Holz Neutral Newbie January 24, 2005 Share January 24, 2005 actually wats the diff? me quite confused abt it...I heard lots of ppl getting the non-guranteed one but jus dun understand...any bro care to enlighten? ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aspri Clutched January 24, 2005 Share January 24, 2005 Usually guaranteed COEs are open cats, ie, Cat E. They can be used on any cars so the car dealers will buy them and keep for anyone who wants to buy a car and don't want to wait for the bidding process. Non-guaranteed COEs are Cat A or B depending on the engine capacity. The dealer will go for n times (usually 3) bidding and try to get the COE. If successful, then ok. If not, then sometimes they refund (for the other times, you have to read the fine print ) Problem with Cat E is that it will take the lower of the 2 COE when you de-register the car. Let's say you drive a Mercs and you got a guaranteed COE Cat E at 10,000 bucks. If suay, the Cat B during that month of registration is 1 buck, your COE is worth 1 buck (otherwise known as the QP) no matter what. I hope I explained it correctly. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ah_veo Neutral Newbie January 24, 2005 Share January 24, 2005 guaranteed COE = the dealer will hv to secure the COE no matter what's the COE results. non-guaranteed COE = if next few COE cheong UP, the dealer may call off the deal OR persuade u to top up some $$$ to secure higher COEs. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Holz Neutral Newbie January 24, 2005 Author Share January 24, 2005 hmm...how abt this example: For Car A: Guranteed COE Price is $63000 (say COE is $18000) so how much will be Non-Guranteed COE price for the car? ($60000 possible?) let say I wan to buy at $60000 then how much do I need to pay for the booking fee? Do we need to pay any sum before they can bid for us? After bid, say 3 months, and it turn up be higher then can I call off the deal and get back my booking fee? If after 3 months the COE is much lower, then wat will happen? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Soya Supersonic January 24, 2005 Share January 24, 2005 never fall the guaranteed COE or top-up $ line. do yr own sums and as long as u find the dealer's markups are still in the black, u WILL get the car. maybe not on the 1st bid but subsequent ones. the agent's profits and factory quotas/rebates are at stake and simply collecting a miserly booking fee from us without final delivery is not how they will stay afloat. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ah_veo Neutral Newbie January 24, 2005 Share January 24, 2005 i think diff agent hv diff house rules. ok, this is what i actually did from a not so popular car company( ) selling px say $63k wif guaranteed coe. i told him i oni willing to pay $61k & i specifically oni wan 2 bids. COE went up abt 500 from the time i book, but i got my COE at my asking price. ***i think such case oni applicable to not so popular car brands. if u wana try at BM, gd luck. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luckcent 4th Gear January 24, 2005 Share January 24, 2005 I thought QP is the average of the last 3 months of COE....hmmmm. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hansia Neutral Newbie January 26, 2005 Share January 26, 2005 PQR is only applicable if you renew COE. If scrapped, then it's based on the lower-of -two rule. Best is go for non-guaranteed bidding. The guaranteed COE is a tool to extract extra payments for those with immediate needs for new car. If no hurry, why not wait? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Julian Clutched January 26, 2005 Share January 26, 2005 yah lah.... the time when my dad bid for his Optra, i know he sure get for first bid, he sign for 4 bid gurantee... usually cars not so popular they want to boost up their mthly sales mah... sure get... then i think Daihatsu i can press more...... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Stanley Clutched January 26, 2005 Share January 26, 2005 agreed...i got my previous skoda fabia 2 weeks after i booked. the price didn't have such thing as guaranteed nor non-guaranteed. however, currently with KM, i wasn't successful in the most recent bid, short of 300+++, got to wait for 3 more bids. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Soya Supersonic January 26, 2005 Share January 26, 2005 not onli for less popular cars. i tink toyota will 99.9% get COE coz i heard they hv an internal policy never to refund any deposit. how else to be no.1 or make any profit for that matter if the agent dun get their cars on the road? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Julian Clutched January 26, 2005 Share January 26, 2005 true...especially they want to maintain no.1 as they are fighting hard with Nissan Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zombie Neutral Newbie January 26, 2005 Share January 26, 2005 I don't believe in going for guranteed COE if I have a choice. I also don't believe in topping up. I geninuely believe that if they want the deal, they have to secure it for me. If they are not keen, neither am I. It's a perfect competitive mkt out there, brand A - Y can't be bothered, I am sure brand Z will..... otherwise, I still have comfort, SMRT, SBS Transit, SBS to rely on.... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jkphuazanne Neutral Newbie January 28, 2005 Share January 28, 2005 true, went toyota for test-drive 2 mths ago and was enquiring about the car/COE bid. the SE said not to worry, its almost 100% that they will be able to get COE. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Guyver 1st Gear January 29, 2005 Share January 29, 2005 If u pay $$... what can't u get? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aspri Clutched January 30, 2005 Share January 30, 2005 Not 100% sure but I always thought it's based on that month only. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Adawang 1st Gear April 6, 2006 Share April 6, 2006 (edited) Can I ask sumting about guaranteed COE? Lets say, I booked a car fm PI,guaranteed COE, (no coe rebate) that means sure get COE next round. coe results, open cat at 13,301 Can a motor trader can give u a COE at 9,000 to register car Do I have to accept or I can reject? If reject, will the deposit be forfeited? What recourse do I have? Can somebody help? This really happened. Edited April 6, 2006 by Adawang Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Subarufan Neutral Newbie April 6, 2006 Share April 6, 2006 True bro Zombie. Yesterday was my 3rd unsuccessful bid for my LNA. MI called me to top-up everytime, but I bo hiu. I play the waiting game with them. If they not interested, there are always other cars around. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now