DIY CAI on my Trajet

Vtim

here's how the stock snokel located, inside the left wheel arch (inside the left bumper area) with the snokel facing the wheel

post-6-1148025487_thumb.jpg

post-6-1148025488_thumb.jpg

post-6-1148025489_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

this is how it looks like from with the left wheel arch cover slightly removed

post-6-1148025621_thumb.jpg

post-6-1148025622_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vtim

remove the "U" flexi tube connection to the stock snokel, the other end is going up to the stock airbox inside the engine bay

post-6-1148025855_thumb.jpg

cut the length slightly so that it can fit to the "pre-cut" square opening which I've done much earlier

post-6-1148025976_thumb.jpg

post-6-1148025977_thumb.jpg

fit the opening of the flexi tube to the precut square opening so to draw cold air, I used cable tie to keep it in place but haven't take any pics, will do later

post-6-1148026136_thumb.jpg

post-6-1148026137_thumb.jpg

post-6-1148026138_thumb.jpg

CAI is a must lah, I've done it on all the previous 5 cars and 2 bikes that I've owned (actually, on my 1st bike in 86', Kawasaki AR125, I ride it without the air filter sly.gifsly.gifsly.gif)

You are amazing... [thumbsup] I did that once before but now is back to stock setup cos alot of leaves and small pebbles also end up in the filter box. Worst is water after a heavy downpour...my advice is to check or change the filter(OEM)often. [:)]

Hi Vtim, can you tell us the after effects ? What & did you achieve your objectives?

Seemed like a simple mod, maybe I'll operate on my Stream [laugh]

Any down side ? Thanks [thumbsup]

yes I know, leaves do get in, I'll be DIY a small wire mesh to cover the square opening, as for heavy downpour, it wasn't problem cause already gone thru' one wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

you get more air (colder than stock setup) into the combustion chamber, colder air is much denser (more tightly pack air molecules) than hot air, so you have more air then more fuel so better power sly.gifsly.gifsly.gif

after the CAI, the REV goes up faster than when it is stock thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

if yours is the 2.0 iVTEC, then you cannot, as the engine bay will be very tight for you to DIY a flexi tube to your throttle body sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

if 1.7 SOHC VTEC, then there will more free space to route the flexi pipe wink.gifPosted ImagePosted Image

it breath much better than stock, engine much more eager to rev up to 6200rpm than before sly.gifsly.gifsly.gif wanna ride sly.gifsly.gifsly.gif

(edited)

wah lau, good for you man [thumbsup]

can tell you quite happy with it, must be the one of the best, simple, DIY, value for the effort mod I've come across so far, with little or no down side.

Mine's the 2 L iVtec, so ok lah, since can't do so save myself the itch to do this [laugh]. Otherwise everyday will be asking myself to do or not.

thanks for the detail explanation. [thumbsup]

Edited by GoopPwr
↡ Advertisement