Kilomatrix 1st Gear November 29, 2006 Share November 29, 2006 Heard C&C not having manual transmission! Lets hope PI have it!! not true...heard its coming soon...how soon we don't know....I called C&C and was told not bringing in manual version. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kilomatrix 1st Gear November 29, 2006 Share November 29, 2006 (edited) buy together ai mai?i go talk to my friend tomoloI'm quite interested leh...can u check out the price? Heard Garage R gives good warranty. Thanks in advance. Edited November 29, 2006 by Kilomatrix Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cleanwipe Neutral Newbie November 29, 2006 Share November 29, 2006 For those who have test driven, please provide your field report Tested Colt Plus Turbo on Aug 06 with family (3 person). A little disappointed with the turbo...so did not buy this car. I had push this test drive car to the max and still having hard time beating a normal Lancer 1.6 GLXi....dame sad When hit the red mark, it's sound like taking the car to HELL Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Robin 4th Gear November 29, 2006 Share November 29, 2006 hmmm...confirm better than my current ride... mine 2 .... i just dun like the backside. so flat Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lightspeed Clutched November 29, 2006 Share November 29, 2006 (edited) Test drove the car yesterday at C&C ... One word... SHIOK I loved it ... now wondering if I should change cars... We waited at the entrance of C&C while the SE took the car out. My friend and I spotted the car and the first things the both of us blurted out were "Whoa! Sounds good" ... The exhaust note was deep and caused abit of excitement in our run up to the test drive I tested the car in 2 laps around Leng Kee, 1st lap in D mode and the 2nd lap in tiptronic mode. Driving position was somewhat screwed to me ... Found the dashboard too long, far from the windscreen to the driver, you have to estimate the distance of the car in front from yours by guesswork. Even with the seat pumped up to the highest position I couldn't see the bonnet. I'm about 168cm short btw. The steering was pretty heavy as well as compared to my present car ... adaptive steering? It gets heavier at higher speeds, but even at low speeds I felt that it was heavier than my present car. The tiptronic was good ... I had fun playing with it, a little different from the Mazda3 tiptronic and other cars that downshift automatically... this one stayed at 4th gear when I was at 30km/h In D mode, CVT/Gear shifts was seamless with no rubberband feeling I was expecting the worst after driving my friend's Lancer several times... but this was pretty good with the car picking up speed quickly too. Definitely better than the CPT (Lighter I guess) The car did roll a little and my friend sitting at the rear felt uncomfortable, but as the driver, was pretty okay. It wasn't really bad unless you do what I did, which was cut out of lane quickly and floor the accelerator all the way FC for the car on paper should be around 12km/l "even with what you did just now" as quoted by the SE Now seriously considering ... if only CO was more cooperative Edited November 29, 2006 by Lightspeed Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zhihao 1st Gear November 29, 2006 Share November 29, 2006 tink the colt plus turbo and version is a diff thing... looks iteself is already diff liao... anyway the colt plus turbo really so bad meh? can't be la, i think u need to 'know' how to drive it...maybe turbo lag quite high so bad on low end lor... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zhihao 1st Gear November 29, 2006 Share November 29, 2006 great post thanks for the feedback... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accordvtec 1st Gear November 29, 2006 Share November 29, 2006 just came back from test drive.... well,frankly speaking,would prefer the manual anytime over the CVT... There is some lag at the low revs....I did played with the tip-tronic but only for a few seconds because the roads quite crowded just now... Steering indeed is heavy... I noticed some difference between the PI & CnC vehicles: PI-white dials w/ 240km/h CnC-red markings and letters and illuminate once engine starts PI-comes with ASC(Assisted Stability Control) CnC-nil PI-Red painted markings for the centre console and air-con vent rings is part of a $5K( ) option together with Recaro seats(very not worthwhile in my opinion) CnC-the red markings are standard PI-nil CnC-Sony latest Bluetooth Headunit & Ralliart Triple Meters(nothing fanciful if you ask me but if its FOC,why not?) My CnC friend was willing to give me generous discount over the listed price(before cash rebate of $3888 or $6888 respectively) but I couldn't decide.... well.....I'll likely go for manual one if I were to buy this car.. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accordvtec 1st Gear November 29, 2006 Share November 29, 2006 buy together ai mai?i go talk to my friend tomoloI'm quite interested leh...can u check out the price? Heard Garage R gives good warranty. Thanks in advance. I have my own PI friend to rely on so I'll not buy from other PI...I've pm you the price. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dlar2 Neutral Newbie November 29, 2006 Author Share November 29, 2006 If I buy I would still go for CVT. I lazy although I knew manual is fun. Can PM me how much discount your friend in C&C could give? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accordvtec 1st Gear November 29, 2006 Share November 29, 2006 You today on leave? Thank you for going to test drive. I got no time for that....may be 2 weeks time? no.not on leave....just bk from the test drive.:) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accordvtec 1st Gear November 29, 2006 Share November 29, 2006 what?filter only extra 22horses?OMG That was a Colt Plus Turbo with CVT somemore.. stock torque is 180Nm... Version-R manual stock torque is 210Nm very hard to believe.... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accordvtec 1st Gear November 29, 2006 Share November 29, 2006 scare CVT spoilt leh....not cheap leh Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lightspeed Clutched November 29, 2006 Share November 29, 2006 The Ralliart meters retail for about $1.8k while the Sony MEX-BT5000 retails for about $750 None of which I'd want if I were to purchase the car. Couldn't care much for the rims either lol I wonder if the price of the car could be lowered if I asked for them to be removed The 5k option from PI is not worthwhile like what you mentioned as well as you can easily get your own pair of Recaros for less in addition to doing your own cubic prints for less. The PI ones come with ASC because they're manual versions. The auto ones don't have ASC To add to what I've wrote previously... the insurance for the car is insane. I was quoted $2.5k with 20% NCD for this 1.5T. My current ride is a 1.8T and I'm only paying $1.5k Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accordvtec 1st Gear November 29, 2006 Share November 29, 2006 I think Defi meters cost much less and oso much nicer.... I am quoted only 700 for the insurance leh....from my own sources...CnC confirm much higher Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Weihui Clutched November 29, 2006 Share November 29, 2006 Are you very young? My premium for CPT is $1.2k with 5% NCD... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Weihui Clutched November 29, 2006 Share November 29, 2006 no.not on leave....just bk from the test drive.:) Test driven the manual version? Which PI allows that? How was the test drive? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Accordvtec 1st Gear November 29, 2006 Share November 29, 2006 5% ncd?got 5% meh? ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Google Maps latest version
Google Maps latest version
Anyone out there driving Mitsubishi Colt Plus Turbo?
Anyone out there driving Mitsubishi Colt Plus Turbo?
2024 Mitsubishi Colt Teased For June 8 Debut, Already Looks Familiar
2024 Mitsubishi Colt Teased For June 8 Debut, Already Looks Familiar
Different version of 3M Clay Bar
Different version of 3M Clay Bar
Need Advice on Mit Colt Plus
Need Advice on Mit Colt Plus
Mitsubishi Colt Turbo Ralliart
Mitsubishi Colt Turbo Ralliart
Which version of 倚天
Which version of 倚天
Subaru S204 sti version 9 limited edition show piece car
Subaru S204 sti version 9 limited edition show piece car