Alfa 159 Part V (Any Alfa discussion also welcomed)

Gorjiam

Black rim on our black ride is always nice!! ^_^

except for 1 thing....if ever there's a peel.....sighs.... [bigcry][bigcry]

it's super obvious, and even the smallest, slight kurb rash will be obvious from 500m away..... [sweatdrop]

nothing a red leaf perm marker cant fix.. i use that on my bonnet even.. haha

↡ Advertisement

I had this check engine error listed 2 weeks ago and it is gone after I wash my car. Two day ago, the error came back and gone after I wash my car yesterday. Kind of :blink:

Anyone has the same experience?

Btw my is a 2007 159.

I had this check engine error listed 2 weeks ago and it is gone after I wash my car. Two day ago, the error came back and gone after I wash my car yesterday. Kind of :blink:

Anyone has the same experience?

Btw my is a 2007 159.

Very unusual but if you like to find out exactly, you need a OBD scanner. The error occurances will be saved in the ECU log.

i saw a matt white M3 some time ago and looks great.. whats the trouble with matt white? pls enlighten me.. :D

Well from what I hear should one opt for matt anything - it is quite a delicate surface and highly susceptible to staining and damage due to bird droppings etc. Just think about it - you cannot just use a polish to remove as you wil lcreate a shiny spot.

Apparently there is a special tratment in such cases and this has to be done rather quickly once droppings or fallout is detected on the paint.

Second point - you are going to get a much better "effect" using matt if it is a dark colour rather than white as you then see the shadows from the body contours better with a matt surface.

Frankly it is a trend that will last five minutes and I can almost guarantee that resale on matt finishes wil lbe poor due to aforementioned maintenance AND a trend that will disappear. Oh and a very slight increase in fuel consumption due to higher surface resistance.

I see some for the 159 .. must see it on a car then can decide.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FK-ABS-SPORT-FRO...=item5d3281ce84

And one more thing - the Brera has a blacked out bonnet grille compared to the 159. Again these you can pick up off eBay for a reasonable price. IMO they look classier and less chromy so whether you go for blacked out grille on the horeshoe or not I would do this for sure. And they are completely interchangeable with 159. I bought a spare in case the unthinkable might happen :(

Here is the part in question - just go buy and fit it will look more modern and classier :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-new-Genuin...8ca7&_uhb=1

Now Ive probably started a run on them DARN DARN - should set up Brera Grille Futures fund lol

And one more thing - the Brera has a blacked out bonnet grille compared to the 159. Again these you can pick up off eBay for a reasonable price. IMO they look classier and less chromy so whether you go for blacked out grille on the horeshoe or not I would do this for sure. And they are completely interchangeable with 159. I bought a spare in case the unthinkable might happen :(

Here is the part in question - just go buy and fit it will look more modern and classier :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-new-Genuin...8ca7&_uhb=1

Now Ive probably started a run on them DARN DARN - should set up Brera Grille Futures fund lol

A pair of scissors and some black masking tape can work wonders too .. just to test if we like the look [;)]

Edited by Count_duku