Altis or colt plus

Boon88

Neutral Newbie

hi bros out there.i m planning to get a car.the reason behind it is tat i m getting married soon and i m expecting my baby real soon.i have two car in mind and i need all yr opinion to help me find a conclusion.a colt plus or a corolla altis.pls give me some advise

↡ Advertisement

Bro, I was in the same situation as you are couple of mthns ago....

Things to consider :

1. You will have more family members travelling in your car....gossip.gif

2. There are like tons of things to carry in your boot when your baby can start to go out with you and your wife..nosebleed.gifnosebleed.gif

3. Sudden increase in all expenses, from 100% increase in utilities to tons of other things to buy...dizzy.gifdizzy.gif

If those are the 02 choices you are restricted to , my suggestion is you get the Altis as a more spacious and cheaper option...wink.gifwink.gif

Neutral Newbie

I was considering those cars too..

Toyota vs Mitsubishi..i personally dun really care..

VVT-i vs MIVEC..both are just as good i think..

1.6 vs 1.5 - road tax abt 75 bucks diff only..

Altis is thai made..Colt plus is jap made...Most people put that for consideration..up to you..

i prefer the colt's dark interior vs the altis wooden/beige interior..kids can make the car look dirty...heh

Both cars should be able to fit in a pram..

FC is about the same for both...i think 13km/L colt vs 12km/L altis..

Price wise..altis is slightly cheaper..56K vs 57K..

Colt plus got some interesting gadgets/space storage...especially the auto tailgate..

BM SE vs CnC SE..i think we all know which is um..friendlier

Well...personally I feel Colt Plus is a slightly better choice..it is not as common as the Altis on the road too!

Neutral Newbie

Ever consider Latio?

Big rear leg room compared to Altis surprisingly.

Definitely a better overall built than Altis.

Previously I own a G9 so I make this comparison.

Hi bro, 1st of all, congratulation to you and your wife!^__6.

it'll be an another new beginning for you after your marriage life and have kid, like others said and advised you in the forum, you might want to consider to minimise your expenses as much as possible, factors like FC of the car ( as petrol price is getting higher in foreseeable future), differences in the insurance premium and road tax, cost of servicing for the next few years ..etc.

In my opinion, you might want to consider the Altis?

[thumbsup]

cheer

Seeking advices here is not really a good idea. Cos mostly given here are just comments and opinions.

Ultimately u've got to ask yourself what is your priority, what u want in your car as in what u need most. Go for practical stuff as priority. Go find out more physically rather than listen to what ppl say cos different person have diff priority and opinions.

Dun rush to make a decision. That's my advice.

Oh and the correct spelling for advice is the one with a "c" not "s".

Good day!

Edited by Watwheels

hi bros out there.i m planning to get a car.the reason behind it is tat i m getting married soon and i m expecting my baby real soon.i have two car in mind and i need all yr opinion to help me find a conclusion.a colt plus or a corolla altis.pls give me some advise

Altis lah, good interior design and big boot space, more suitable for family especially with baby [thumbsup], forget abt thai and Jap if you don't want keep it more than 5 years [:p]

Agree! I bias latio over Altis and Colt too, heard latio FC 14+km/l and better built quality than altis [thumbsup], Mitsubishi sporty car OK [thumbsup], family car [lipsrsealed][shakehead]

My advice here is to take the altis as personally I dun quite like the colt plus due to it's design. No offences but the colt plus looks abit weird in terms of the back as it kinda petrude out.

Perhaps you can search for threads discussing about colt plus. I think there's a recent thread whereby the owner was telling us his hint of regret from buying a colt plus. Hopefully from there you are able to deduce more info.

Neutral Newbie

Test drive both cars and choose the one you like!!!

Neutral Newbie

Yes I absolutely vvTi surpass Nissan engine.

My considerations are:

1.Jap made

2.Reliability and finishing

3.Tech features

Both my friends own Altis.

Within 2 yrs, absorbers(x4) and driving shaft were replaced FOC.

Both encountered the same problems.

So I gave up the idea of owning an Altis.

Neutral Newbie

Yes, latio has a nice interior, new gadgets, good legroom, spacious boot and decent FC.

Jap assembled latio to me is a plus point.

Price wise should be quite comparable to thai assembled altis.

Neutral Newbie

FC not sure yet cos less than 1k; run-in period.

My run-in ard 11.5km/l.

Comapred to G9, it is a more comfortable car to drive.

Pickup is better for G9.

Maybe unfair comparison since Latio is 1.2 ton+ while G9 is 1.1 ton+.

Neutral Newbie

Frankly speaking Latio exterior sucks.

Due to Jap assembled with gadgets, I took it.

Price is $1-2k more than Altis.

In my opinion, it's a more value for money car.

Neutral Newbie

Latio exterior is either you love it or hate it.

I find it funny looking initially but after sometime, it actually look more "elegant". [laugh]