Yeobh 4th Gear November 7, 2005 Share November 7, 2005 (edited) I don't believe in throwing my hard earn money down the drain and therefore such stupid " operation" don't interests me at all.Moreover I don't own a car for more than 12 years now so bi-annual inspection do not bother me at all. Frankly many mechanics and friends use to consult me about car inspection due to my training in automotive technolgy & previous experience in marketing turn-key projects on car inpsection and testing equipment. I have been involved in such projects as early as 1980 in Spore, Brunei, Indoensia and others. Have seen enough ( but money not enough) so now spend time selling Kancang Putih ( Penuts) automotive service tools in ebay and yahoo. Edited November 7, 2005 by Yeobh ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Heartbreakid 6th Gear November 7, 2005 Share November 7, 2005 (edited) I don't believe in throwing my hard earn money down the drain and therefore such stupid " operation" don't interests me at all.Moreover I don't own a car for more than 12 years now so bi-annual inspection do not bother me at all. Frankly many mechanics and friends use to consult me about car inspection due to my training in automotive technolgy & previous experience in marketing turn-key projects on car inpsection and testing equipment. I have been involved in such projects as early as 1980 in Spore, Brunei, Indoensia and others. Have seen enough ( but money not enough) so now spend time selling Kancang Putih ( Penuts) automotive service tools in ebay and yahoo. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hey man!! Cool it, won't you?! Why get so worked up?! You have your way of living... And for what you telling us the above thingy?! The subject is "Questions on Muffler" Relax lah... Edited November 7, 2005 by Heartbreakid Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
King 1st Gear November 7, 2005 Share November 7, 2005 open or not open also nvr mind, most important, msut be able to redline Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yeobh 4th Gear November 7, 2005 Share November 7, 2005 Very sorry if I have in any way offended you. Pl accept my apology and bear with me, sometime I just like to blow my trumpet. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Roro77 Neutral Newbie November 7, 2005 Author Share November 7, 2005 Relax Relax, All Pls Relax, i just want to learn more things abt mufflers and for others to learn as well.... of course i know sometimes all this is a waste of money... but sometimes u know lah, passion abt cars since young and all dat, u simply cannot avoid it... I mean if frmm young u like cars... when u start working and drive, there is a tendency to spend on all this.... the graph will go up until one day i wake up hey! i wanna stop doing all this... hehehee...... Anyway, thanks all for your comments, i learnt alot... Pls continue if you hav new findings while i try to find time to visit Man exhaust see what they gotto say abt this... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lanceteo Neutral Newbie November 7, 2005 Share November 7, 2005 haiyo.. if do like dat.. my as well dont bother doing.. but once cat is out its illegal la simplee... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Heartbreakid 6th Gear November 8, 2005 Share November 8, 2005 Hey, hey, don't get me wrong. I'm not offended by your words...You did nothing wrong, no hard feelings man . Everyone has their own way of living and I respect that. I appreciate your expert technical knowledge because this topic seems to help some of us clear our doubts and at the same time learn something about muffler thingy...It's about sharing something relevent and not starting a war . No hard feelings yah!! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Yeobh 4th Gear November 8, 2005 Share November 8, 2005 Thanx for your understanding, let's continue the the sharing and caring of all the like mind people who gather here. Enjoy and have a nice day !! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zoner Clutched November 11, 2005 Share November 11, 2005 haha....Im online most of the time... I hope to go there in the next 1 or 2 days. Hope to learn more things abt this muffler thingy.... Thanks for the address hw bro, u done with ur 'operation'? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Roro77 Neutral Newbie November 11, 2005 Author Share November 11, 2005 Not yet... kana reservist now... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seanboi 1st Gear February 9, 2006 Share February 9, 2006 Usually, a freer flow exhaust must go with a more free flow filter and vice versa. It is always recommended that the cone filter is locate away from heat or fit heat shield. Both freer flow filter, drop-in and cone, you can see which one has larger breathing area, definitely it's the cone one. "Generally, open pod is better than drop in but im not sure it will complement the change in muffler..." Yap, I agree what you say. Same car with same mods but with each uses different brand, performance may differ. But if you change to open pod and felt that the car has no improvement or even worse, don't blame me... ... Like what I say, AUTO cars usually should go with the semi-flow muffler. Can check out with MAN Exhaust at Sin Ming if you have doubts because I drive a Manual car so I didn't ask much...hehe... Hi, would like to ask u if drive a MT car but most of the time city driving so rev e most 2.5K, would it be good to use free-flow or semi-flow exhaust? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Heartbreakid 6th Gear February 9, 2006 Share February 9, 2006 (edited) Yap I'm driving a MT car. The last time I mod my exhaust, I requested for semi-flow setup, but I was told that it's a waste to do that, since my car is manual, more performance can be extracted from a free flow setup... Dont expect too much of improvement though... If your are doing, city driving most of the time, you may want to change your extractor to 4-2-1, as a friend told me he experience better pick up with it... So if your is a manual car, go for free-flow setup, usually semi-flow setup is for automatic cars (to preserve some back pressure, wont want to go explaining it further...) and if you're looking for better pick-up, change to a 4-2-1 extractor but you might loose out on top-end... Anyway, I've also done research on extractor and 4-2-1 gave better pick up while 4-1 gave better high-end power. Edited February 9, 2006 by Heartbreakid Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seanboi 1st Gear February 9, 2006 Share February 9, 2006 4-2-1 veri easy to spot bro. As for semi flow, dey sae its good for low end. As wont loose too much back pressure. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Heartbreakid 6th Gear February 9, 2006 Share February 9, 2006 Oh, you want mod to be done but still can't be seem [laugh]... True true and extractor quite expensive too... ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
MOM help FTs look for jobs ?
MOM help FTs look for jobs ?
24HRs Free Technical Help Desk for your Automotive problems
24HRs Free Technical Help Desk for your Automotive problems
WWE Wrestling Fans, able to help or share this?
WWE Wrestling Fans, able to help or share this?
Plumber Recommendations please!
Plumber Recommendations please!
Unable to post pictures in threads
Unable to post pictures in threads
Accident Insurance Claim - Total Loss! Help!
Accident Insurance Claim - Total Loss! Help!
Citroen C4 1.2 Sensor & Display
Citroen C4 1.2 Sensor & Display
We Must Increase Mental Health Awareness At Schools & Workplaces After RVHS Incident
We Must Increase Mental Health Awareness At Schools & Workplaces After RVHS Incident