Proton gen 2 mods

Sgguy

For 1st generation Campro engines without the IAFM OR CPS system its advisable to fit lighter pulley too,Yes the car wont fly to the moon but at least you will feel the slight difference in acceleration.

↡ Advertisement

There's no legal aftermarket pipe for Proton due to the small market.If you wanna semi-loud high performance custom exhaust there's handful in JB.Also there's R3 aftermarket pipe too

I believe last time there used to be an r3 muffler which is legal.

Some guy by the name of damylim bring in to Singapore.

Quite a few of proton owner whom I know is using this legal r3 muffler.

Bt now seems no more want to bring in the muffler anymore.

I believe last time there used to be an r3 muffler which is legal.

Some guy by the name of damylim bring in to Singapore.

Quite a few of proton owner whom I know is using this legal r3 muffler.

Bt now seems no more want to bring in the muffler anymore.

Can get it from Malaysia. Its pretty much a "stock" exhaust (as in factory exhaust) so its legal.

Neutral Newbie

hmm.. as for the R3 can get it in m'sia but will it look like stock pipe? scare go inspection fail and no stock pipe cuz cant bring it back to sg.

anyway the light weight crank and cam really helps? can the cover for the stock pulley still be use if i change it?

Hi there.

1st brake pad those normal one is arnd 35rm to 60rm

The high end a bit ex like arnd 180rm.

2nd since our battery using size 65, I rekemen u using amaron battery.

I bought it arnd $115 in sg.

Battery better use the the good one.

Neutral Newbie

Wow, got mine done at 125 for 2 pairs of rear brakes ohk n 168 for a 55 motolite batt, think batt got chop carrot, but cal cost, time labour etc I think not that bad right??

Neutral Newbie

hi,

i'm newbie.. just got my second hand Yellow 2007 Gen 2 1.6m recently..

having a big headache as the full exhaust system of this is mod... Pickup is good..

but i want to get a set of OEM full exhaust system for inspection purpose..

anyone willing to swap or sell their full set of stock exhaust..?

Darren

Neutral Newbie

hi,

i'm newbie.. just got my second hand Yellow 2007 Gen 2 1.6m recently..

having a big headache as the full exhaust system of this is mod... Pickup is good..

but i want to get a set of OEM full exhaust system for inspection purpose..

anyone willing to swap or sell their full set of stock exhaust..?

Darren

I drive a Neo but i got friends in Malaysia and I can help u to source for a FULL OEM system.

PM me your budget, I'll get back to you. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Is the price u quote in RM or sing dollars?

A bit puzzled how come u using size 55 for battery?

sgd,just realise kena ketoh a bit, battery wont go back there change, but servicing i think the elf engine oil good for my gen2 compared to current avivo EO.

btw heard from another shop that now the amaron no long good like the dark green series, cuz previous amaron was like 3+ yrs then i play safe go change.. next time will use 65 one..

another thing i'm gonna change soon is the alternator belt.. under bright light theres some crack marks.. wonder how much is this, quoted 150$ b4 gst n labour :X

brakes are OHK dunno what is that

battery some motolite s--t

Neutral Newbie

sgd,just realise kena ketoh a bit, battery wont go back there change, but servicing i think the elf engine oil good for my gen2 compared to current avivo EO.

btw heard from another shop that now the amaron no long good like the dark green series, cuz previous amaron was like 3+ yrs then i play safe go change.. next time will use 65 one..

another thing i'm gonna change soon is the alternator belt.. under bright light theres some crack marks.. wonder how much is this, quoted 150$ b4 gst n labour :X

brakes are OHK dunno what is that

battery some motolite s--t

H-Tyre.changed fan/alternator belt @$80, plus labour.Price quoted is for a Satria Neo.should fit Gen2 too.

[;)]

Btw, I have read about upgrading the Campro engine to CPS version. Cause the difference is only the cylinder head. So some have swap the original head with the CPS version. Also must change the ECU as well.

Its available in Malaysia.

Its quite a good upgrade considering its 125HP (can get it to 145HP with different cam and tuning).

There is also Proton R3 intake and exhaust for the engine which is "legal" since its factory stock parts.