Steering Wheel Woes

Darkblue

Hi bros,

Have been having this steering wheel problem since few months ago, decided to fix it since its getting kinda irritating.

Problem is when cruising straight on the expressway, the steering wheel position is at 11 o'clock. I do not have any bosskit installed, my steering wheel is stock. It happened after I done my alignment.

hands_steering_wheel.jpg

I don't think its tram-lining because the tyres is new when I done my alignment.

I called one workshop to enquire, mech told me to let go the straight wheel see if the car will veer to the left/right. Car tracks perfectly straight...

Can I conclude that alignment is ok, problem is the steering wheel position ? If yes, where can I go to adjust my steering wheel without altering the alignment ?

Thanks alot for your time

Cheers ! [:)]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

It is because the alignment was done when the steering wheel was at 11 o'clock! ( I experienced it before)

Go and do the alignment again with the steering wheel locked at 12 o'clock!

Edited by Fitvip

Neutral Newbie

Bro go and have your steering wheel centralised by adjusting the p/s tie rod. You will need to adjust the LHS tie rod shorter by 15 mins of the clock and lengthen the RHS tie rod by 15 mins. If you dun understand what I mean just inform your mech I think they will understand. [:)]

Thanks all bros for feedback

Bro Kawarides, any idea why in the 1st place the workshop change the tie rod during alignment (from normal -> 11 o'clock) ?

is it the workshop lazy just do alignment then collect $$ ?

Neutral Newbie

Bro sometimes after wheel aligment the steering will not be in center position.

1) Ask your workshop to centerised your steering wheel

2) Request them to perform a side slip test or even a wheel alignment test again to

further confirm your alighment is not affected by the adjustment.

3) Finally confirmed by going for a roadtest.

As your question I have no answer, all depends on your workshop quality control

Most likely is carelessness. This is an easy task,surely your workshop can do it.

The P/S tie rod is use to adjust and centralised your steering wheel , additional

adjustment is for your Toe-In & Toe-Out for your wheels in order to pass the yearly

Inspection.This part is not replace unless you had an accident.

Hope that might clear your doubt [:)]

i ever kena accident before lor.. then the fixing pin for the steering pinion dislodge fr firewall. steering go saynak... tongue.gif

But really sian...

I really pek chek with the road conditions esp building new MRT areas, you know those roads with metal plates ?

Due to the high uneven-ness when I see cars including mine go pass, will have "CLUNK !" sound, I am thinking everyday I drive pass sure alignment & suspension go [dizzy][dizzy]

Neutral Newbie

Thats the way how our "garment" encouraged us to change our ride.Then we would have 1st class public transport & "new" cars on the road with "new" IU model to beep away our money to them at a faster rate [laugh]

↡ Advertisement