Dettol Shower Foam?

Ic3ncok3

this might sound silly but has any1 tried using dettol shower foam to wash their cars?

reasoning behind my asking comes from trying to wash my empty soft99 authentic wax can. i noticed that the dettol shower foam could not wash away the carnauba wax. but the lux shower foam could.

i believe dettol shower foam is pretty effective in washing off stuff like shoe polish and SAF camou (the stick type, not the water based type) but it doesnt seem to be able to do anything to carnauba wax.

soooooo, maybe we could use it to wash our cars and not harm the carnauba?

↡ Advertisement

I often do that during lunch time in office. But I realised if body got tar stain, a rub down with shampoo is the thumbsup.gif But to shampoo, wash n dry will take tat much longer time...unimpressed.gif

Neutral Newbie

Here's one for you...

Have you thought of using Car Wash Shampoo as shower foam? [:/]

Soaps are formulated according to what they are intended for.

Yup nod.gif I know i'm a little hur.gif But water free and got hose. sly.gif But if weather is hot and shiny then most likely just do a quickie if not I'm all bounce1.giflaugh.gif

In fact most of my collueages also think i'm hur.gif cos mostly after wash in the afternoon, by the time leaving office it rains..... furious.gif

this might sound silly but has any1 tried using dettol shower foam to wash their cars?

reasoning behind my asking comes from trying to wash my empty soft99 authentic wax can. i noticed that the dettol shower foam could not wash away the carnauba wax. but the lux shower foam could.

i believe dettol shower foam is pretty effective in washing off stuff like shoe polish and SAF camou (the stick type, not the water based type) but it doesnt seem to be able to do anything to carnauba wax.

soooooo, maybe we could use it to wash our cars and not harm the carnauba?

actually must agree that it is a silly qn but u have also made me quite curious.. as far as i know should use wat u should use.. and therefore should use car shampoo lah..

even if can use dettol shower foam, i dont see the benefits cos it's also not that cheap... and i dont see the purpose of disinfecting the exterior of the car...

but my rellys in msia seldom wash car.. and their cars quite lok kok.. so i have seen them use stuff like FAB powder even!

↡ Advertisement