Squeeze Balls

Chowyunfatt

I currently own a car that is still under the Agent's Warranty.

I personally feel that the Agent is charging a really high price for normal servicing, I think that they are giving out the 3 years warranty so they can suck your blood dry. I feel like they are squeezing my balls by saying that the warranty will be voided if you do this or that.

Now my question is this, if I do my servicing outside before the warranty ends, will it affect my car resale value when I sell it after the warranty period?

Do used car dealers also look at the service records even if I sell the car after the warranty period?

Anyone with experience on this issue? Used car dealers?

↡ Advertisement

Nope, unless u sell open market and get a ngeow person who's very particular abt this.

Dealer dont care wat record [laugh]

Just paper value,got sport rims,radio can oredi [laugh]

I guess your car is from C & *. Yes they charge very high on servicing. I went to outside workshops after their so call 2 free labour servicing. (free labour but they charge the lousy Shell EO for $90++)

Just go to outside workshops to do the servicing. Why make them [knife] you.

thats exactly what I mean...wah lau eh...pay so much nvm...still kena wait until so long & must book somemore KNN...I go outside smelly smelly also wait for only 1hr for normal servicing...

But my concern is also that now a days...these mordern cars come with all these computer dunno what...so they hook this up and that...outside maybe dun have all this...they might not be able to detect certain faults...

P.S. Its not C&@...its L....

P.S. I'm not Ngeow...I just don't wanna kena chop... [knife]

Today just went for my 1st servicing at my PI authorise work at sin ming.

Cost me only $76 with so call mobil semi-syn oil change+filter change.

2pm reach 3pm collect car..wow fast.Surprisingly,they are quite well equip.Occupy about 3 unit at the 1st flr.with aircon waiting lounge too and internet boardband [nod]

Didnt expect the PI authorise wrkshop are that good [thumbsup]

do ur own calculation, if u clock high millage everyday, and have to go back to the AD for servicing, how much does it cost for the 3 yrs period... after adding the total cost, ask urself, what is the most expansive parts that u need to repair if ur car breakdown... then u will realise that breaking the waranty clause is much worth it...

First do your sums. Are you planning to sell soon ? This warranty thing is just like insurance, many just dont get to claim.

Suah suah if have some manufacturing defect & your warranty void, cant claim.

Peace Bro [angel]

I guess your car is from C & *. Yes they charge very high on servicing. I went to outside workshops after their so call 2 free labour servicing. (free labour but they charge the lousy Shell EO for $90++)

Just go to outside workshops to do the servicing. Why make them [knife] you.

Actually C&* does close one eye when it comes to servicing. I've had some of my servicing done @ outside workshop ignorantly.

I told them frankly about it and the service consultant say that they will still honour my warranty as long as I don't do it too "often" [sly] Recently got them to replace my shock absorbers FOC. [thumbsup]

Depends on your car model. If ur car is say an Alfa, then warranty is important when u wanna sell cos Italian cars, well some can be lemons. If jap car I think ppl dont worry abt warranty unless there r known problem cars. I heard like Cefiro have lots more problems than Sunny hence u will notice Cefiro price drop like stone after warranty period.

bro, all servicing at ADs are always gonna b higher than outside....how to compare right? one has to invest in diagnostic tools, keep spare parts, hire trained staff..the other mayb 1-2 helpers, a motorised car lift... sly.gif

my car is with c&c...bt i hv alr kissed the warranty goodbye....after my 2nd servicing, my bonnet was full of swirl marks from their car wash and its the waiting time tat is most inconvenient for me. now i jus take the savings that i make from every servicing outside to form a standby fund for any repairs later haha laugh.gif

im much happier like that flowerface.gif

↡ Advertisement