Jump to content

Polish Black Car


Tanlc
 Share

Recommended Posts

Neutral Newbie

Got my black car one year ago but never did any polish or wax. Is it too late?

 

Thought of polishing it this weekend. Any recommended product that I should get to polish my car, esp. black one? I am novice in this area.

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope.. nvr too late. Just that you might have to do more. Why not you start off with reading and brushing up your knowledge first? Dun rush in to just buy any products. You need proper knowledge for a start.

 

If your car condition is still ok. Just start off with normal car washing to sustain it minimally. If it's quite bad, send it in for a professional grooming for a start, whilst at the same time start learning more about paint care.

 

All products are actually more or less the same. It's about different marketing n branding. Of coz there are some brands out there which I personally wouldnt even touch. So why not jsut read around more? If in doubt, stick to reputable brands which most pple use.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Tanlc,

 

Its never too late to froom/detail your ride. smile.gif

 

There is a lot of info in here and also in the web. You can do a search first to get a better understanding of how detailing works and what are the main products out there. nod.gif

 

There is already a compilation of detailing related threads in the DETAILING folder as well as in the RESOURCES folder. You can search for keywords such as "detailing" or "grooming".

 

Cheers and happy detailing. flowerface.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

i tried to polish my car, ended up making it worse. now i send my car to a detailing shop for polishing. $150, using products that are same as glare, last up to 5 years. rather happy with the results.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

 

u can try many types of polish in the market. I've tried Soft99, Kit, AutoGlym. They are all quite good. I am currently using AutoGlym (the one specially for black cars - about $40). The most important thing is the technique and the type of cloth you use. Wrong cloth can produce very fine scratches. Get really soft cloth the one meant for polishing and cleaning it off. Change to another area of cloth once its difficult for u to wax it off.

 

regards,

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

just to side track alittle...my car kena sticky stuff..something like putting a abrasive tape for a few days and remove it...sticky cos where I try to remove it with a cloth the fibre actually stick on the surface...don't ask me what it is cos I dun even know when I got it over the last 2 weeks (cos I have not wash the car myself for two weeks :P)....how do yuo guys remove this? or should I send for plolishing? Tried to remove with water but failed. helphelp

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

how about trying to use some rubbing compound? Or u can also use the bug and tar remove by Polyglaze i think. Its called bug and tar remover. About 6.90 per bottle. Just keep on rubbing in circles. Then wipe it off wif another cotton cloth. Read the instructions at the bottle.

 

Regards,

Roro

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

thanks roro77. by the way have you guys try Carcomp glazing and polishing service at simon road? Is it good? Heard it is quite expensive but quality very good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

never tried dat. Is yours a very new car ? What car are u driving?

By the way, has anyone heard of the Accumat sound proofing thingy. I am driving a Lancer 1.6 CVT ( a few weeks old ), was hoping it could be more quiet.... : )

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

its at eunos area. i've my one done at my house. now they no longer doing mobile, for more info, u can see their website. www.prodetail.com.sg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie
just to side track alittle...my car kena sticky stuff..something like putting a abrasive tape for a few days and remove it...sticky cos where I try to remove it with a cloth the fibre actually stick on the surface...don't ask me what it is cos I dun even know when I got it over the last 2 weeks (cos I have not wash the car myself for two weeks :P)....how do yuo guys remove this? or should I send for plolishing? Tried to remove with water but failed. helphelp

 

Just use WD40 and a piece of tissue paper. Spray on to the tissue paper and rub gently on the affected area. After that shampoo and wax that area.

Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

Cazcomp uses Zaino http://www.cazcomp.com/

 

Reputedly one of the best sealants in terms of durability but it is a PITA to apply due to the preparation work involved. Can't go wrong with it though.

Edited by Weiming
Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

me driving a ford focus....3 months old ...thinking of doing a glooming to enhance the apperance [sunny]

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...