$3 Car Wash

Vit4wd

Funny...I remember I also kena "con" into buying a stack of coupons for car washing also at a Chevron station at Upper Thomson last year. But I managed to use about 5 coupons the car wash was gone! No idea where it went to.

If Chevron is so concern about fair play...then they shouldn't allow this to happen in the first place. Overall...I think customers can gain if everyone can ensure fair play with open competition. The station too will gain from having more customers too.

Correct me if I am wrong.

you should have asked the caltex staff, and I wonder why you didn't.

they still have a branch opposite ngee soon camp.

so long already, not sure whether u still can use your coupon there, but no harm trying.

Neutral Newbie

No...not only me, have this problem with the operator. Saw it in the newspaper...then later again in newspaper that they have shifted operation but it was far from my place so just not worth the trouble to go there to wash the car anymore.

Neutral Newbie

Still felt they were not honest to keep pushing to sell the coupons when they knew that they have to stop operation at the old place at Upper Thomson...just not right becoz like myself, I will not go to their next stn just to wash the car. Not worth the distance.

Neutral Newbie

Ngee Soon Camp station quite slow if long queue, sometimes may take about 30 mins to complete the wash

Neutral Newbie

Thanks bro! for the info. This is another reason I hate...to Q long long. Won't mind if just 15 mins max....becoz it is also a hazard to other road users. With 30 mins "Q"...

believed the "Q" formed onto the road blocking traffic.

Hi there,

Why every operator always say the other one spoil the market.If all charge the same price.Then there is no point to run around for cheaper car wash. Since all the car wash services are about the same. Always left a lot of water for me to clear up when u even pay up to $6 [rifle]

HI there,

Yes u are right. I used to have my car wash at SPC toa payoh but stop. They never wash the car properly.Just go thru motion & then can continue with another car. Never us strength at all & the sponge never change.Wash the car body & also the tire rings.Some more price went up from $3 to $6.

I choose to wah it myself . So much cleaner & better. Just treat it as an exercie. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Really depends ur needs, for me, time more important, rather spend time with family & friends or sleep.

Neutral Newbie

I agree - think of it this way - nobody will care for your baby the way you will care for the baby.

same thing with a car, if they make it shine to a high gloss or just pour dirty water over it, they still earning their $3.

I love washing my own car cos it's a definitive sense of self-satisfaction.

$3 for my own work integrity?? no thanks.

the best car wash so far is the $6 snow wash at caltex queensway, the one opposite ikea. they meticulously clean ur rims and the guys really gif ur car a good wash down. they also carefully use the jet spray to remove any dirt or bird droppings on ur car and also residual foam.

Yes you are right. Same thing at all petrol stations' car wash. Just had my car washed at Mobil Station at Lorong Chuan (S'goon Gardens) yesterday because of some bird droppings on the driver's window. The droppings had hardened over night.

After the car wash, went home and noticed in the brighter environment that the droppings were still there though reduced! $6 went into the drain.

↡ Advertisement