Crazy causeway traffic!

Marvelicious

Gosh, 1:08am on a sat morning. Felt boliao went to onemotoring to check out the traffic. The expressway going into the Woodlands Checkpoint is still jammed!

I really dun understand why... Can anyone explain why?

[hur]

↡ Advertisement

wah lau..1st day drive car or in singapore.

U go check..3am will still be jammed..be even worse.

The more fuel cost increase here..the worse the jam will be.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

this is very normal...

the jam will be there until 3-4am for normal car, then lorry will come to jam from 4-5am, every car got to q-up for 2hour or more...

weekend mah! some go in to top up fuel, some go up kl or genting...

then jam on the way back on sun... every car q-up for 3 hour or more...

even weekday i go in top up fuel at 1-3am also got to q-up for 1-2 hour!

Edited by Jeffang

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

a lot of car go top up fuel like me...

everytime i go also like that...

normall 1 hour can liao... but sometime they may close the counter then suay lor... got to wait longer time...

Edited by Jeffang

Recently then have this situation. They only have 2 lanes operational for outgoing and 3 lanes operational for incoming during that time thats why the jam is there. Now everyday morning abt 9-12pm also have slight jam. [sweatdrop]

I really dun understand why... Can anyone explain why? [hur]

every car that crosses the causeway means increase in revenue in M'sia and lost in revenue in SGP. Petrol, Groceries, Restaurants and so on...translate that into fuel taxes, GST and so on.

It is no wonder why they are making it as difficult as possible make those trips. [shakehead]

Sometime i wonder how much can one save from the 1/4 tank of JB fuel? Include the hours of jam to and fro, time wasted, fuel burn on the jam etc, more or less the money save from pumping in JB all gone liao. Maybe my calculation is wrong or what, i still see ppl rush inside to pump. Unless all do the illegal fuel needle thingy [lipsrsealed]

Turbocharged

i go in and out of JB everyday...

no choice, to work... of cos pump petrol is a bonus [blush]

any waiting at the causeway of not more than 40min, i consider not a jam liao [sly]

let say you jam 2 hours to pump cheap petrol , during the jam you burn 2 to 4 litre and cause your car to over heat and work due to being station in one location for too long,

not to mention your time and being piss for stuck in a jam , plus when you resale it be lower due to high milage is it worth it?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

If you go in often enough, you will notice that most of the time the jam is on the Singapore side only, both outgoing and incomming jam. Malaysia side can drive straight to the immigration counter very often or around <3 cars in the queue only. So dun always think that Singapore is the faster side.

Edited by Patcheon

This is exactly my thoughts. Why people can bother to spend time 2 hrs middle of the nite, burn petrol waiting & use petrol going there & back. Unless do needles lor but then if kena caught really bo hua cos the car will be impounded etc. $60,000 car vs saving $50 per tank? [hur]

Soon we will hear of people taking leave to pump petrol [laugh] .

Neutral Newbie

my old car also fix the needles, but this new car is under warranty so i never fix it yet...

i saw someone here been caught with modify fuel (in one of the old thread here..

fine $10000 for that...

but i can tell u that more then 50% of car go into malaysia also got fix with that... but please!!! please do not tell your friends! or even your wife!!

just install the fuel needle and forget about it!!! dun show off to your friends!

sometime wife will tell her friends also... so never tell anyone that your car did it!

is hard for them to check... unless someone report your car number...

↡ Advertisement