt this example:

 

For Car A: Guranteed COE Price is $63000 (say COE is $18000)

 

so how much will be Non-Guranteed COE price for the car? ($60000 possible?)

 

let say I wan to buy at $60000 then how much do I need to pay for the booking fee? Do we need to pay any sum before they can bid for us?

 

After bid, say 3 months, and it turn up be higher then can I call off the deal and get back my booking fee?

 

If after 3 months the COE is much lower, then wat will happen?

Link to post
Share on other sites

never fall the guaranteed COE or top-up $ line. do yr own sums and as long as u find the dealer's markups are still in the black, u WILL get the car. maybe not on the 1st bid but subsequent ones. the agent's profits and factory quotas/rebates are at stake and simply collecting a miserly booking fee from us without final delivery is not how they will stay afloat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

i think diff agent hv diff house rules.

ok, this is what i actually did from a not so popular car company( [:p][laugh] )

 

selling px say $63k wif guaranteed coe.

i told him i oni willing to pay $61k & i specifically oni wan 2 bids.

COE went up abt 500 from the time i book, but i got my COE at my asking price.

 

***i think such case oni applicable to not so popular car brands. [:p]

if u wana try at BM, gd luck. [:)]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

PQR is only applicable if you renew COE. If scrapped, then it's based on the lower-of -two rule.

 

Best is go for non-guaranteed bidding. The guaranteed COE is a tool to extract extra payments for those with immediate needs for new car. If no hurry, why not wait?

Link to post
Share on other sites

yah lah.... the time when my dad bid for his Optra, i know he sure get for first bid, he sign for 4 bid gurantee... usually cars not so popular they want to boost up their mthly sales mah... sure get... then i think Daihatsu i can press more......

Link to post
Share on other sites

agreed...i got my previous skoda fabia 2 weeks after i booked. the price didn't have such thing as guaranteed nor non-guaranteed. however, currently with KM, i wasn't successful in the most recent bid, short of 300+++, got to wait for 3 more bids.

Link to post
Share on other sites

not onli for less popular cars. i tink toyota will 99.9% get COE coz i heard they hv an internal policy never to refund any deposit. how else to be no.1 or make any profit for that matter if the agent dun get their cars on the road?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

I don't believe in going for guranteed COE if I have a choice. I also don't believe in topping up. I geninuely believe that if they want the deal, they have to secure it for me. If they are not keen, neither am I.

 

It's a perfect competitive mkt out there, brand A - Y can't be bothered, I am sure brand Z will..... otherwise, I still have comfort, SMRT, SBS Transit, SBS to rely on.... thumbsup.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Can I ask sumting about guaranteed COE?

Lets say, I booked a car fm PI,guaranteed COE, (no coe rebate)

that means sure get COE next round.

coe results, open cat at 13,301

Can a motor trader can give u a COE at 9,000 to register car

Do I have to accept or I can reject?

If reject, will the deposit be forfeited?

What recourse do I have?

Can somebody help?

 

This really happened.

Edited by Adawang
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

True bro Zombie.

 

Yesterday was my 3rd unsuccessful bid for my LNA. MI called me to top-up everytime, but I bo hiu. [laugh] I play the waiting game with them. If they not interested, there are always other cars around.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...