SMRT wins international award for "Best Passenger Experience"

Corgan

Neutral Newbie

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../340087/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Transport operator SMRT has clinched the "Best Passenger Experience" award at the inaugural Metro Awards 2008 in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Metro Awards is part of MetroRail, an annual conference of the urban rail industry worldwide which met from 1 to 3 April this year.

Other finalists of the "Best Passenger Experience" award included Copenhagen Metro, MTR Corporation Limited (Hong Kong) and The Warsaw Metro Ltd.

They were judged on factors such as value for money, efficiency and reliability, as well as cleanliness and security.

SMRT said the international award for service excellence came shortly after it won the "Most Customer-Friendly Transport" award, presented by Singapore's Land Transport Authority.

- CNA/so

[hur]

↡ Advertisement

Just want to trick 3 year old kids.

Recently, the air-con in the trains are either not working or the temperature have been set to higher level to cut-costs. They must have won for being the most cost efficient train service. Not only the fares upped but also the temperature in the train cabins.

KraCCCKKK PUI!

Neutral Newbie

u guys ever notice the black small stains that runs along the aircon vents? FYI, those are molds and bacteria colonies festering on the moistures, sweats and dunno what else and which easily release their spores into the air and into our lungs....

Turbocharged

aiyah.. u guys not gone through audit or visitor visit meh.. sure put up the best show when the judges visited the trains..

i dun think they would have seen the situation during normal peak hours..best passenger experience? [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

I really wonder how they won. The competition must be terok terok for SMRT to win. [gossip]

Neutral Newbie

is SMRT still using those old carriages? I remember that water will "leak" from those vents during cold weather because of condensation.

Turbocharged
aiyah.. u guys not gone through audit or visitor visit meh.. sure put up the best show when the judges visited the trains..

i dun think they would have seen the situation during normal peak hours..best passenger experience? [laugh]

i beg to differ... maybe those judges was at jurong east mrt during peak hour and they were googling many backsides without being caught and not a single lady shouted or bother to even check their hands, that's how they gauge who win the---> best passenger experience... [laugh]

Walao! dunno what webby is that no information at all.the address is at a hotel? very cheap looking somemore. and kelong... best metro is Copenhagen Metro.

Neutral Newbie

Such a small country.... they (SMRT) had it easy for them man! THough I've always thought france and some other european countries do pretty well...I wonder what was the judging criteria...THe Gov has made it so hard for us or anyone to go against the system that I guess everyone else out of singapore would think SMRT is the best. Like during elections when they divide districts according to their favour... [laugh]

It is either ppl 'falling' into the MRT track not considered a safety or there are many more ppl who fell in other countries. [laugh]

And to think we are going to install lightings on the MRT signboard to illustrate which stop we are in simply makes me wonder who are in the judge panel. My experience in the MTR in HK has definitely been much better than our MRT so how did we win.....