Jump to content

Rules Against Drunk Drivers


Robert
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sorry to hear that, bro... RIP to your friend and my deepest condolonce to his family.

these drivers shld be charge w offence = manslaughter.

 

rip my friend.

 

 

 

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Must do like US. Let the family members see the driver who killed the person.

 

My method will be to surrender all the nice beautiful lively photos of the person when he was alive to the driver. Tell him that this is to show the drunk driver the beautiful life that is taken. Now the photos mean nothing to you but will be passed to him as a reminder. Tell the drunk driver to keep them so that he does not forget while you have forgiven.

Link to post
Share on other sites

most of my farking friends all drink drver. no matter how i advise them, they neber listen.

 

Then they must kill someone to listen. Some people do not learn until they have done something they don't intend to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

Just got back from the wake - very pitiful scene.

 

The boy was so young (just 20 years old), that tomorrow's funeral his parents, grandparents and elder brother cannot send him off. They were trying to get as many friends as possible to take the place of family,

Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry to hear that. this kind of drink driver should be [knife] !

 

IMO, this type of drivers are professional driver, as they drive prime mover for a living.

 

They conveniently use the vehicle as the weapon, driving around without proper judgement.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My friend was involved in an accident (at Yishun) with a drunk driver, driving a prime mover last Sunday night (21 Dec 08). He was in a coma since, and passed away yesterday. [bigcry]

 

He was only 20 years old. Rides a bike.

 

What kind of laws does Singapore have against the driver in such cases?

 

my condolence. I believe my mum knows his mum.

Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, this type of drivers are professional driver, as they drive prime mover for a living.

 

They conveniently use the vehicle as the weapon, driving around without proper judgement.

 

Go to taus during office hour, and you can see many big class 5 licence trucks and container tow head driving like they are performing a Taus Superlap...occupying all 3 lanes is not an uncommon scene. :mellow:

Edited by Barramundi
Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to taus during office hour, and you can see many big class 5 licence trucks and container tow head driving like they are performing a Taus Superlap...occupying all 3 lanes is not an uncommon scene. :mellow:

 

 

they ought to be gunshot

Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to taus during office hour, and you can see many big class 5 licence trucks and container tow head driving like they are performing a Taus Superlap...occupying all 3 lanes is not an uncommon scene. :mellow:

 

If you can give me the street names (since I don't usually go anywhere near Tuas), I'll be happy to forward it to TP :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad Singapore govt does not feel that drunk driving is serious enough to warrant stiff jail sentences.

 

Current punishments are just a slap on the wrists of the offenders. Now they just go thru the motions of road blocks, breathalyser tests etc then pay fines.

 

It is only when a ministers son gets mowed down by a first time drunk driver will the laws change. [hur]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear that...

RIP...

I used to go Tuas South quite often few years back, and knew how the drivers there behaved. Yes, they thought they were the kings/queens of the road, driving big/heavy/out of shape vehicles, and disregards other road users.

 

And becos of them, the road become unworthy, so many potholes.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still can't get over it ...... very fast

 

Last night doctor declared brain dead, this morning parents pull plug. Tomorrow funeral liao.

 

Haiz........

hmm, must pull plug? maybe should hold on for a while? perhaps there might be a miracle?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dun understand why still got many pple dare to flout rules as the TP is getting very strict on this nowadays...the other day I was tested..din drink anything at all...and they are everywhere..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to share with you guys, I was at several gatherings with friends the last few days. And commonly drinks were served. Many of my friends were drivers too, but they all seem to take a heck care attitude towards drinking and then later driving. Fact that most of them are supposedly seasoned drinkers seem to re-inforced the idea that nothing bad will happen to them.

 

It's one thing to get caught by road blocks and later get fined and suspended from driving. But it's really another thing to be involved in accidents because of drink driving.

 

It's really hard for me to be the wet blanket in such settings and tell them off, although I do maintain a very strict no drinking policy as I'm driving. But I shutter to think how many of such gatherings are held especially during the festive season, and how many dirvers out there are not 100% sober.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to share with you guys, I was at several gatherings with friends the last few days. And commonly drinks were served. Many of my friends were drivers too, but they all seem to take a heck care attitude towards drinking and then later driving.

 

That's the thing I find strange..most people seem not worried abt losing their licence and stuff like tat..its something which you rather not risk cos most should feel they cannot afford to get caught even if the probability of getting caught is low...I believe most people can't bear the agony of not being allowed to drive for 1 yr or more...I have been very careful in recent yrs...if I know I might be just having like 1 drink at most, I would probably still drive..but if I know there is a chance I might drink more due to special occasions, I really would rather not take the risk.. :huh:

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...