This marks Red Bullís first constructorís championship title after competing in Formula 1 for about 7 years. It is quite an achievement for a relatively new team to do so but this is still not as fantastic as last yearís winner Brawn Mercedes (now Mercedes GP after Mercedes came in with engines and all), who managed it after one season (and had come fourth in the constructorís championship this season). Brawn Mercedes was basically built from the ashes of Honda who pulled out of Formula 1 after the end of the 2008 season.
Anyway, what is important is that it has been a roller coaster season, where there has been a great fight between Red Bull and McLaren at first, followed by an upsurge in the performance of Ferrari that basically threw the Constructorís Championship wide open.
But things are not over yet. The final race at Abu Dhabi, UAE will determine who comes home with the Driverís Championship. Itís a three way fight between Fernando Alonso of Ferrari and the two Red Bull drivers, Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel. Lewis Hamilton is fourth, and if some fluke happens, like all three stated above do not finish in the points, he wins.
It has been a pretty good Formula 1 season this year, and itís down to the wire for the drivers this time at Abu Dhabi on the 14th of November.
01. Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1h33:11.803
02. Webber Red Bull-Renault + 4.243
03. Alonso Ferrari + 6.807
04. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes + 14.634
05. Button McLaren-Mercedes + 15.593
06. Rosberg Mercedes + 35.300
07. Schumacher Mercedes + 43.400
08. Hulkenberg Williams-Cosworth + 1 lap
09. Kubica Renault + 1 lap
10. Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari + 1 lap
11. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari + 1 lap
12. Sutil Force India-Mercedes + 1 lap
13. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari + 1 lap
14. Massa Ferrari + 1 lap
15. Petrov Renault + 1 lap
16. Barrichello Williams-Cosworth + 1 lap
17. Heidfeld Sauber-Ferrari + 1 lap
18. Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth + 2 laps
19. Trulli Lotus-Cosworth + 2 laps
20. Glock Virgin-Cosworth + 2 laps
21. Senna HRT-Cosworth + 2 laps
22. Klien HRT-Cosworth + 6 laps
Did Not Finish (DNF)
Di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth 63
Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 50