Jump to content

Singaopore's speed limit


Subreesfv
 Share

Recommended Posts

Neutral Newbie

DO u guys think that the speed limit Should increase a bit ?

Sometiime after work when i drove home, i wanna fell asleep cos the speed limit is too slow. i think the speed on expressway should increase to 110Km/h den reasonable. In neighbourhood can increase to 70km/h

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

hey, TP jus increased the speed limit on several roads not long ago right?

cannot ask for too much. they have a utopian vision of every vehicle travelling at 50km/h with zero accident.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

i have this observation....speed limit 80km/h....car will travel at 90km/h.

speed limit 90km/h...car will travel at 100km/h.

 

however if there's speed camera sign, speed limit at 80km/h....car will travel at 70km/h or less.

Link to post
Share on other sites

utopias are non existent. The perfection of society will lead to imperfect mindsets.

And yes, i know your being sarcastic lol. [;)]

 

Agreed that the expressways should at least be 100km/h. Its been proven in the states and germany that slow speeds does make the driver fatigue. On the other hand higher speeds means the need for more control - something the appropriate driving centres should teach which is being done in Germany where the student pays up to 800-1K euros where he or she is taught to handle the vehicle at high speeds on the "unlimited" autobahn.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually sticking to the unrealistic speed limit in S'pore can be FUN!!!

 

Some roads like Mt Pleasant Rd has a speed limit of 40km/h.

 

Usually I deliberately stick to the speed limit and when you see a whole convoy of vehicles behind you, and most of them getting impatient, flashing their headlights or horning, and try to overtake you but cannot as there's cars coming in the opposite direction, you just laugh your head off. [laugh]

 

And the road straight ahead of me is 100% clear, with not a single car in sight, but behind me is a mini traffic jam [laugh]

 

But what can I do? It's not that I do not want to speed up. I am just a law abiding citizen following the rules and law stipulated by the government.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's something more sick.

 

There's this car I enountered some time back, road hogging at 80km/h on the extreme right lane (lane 1) of the PIE.

 

I did 2 quick flashes at him from behind and tapped my horn lightly, no reaction. Tried again, still no reaction.

 

Fine!

 

I filtered to lane 2, middle lane and stayed about a car's length behind him, so those cars behind him want to overtake him but cannot.

 

I was not breaking any rules in the centre lane, as I was travelling within the stipulated speed limit. [thumbsup]

Link to post
Share on other sites

in that case i think all of us are not qualified to go on expressways. [laugh][laugh]

 

cos the school didn't teach!!

and our max speed when learning is like 60-65km/h. [:|]

Link to post
Share on other sites

DO u guys think that the speed limit Should increase a bit ?

Sometiime after work when i drove home, i wanna fell asleep cos the speed limit is too slow. i think the speed on expressway should increase to 110Km/h den reasonable. In neighbourhood can increase to 70km/h

 

 

110KM/H [nod][nod][nod][nod][nod][nod][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

 

70KM/H for neighbourhood [nod][nod][nod][nod][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup] But 80KM/H will be better [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Link to post
Share on other sites

i have this observation....speed limit 80km/h....car will travel at 90km/h [nod][nod][nod] .

speed limit 90km/h...car will travel at 100km/h. [nod][nod][nod] (I practise that too man ) [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

 

however if there's speed camera sign, speed limit at 80km/h....car will travel at 70km/h or less.

I will travel at the speed limit 60km/h i will travel 60km/h. They got give some allowance one lar. Don't worry. From what i believe the allowance is about 6km moew. Exceed taht you might kanna .(just a wild guess only ) [nod][nod][nod]
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yah! The law and rules here make me sick.

 

 

Agreed [nod][nod][nod][nod][nod] Speed limit too slow already man . Everytime driving nearly fall asleep man [nod][nod][nod][bigcry][bigcry][bigcry]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually sticking to the unrealistic speed limit in S'pore can be FUN!!!

 

Some roads like Mt Pleasant Rd has a speed limit of 40km/h.

 

Usually I deliberately stick to the speed limit and when you see a whole convoy of vehicles behind you, and most of them getting impatient, flashing their headlights or horning, and try to overtake you but cannot as there's cars coming in the opposite direction, you just laugh your head off. [laugh]

 

And the road straight ahead of me is 100% clear, with not a single car in sight, but behind me is a mini traffic jam [laugh]

 

But what can I do? It's not that I do not want to speed up. I am just a law abiding citizen following the rules and law stipulated by the government.

 

Wo lao i will hate you for that man , if i was behind you.For me i will pickup a bit unless i cannot control the car at that speed lor . [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

yea really hate the speed limit here! Espically when u are driving high spec cars, it's really a torture when u are driving 90km/h speed even on expressway. Ur car will feel under power and make things worst, it consumes more gas.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen TP set up speed camera at Mt Pleasant Rd.

 

So don't ever try exceeding the 40km/h speed limit.

 

Technically speaking, any speed above 40km/h, TP can legally fine you and give you demerit points.

 

I can comfortably travel at 70km/h on this road within control, but not worth it if I get a fine and demerit points.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For me i always stick to the rule of not speeding more tha 10km/h if i can . But for normal 50km/h road i always travel at 70 to 80 . bBut if sharp coner is involved , i will slow down lor .

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...