Carwash

Civic

The Esso station in Toa Payoh Lor 4/5 has reasonably good manual wash. Normal $5, with coupon $3.50. They automatically give coupons after the wash. Basically wet, soap then pressure spray, then dry. I'm a regular there. So far no scratches, only downside is the rims are not very well cleaned. [:|]

↡ Advertisement

I have the same experience too when I went to Caltex car wash at Tampines (near Temasek Poly). It had snow wash .... and gosh I saw scratches on my boot and the roof of my car after wash. Problem is that I didn't notice these scratches until I drove to Ipoh (Msia) a few days later and wanted to wash the car myself. I even wanted to blame my sis's maid (who helped me to wash) but now I think it's the Caltex car wash that caused the scratches.

AVOID CAR WASH AT CALTEX TAMPINES !!

Ok, tell u what... i will create a new topic.... Bad experience with manual car wash... so that we could highlight and warn other members... i'll be sharing my experience there......

Huh, scratches on car after hand wash? Maybe those guys who wash your car wears ring on their fingers? The benefit of hand wash versus automatic car wash is to have shwirl free wash... if you still have the scatch marks... I got nothing to say.

Those scratches does not look like scratches from rings.... it looks more like scratches from foreign bodies..... like they use the cloth to clean a very dirty car... and some sand or whatever got stuck to the cloth.... and then they use the same cloth and wipe your car.... that'll cause scratches also.....

Pls cut & paste your story in the new section under general discussion.... under bad car wash experiences...

Neutral Newbie

Any one know is there any different between the shampoo used in Carlex, SPC, Shell or Esso. I heard the shampoo used in carlex carwash is better. Have waxing ingredient.

Any one know is there any different between the shampoo used in Carlex, SPC, Shell or Esso. I heard the shampoo used in carlex carwash is better. Have waxing ingredient.

Do you mean Caltex??? [confused]

Revived, petrol station or shop providing a good wash for $10 and under. Not for the enthusiast, cheapo $2-3 wash hunter and 20 cents diy people. Please add in if you have a place to share.

1) Caltex Alexandra

2) SPC Pasir Panjang (Minds)

3) Shell Payar Lebar. Beside Certis Cisco.

4) TTS CarCare

Vacuum your car interior thoroughly and wipe the lenses on the dashboard with a soft damp cloth.take your mats out and brush them down.this will remove dirt that may otherwise create wear in your mats if they build up.

Edited by Linearossa

This Bangladeshi first day at work as car owner told him : "cuci luar dan dalam" (Clean inside and Outside)......This really happen in JB !!
SO FRIENDS BE CAREFUL...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=516698858462633&set=a.237900749675780.63140.100003675716095&type=1&fref=nf&pnref=story

Edited by Aaronlkl
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11