The race started off with a bang. This was because after the front runners (with Vettel in pole) moved off safely, Bruno Senna caused the opening crash by failing to brake and torpedoing into the Toro Rosso driven by Jaime Alguersuari. Then Timo Glock decided to rearrange the looks of Paul DiResta's Force India car by crashing into it. He manageda two-birds one stone thingy as he managed to take off Jenson Button's endplate too. Button then collided into bits of Senna's front wing which was strewn across the track and lost his own wing too causing him to pit (imagine still comming out third after this type of start).
The drama ensured as by lap 5 Vettel had to pit due to blistering tyres and on lap 6, the other Sebastian, Sebastian Buemi made contact with Sergio Perez and lost his rear wing. Both entered the pits for damage and Perez was given a drive-through penalty for the skirmish. By this time the positions of the drivers had changed but the driving or racing was really good (a simple non-bombastic word to actually describe the moment).
Anyway aside from Vettel and the others making things interesting, it was a fabulous race for Michael Schumacher too. The Grand master of Formula 1 showed the new kids on the block some of his magic and this race celebrated his 20 years in Formula 1. As I've said earlier, this old man is still showing people how it's done (albeit his usual recklessness and silly mistakes occasionally) as he started off from the last position and finished fifth ahead of his team mate Nico Rosberg. Watching him drive this time around was like watching him drive in the late 1990s and early '00s. It looks like this old chap is getting younger with every race.
The Belgian F1 was a memorable race and Vettel's win wasn't like one of his earlier victories of this season. He had to work hard for this one.
01. Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1h26.44.893
2. Webber Red Bull-Renault + 3.741
3. Button McLaren-Mercedes + 9.669
4. Alonso Ferrari + 13.022
5. Schumacher Mercedes + 47.464
6. Rosberg Mercedes + 48.674
7. Sutil Force India-Mercedes + 59.713
8. Massa Ferrari + 1m06.076
9. Petrov Renault + 1m11.917
10. Maldonado Williams-Cosworth + 1m17.615
11. Di Resta Force India-Mercedes + 1m23.994
12. Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari + 1m31.976
13. Senna Renault + 1m32.985
14. Trulli Lotus-Renault + 1 lap
15. Kovalainen Lotus-Renault + 1 lap
16. Barrichello Williams-Cosworth + 1 lap
17. D'Ambrosio Virgin-Cosworth + 1 lap
18. Glock Virgin-Cosworth + 1 lap
19. Liuzzi HRT-Cosworth + 1 lap
Did Not Finish
Perez Sauber-Ferrari 27
Ricciardo HRT-Cosworth 13
Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 12
Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 6
Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1