Jump to content

Massive jam at PIE?? What happened?


Silklee
 Share

Recommended Posts

On the way home today at about 9plus pm and heard on the radio that this guy, who was in a taxi, is already stuck in a massive jam for more than 2 hours on PIE towards Changi. Taxi fare at that point in time is already $50+...!

 

Anyone knows what happened?? 2 hours is quite amazing in a Singapore context....!

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

I went in from Bukit Batok Road towards Changi, and then was almost immediately stuck in the jam. Cars were moving at most cms after some stopping. Should have followed some of the vehicles to exit at Toh Guan, but didn't do so. Bad mistake.

 

 

Heard from radio that there was an accident and to avoid Lane 2 and 3. Initially wanted to endure all the way, but when I wanted to cut into Lane 1 which seemed like it was moving a few cms faster than Lane 2, a white Civic accelerated quickly to prevent me from cutting in when I was almost 1/3 in. Boh bian, was already blocking a motorcycle and he was revving his engine to make it known I was blocking him, so I guai guai went back to Lane 2. When I saw the Bukit Batok East Ave 3 exit, I moved off to Lane 3 and went off. And it was half hour then I managed to exit at Bukit Batok East Ave 3!! [sweatdrop]

 

So I took the longer-route-yet-shorter-time way to the east. All thanks to the Civic who prevented me from going in. I'm sure you were still happily jammed at that portion when I went back into the PIE at Adam Road, which incidently, was very clear. [lipsrsealed]

 

Funny how such little things can make such a huge difference. [thumbsup]

 

Anyway, I'll stop gloating.

 

So what was the accident about? When was coming home from Changi, I saw PIE towards Changi all the way was clear. After Chantek flyover, when we came down from the slope after Bukit Timah exit, there was the jam still!! [sweatdrop]

 

So my guess is that the accident was in between Bukit Timah exit and BKE exit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

fatal accident involving bikes few hundred meters before the BKE exit on PIE..

 

they seal off the side, 3rd and middle lane..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heading home from the West on PIE, saw the EMAS sign - <massive jam after JT Hall till BKE>...decided to take a longer route to detour the accident site...took exit to KJE -> BKE -> PIE (Changi). Reached home only 5 mins later than my usual time.. beats getting stuck for 2 hrs in the jam.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Heading home from the West on PIE, saw the EMAS sign - <massive jam after JT Hall till BKE>...decided to take a longer route to detour the accident site...took exit to KJE -> BKE -> PIE (Changi). Reached home only 5 mins later than my usual time.. beats getting stuck for 2 hrs in the jam.

 

I thought it would be at Stevens Road or Lornie, so wanted to try my luck. Or at least exit at BKE to go to the East by SLE-TPE. But less than 100m my car was stuck in the jam. Damn sianz. 30 minutes to get out at the 2nd exit! [shakehead]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

yes...fatal accident....didn't see any bike...probably crane up by the lorry crane liao...

 

saw the blue canvas....*sigh* someone son , daughter, wife, parent gonna recieve sad sad phone call tonight

 

I was entering PIE via the bukit timah entry...so effectively not that bad....

 

RIP.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes...fatal accident....didn't see any bike...probably crane up by the lorry crane liao...

 

saw the blue canvas....*sigh* someone son , daughter, wife, parent gonna recieve sad sad phone call tonight

 

I was entering PIE via the bukit timah entry...so effectively not that bad....

 

RIP.....

 

 

they shd have seal off bt timah entry to cut off some traffic..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Neutral Newbie

agree...coz that entry pt is close to the accident spot...and the cutting and merging is horrible....plus the slow down to cc rr as usual...

Link to post
Share on other sites

If i recall correctly, there's a lorry parking by the side of the expressway and a taxi on lane 2.. the TP's car is blocking the view from on-coming vehicles..

 

already have white plastic covering whatever that we shdn't see..

Link to post
Share on other sites

If i recall correctly, there's a lorry parking by the side of the expressway and a taxi on lane 2.. the TP's car is blocking the view from on-coming vehicles..

 

already have white plastic covering whatever that we shdn't see..

 

 

you are right. i saw a lorry at the extreme left lane. a fallen biken in front of the taxi. a blue tentage was covering the biker's body.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If i recall correctly, there's a lorry parking by the side of the expressway and a taxi on lane 2.. the TP's car is blocking the view from on-coming vehicles..

 

already have white plastic covering whatever that we shdn't see..

i got stuck for more than 2hr!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

i got stuck for more than 2hr!!!

 

 

i think hundreds of motorists got stuck around 2 hrs too. pass by the place today and TP placed a signboard calling for witnesses to contact them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...