Any one know what the average salary working in Saudi Arabia

Destiny03

Hey,

I worked in Saudi Arabia for almost 2 years. Was a fresh grad and drew about 100kSGD a year. This is exclusive of housing, car & telephone allowances.

Basically what I needed to pay was just to feed myself and send money home.

I don't know what options the company is giving you. But if you are paid in Saudi Arabia, it is TAX free. Of course this means you have to get your Iqama done... Iqama = Work permit. So what is the company's plan?

And it is going to be difficult for your wife to visit you in Saudi Arabia. It isn't impossible but it is just difficult. Yah, you can PM me if you want to know how working conditions there is like. Would be glad to share.

question: what do u do there in weekend and free time?

↡ Advertisement

Malekom Salem.

I got the job through the newspaper. It was really time and chance. My company was actually looking for someone to fill a spot locally but somehow the topic of SA came up during the interview and being young & much much naive, I readily said, "Ok! I'll do it.", without asking how much I'll be paid.

But I also did remember my university asking graduates if they were keen for not just this overseas stint but others as well.

I recall there was another job that I was interviewed for. The job required the person to be stationed in UAE for 2 years. And it wasn't cities like Abu Dhabi or Dubai. The company had difficulty finding a person to fill the spot. It was 6 months empty.

There is available work in SA if you really go look.

---

I didn't stay in the city area. I stayed in a small town 150km away from the city. Traveling time to the city and back home takes a total of about 3 plus hours.

The work hours in the middle east is that Thursday and Friday is the weekend. But I would work Thursday as well since there is nothing much to do at home anyway.

---

Sometimes on a Friday, if I don't feel lazy or tired, I'd drive to the city for a good steak at Applebees, have some coffee at Starbucks and shop at a big supermarket like Carrefour.

When you are born in a city like Singapore, you really tend to take the common modern luxuries for granted.

And when I say drive, it really means my driver drives. So if you don't stay in the city, its best you to have a driver. The driving is a pain.

On the days that I don't travel out to the city. Fridays are spent cooking, watching TV and sipping turkish coffee with some friends. Its a very very simple life.

---

Those who say you would take the job without consideration, its easier said then done. When the choice is placed before you, you can't just think about the money unless you have zero attachments at home. Sometimes it is not just about the money.

Oh, but by the way. There are some fun things that can be done if really routine life bores.

Can go fishing or swimming by the Red Sea, dive in the Red Sea, play golf in the desert. And I know there is the equivalent of Petra somewhere in the deserts of SA. I didn't go there though.

Neutral Newbie

not really safe....

Why? Even female tourist also need to cover all up in these 2places?

I can forseen that language will be a major problem..

Doha is Qatar and Dubai is in UAE.

Ladies do not have to cover up there. Just don't dress too overly skimpy.

Its easier to move around in Qatar and UAE because there is much lesser restrictions for women.

But my personal opinion is that when a lady travels alone, it always carry a certain risk regardless of any country she is going to.

This is my opinion. So its really up to you.

Neutral Newbie

Doha is Qatar and Dubai is in UAE.

Ladies do not have to cover up there. Just don't dress too overly skimpy.

Its easier to move around in Qatar and UAE because there is much lesser restrictions for women.

But my personal opinion is that when a lady travels alone, it always carry a certain risk regardless of any country she is going to.

This is my opinion. So its really up to you.

Will be going Doha offshore in few months time, if nothing cope up again.. hope to drop by Dubai for few days of holiday after work..

I can understand the concern of lady travelling alone in any part of the world.. will be extra carefully.. thanks [;)]

My take is, anyone who had stayed here in Singapore where opportunities are more available for foreigners than the locals... are good for anywhere else in the world... given that the pay would be higher compared here. :)

some love rear ending female...so what u think?

I thought I saw rear-ending CAMEL.... [gorgeous]

• Praise 1

(edited)

If you are indian lady that look a bit arab, and when you're visiting these countries like UAE... instanbul... try no to ask the locals where is the mosque and stuff.

I had a singaporean lady friend who looked a bit arab went sight seeing in instanbul and didn't know which is the famous mosque, and when she asked the local, she will F-ed big time. Scolded by the local "You stupid arab woman"...

[shakehead]

Edited by Ethene

(edited)

If men and women are so segregated in SA, how do they get to know members of the opposite sex for pak tor??? [confused][confused]

I suddenly have this strange thought that the female list in a SA's Facebook account is nothing but a long list of ninja photos.

Edited by Ahtong

Well, marriage is arranged.

So, so much for pak tor.

I do know some of the local guys use bluetooth to 'throw' their numbers to the ladies or slip papers with their numbers on it.

I don't know if I can post links here but just google "Love on Girls

Neutral Newbie

< 100k

assuming 90k

this should come up to 7.5k monthly

isnt it ?

is it worth it?

not worth. [shakehead]

my ex-colleagues, went to middle east, getting USD12k per month with package like house for family, chauffer to drive him to work and a chef for the meals.

another one having USD16k per month with only house for family and meals. the thing they complaining is damn hot hot hot hot weather.

btw, they not engineers in petroleum industries but for project.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Acerli if u look closely quite enticing

[/quote

Acerli if you took their national flight. you notice they are enticing and modern.... why, coz when they board the flight and the plane took off, off their black 'suit'.... [gorgeous]

Edited by Law_ong

Any one know?

how much is the market rate for monetary per month to be justifiable for a engineer working in SA?

Can you take the weather there? Its much hotter than Singapore!

Neutral Newbie

If you are indian lady that look a bit arab, and when you're visiting these countries like UAE... instanbul... try no to ask the locals where is the mosque and stuff.

I had a singaporean lady friend who looked a bit arab went sight seeing in instanbul and didn't know which is the famous mosque, and when she asked the local, she will F-ed big time. Scolded by the local "You stupid arab woman"...

[shakehead]

Oh will take note.. anyway, i'm not in anyway look like abit arab.. maybe they will think i am jap..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1