Drive in flood

Tay107

Neutral Newbie

the worst for me was that time the water almost reach the bonnet. sob!! my car was very low civic EG.. poor thing have to 1st gear rev all the way. lucky nothing happen after that.. [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie
so heavy rain and flood everywhere at still road , ubi area 12pm this afternoon

will u drive when water level is 1/2 tyre high or higher.

any problem?? will water get into car, engine stop, body get rusty ....

half tyre ok lah. be careful of your horn if it is situated low. will certainly spoil if water goes in. small matter but can save you a few bucks to replace it.

CAI? very very simple. stop and wait, or pop bonnet and disconnect the CAI/open the filter box, disconnect the air hose from TB, whatever..

can connect back in MSCP after passing thru the flood [;)]

For auto cars, just make sure you lock your gear in 1st or 2nd gear to maintain high RPM when driving through flood if its about 1/2 tyre high. Car body should not have any problems.

Turbocharged
nothing will happen, unless your engine very low. just remember to have enough throttle so that water cant get into the exhaust pipe.

Just to confirm, so when you're driving through floodwater you recommend to step more on the accelerator? As in like speedboat cut through the waves?

My observation is people tend to slow down quite a lot when driving through flood. [confused]

confirm u have to maintain the throttle. once u ease off, confirm bye bye. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

to maintain the speed, u can switch to low gear or have both foot on brake + accelerator

Neutral Newbie

Cold air intake. Its a long metal pipe connected to the engine. The other end of it is usually close to the bumper of the car. It boosts engine performance. How much... depends on the car.