1 Carat Diamond Ring..

Poper

Hi bro/sis,

Wanna get some feedback on the price of high grade 1 carat diamond ring. I saw some at SK Jewel today and the IGI specs and prices are:

$99++ : Colorless Grade (grade D-F), White gold ring, Clarity (VS1 or VS2)

$75++ : 2nd Colorless Grade ( G-J), White gold ring, Clarity (VS1 or VS2)

http://www.igiworldwide.com/en/4cs_color.htm

Any other good jewel shops to consider? (beside the top notch Tiffany [jawdrop] )

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Price quoted quite okay. You can tell them your expectation and price range, they will do a scan for u and call you back if they find one tt meets ur expectation.

SK already quite cheap.

Go for a good colour, D-F, Cut - very good, clarity not so important, SI also okay cause u can only see imperfrction using scope. You can see the cert for the cut and polish, very important as it determines the reflection of light and the size of the table.

Price for what u saw is not bad. Can go Taka jewellery at the somerset area, saw tt they have 60% off GIA diamonds. Try to get GIA cert as they are strict in their certification.

Do a search on google and you can understand the diamond more before buying.

It is an expensive experience. [sweatdrop]

Bought one for my engagement...Price drop alot recently..

PS do not bring wife to see the ideal cut diamond like brilliant rose.. $22k for 1 carat..... [hur] The sparkle [cool]

Thanks for the advice, bro!

You sounded experience [shocked] Deep pocket or "high-taste" wife? [laugh]

IGI is not as good as the other commercially sold diamonds. try GIA or others will be better. IGI are cheaper for sure. btw SK and sookee are same boss.

if u can afford it, go for ags or gia certification. they are more stringent compared to IGI, etc.

ags has grade 0, which is specially reserved for what they call triple A aka perfect cut, where you can see the hearts and arrows (read lee hwa).

retails normally peg their diamonds at 50-100% premium to rappaport. i sourced through retails but found that they are not worth it.

if u keen, i got 2 places that i finally narrowed down and bought a 1.108c from one of them becos wife likes this piece compared to the other shop. best part is the price is at rappaport price, no premium.

if u like self study, go to www.goodoldgold.com or www.proposalring.com

retails normally peg their diamonds at 50-100% premium to rappaport. i sourced through retails but found that they are not worth it.

if u keen, i got 2 places that i finally narrowed down and bought a 1.108c from one of them becos wife likes this piece compared to the other shop. best part is the price is at rappaport price, no premium.

if u like self study, go to www.goodoldgold.com or www.proposalring.com

Thanks for the info, bro! But where/what is "rappaport"?? is it a shop? org? web-site?

And how do I know if the GIA or AGS cert is authentic?

rappaport is a report on the highest prices for various cuts of diamond traded in diamond exchange. it is issued weekly. shops will have them but will not give you a copy.

It could be cheaper if you buy the diamond itself and get it set.

whiteflash.com

P.S. Human-made diamond are perfect tongue.gif

Diamond Industries will be the best place, in my view to purchase one with assurance, certificates and all, if you are looking at one in Singapore. The other, which i did was one for my wife in S. Africa.

Assuming that you have a huge budget, concentrate on the marriage and not the wedding would be an advise. smile.gif

Neutral Newbie
Hi bro/sis,

Wanna get some feedback on the price of high grade 1 carat diamond ring. I saw some at SK Jewel today and the IGI specs and prices are:

$99++ : Colorless Grade (grade D-F), White gold ring, Clarity (VS1 or VS2)

$75++ : 2nd Colorless Grade ( G-J), White gold ring, Clarity (VS1 or VS2)

http://www.igiworldwide.com/en/4cs_color.htm

Any other good jewel shops to consider? (beside the top notch Tiffany [jawdrop] )

Can try this place in Wisma called Clarity? I heard that they have good diamons at quite affordable prices. This was what I was told. Must make appt one so I didn't bother to go.

Any way, S$75++ would be a good deal for diamonds. Must also check on the clarity or whether the diamond has clouds or natural indentations. These are all reflected on the diamond certificate. Check on the cross section.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I got mine from eClarity. Is at Shaw Centre not Wisma.

Link as follows: http://www.eclarity.com.sg/

Need to call/sms for appointment booking. The lady is Amanda if I remember correctly, good customer service. [thumbsup]

After scouting for many shops, this shop I feel is the best in terms of diamond offered and price, which are more competitive than the rest. The diamonds are all GIA certified.

I was on a budget and so I get a diamond rating of 0.4 carat, F color, very good cut grade and VS2 at less than $1.8K.

No doubts appointment is needed and some feels troublesome. But good and affordable stuffs don't come so easily, unless you are really loaded. Keke

See for yourself to decide.

[:)]

Edited by Hao80

I got mine from eClarity. Is at Shaw Centre not Wisma.

Link as follows: http://www.eclarity.com.sg/

Need to call/sms for appointment booking. The lady is Amanda if I remember correctly, good customer service. [thumbsup]

After scouting for many shops, this shop I feel is the best in terms of diamond offered and price, which are more competitive than the rest. The diamonds are all GIA certified.

I was on a budget and so I get a diamond rating of 0.4 carat, F color, very good cut grade and VS2 at less than $1.8K.

No doubts appointment is needed and some feels troublesome. But good and affordable stuffs don't come so easily, unless you are really loaded. Keke

See for yourself to decide.

[:)]

I just went to have a look at their diamond bracelets on the website.

The prices dont seem that good compared to what I was offered elsewhere.

I suppose the prices are not fixed and may be negotiated during the viewing?