Leukemia Treatment Advise

Ah_liang

My mother-in-law had leukemia diagnosed about 3 months back.

She had seek treatment in KL best medical facility and unfortunately after the first chemo, if I have spell it correctly, the doctor says the results was not satisfactory and recommend no further treatment be administed due to old age and weak health.

The family now wants to bring her to Singapore for treatment as they do not want to give up hope yet.

Which hospital is better with dealing this type of cancer, or have a better record of successful cases, if anyone knows pls let me know?

Since she is a foreigner, is it better for her to be admin into a private hospital than a government hospital as the family is financial not too well off.

Thks in advance for whatever advises that comes in.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Since your mother in law is a foreigner, she will not receive any subsidy even in a govt hospital. So why not try a pte hospital instead. It is less crowded and she will receive better care too.

Edited by Vit4wd

Turbocharged

I think (not sure) a bone marrow transplant will help in battling leukemia. My uni friend got it in his first year and received a transplant from his sister. I do not know if he survived it because he came back to studies after the transplant but disappeared (perhaps dropped out or went overseas) after some time.

We did not keep in touch since.

My brother-in-law got cancer too and in NUH he seek treatment. The family kind of like piss off with their speed of administering treatment and they couldn't diagnose it until pretty late.

My choice would slim down to either SGH or Mount E.

I think SGH would be better equip but prefer Mount E as it will be less crowded.

my bro is with um hospital. he came here for a forum for cancer early this year and found that docs here mark up medicine cost 2-3x higher than my. what sg have, my also have. all those latest med, hocus pocus are crap. sg docs are blood suckers. in my, stay with govt hospital cos some private hospital in malaysia also suck blood.

try cheras hospital cancer clinic/ward [sly]

I'm sorry to hear about her condition.

I would say that you should still go to a Govt hospital. Although your MIL is a foreigner, the overall fees should still be lower than that of a private one...

↡ Advertisement