GoodCar 4th Gear September 30, 2010 Share September 30, 2010 I just had KFC for dinner earlier. Walk the mall one round don' know what to eat. The chicken drum stick was juicy like the old day. Later on went to another shop to eat dessert. Sweet ball n potato in ginger soup. After that, order another black sesame soup. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bicolor 5th Gear September 30, 2010 Share September 30, 2010 when was that when Popeyes was using maple syrup? i started eating only abt 2 years back and they were using jam already.. I remember eating at Popeye's very frequently when they first opened at Changi Airport T2, I think that was 2000 or 2001 if I'm not wrong. They used maple syrup with the biscuits which were so much nicer back then. After leaving for HK in 2003, the last time I ate at the T3 outlet last year, they were already giving only jam and the chicken was a far cry from what I remember. Was hoping that it was just a one-off lapse of standard but from reading everything here, seems like the standard has dropped across the board. The Popeye's outlet at the HK airport gives honey for the biscuits! But the standard of the fried chicken there is nowhere near the way I remember it 8 or 9 years back. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Pittacuslore Neutral Newbie October 22, 2010 Share October 22, 2010 i like the mash potatoes at popeyes. more flavour than kfc's. the chicken is about the same, but the biscuits are nice! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zenithpool 2nd Gear October 22, 2010 Share October 22, 2010 (edited) Nothin beat KFC original, and no breast meat please. Edited October 22, 2010 by Zenithpool Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
H0ndakid Neutral Newbie November 20, 2010 Share November 20, 2010 Malaysia KFC better leh. More crispy, more tender Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rjmsfire Neutral Newbie November 20, 2010 Share November 20, 2010 Sidetrack a little... Nowadays does any youngsters still know what KFC stand for? I don't understand why the company wants to abbreviate their name, which in the original form is good as it is. Back then, I don't recall anybody finding it a mouthful to say the name. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Forte3737 5th Gear November 20, 2010 Share November 20, 2010 Sidetrack a little... Nowadays does any youngsters still know what KFC stand for? I don't understand why the company wants to abbreviate their name, which in the original form is good as it is. Back then, I don't recall anybody finding it a mouthful to say the name. the word FRIED is no good for the company? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kiadaw 6th Gear November 20, 2010 Share November 20, 2010 AFter eating heaty food, I have high chance of falling sick the next day. 2 meals in a roll, confirm, so I avoid fast food nowadays. I agree that the KFC original nicer. Less heaty too. Now I prefer it to the bigger, dryer one. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kiadaw 6th Gear November 20, 2010 Share November 20, 2010 (edited) Sidetrack a little... Nowadays does any youngsters still know what KFC stand for? I don't understand why the company wants to abbreviate their name, which in the original form is good as it is. Back then, I don't recall anybody finding it a mouthful to say the name. I seen a documentary about this guy that go all over United state to know about the country. He went to Kentucky (the state, not the restaurant) & the local guy said, everyone only know them for their fried Chicken. LOL. Edited November 20, 2010 by Kiadaw Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sabretan 4th Gear November 20, 2010 Share November 20, 2010 Kentucky Fried Chicken new Black Pepper Chicken really SPICY...at least for me...they cleared my nose. :) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Buffet Neutral Newbie November 20, 2010 Share November 20, 2010 KFC Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Astonmartin Neutral Newbie November 20, 2010 Share November 20, 2010 WaffleTown @ Balmoral plaza, their fried chicken is GOOD !! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Icedbs Turbocharged November 21, 2010 Share November 21, 2010 Tried Popeye once.....and here is my take. The chicken is no doubt tender, even for breast meat. However, the crispiness and taste is only on the outside. There is very little taste infuse into the meat. For KFC, the taste is infused into the meat. But the chicken meat can be tough, especially for breast meat. It is also a bit more oily. If you ask me, I still prefer KFC for the taste. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ahtong 1st Gear November 21, 2010 Author Share November 21, 2010 I don't understand why the company wants to abbreviate their name, which in the original form is good as it is. Back then, I don't recall anybody finding it a mouthful to say the name. Because KFC don't always stand for Kentucky Fried Chicken. Sometimes it can taste like Kentucky Fried Corpse or Kentucky Fresh Cowpat. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kiadaw 6th Gear November 21, 2010 Share November 21, 2010 Tried Arnold at City Plaza recently, I think the chicken meal quite tender. But I am staying away from heaty food nowadays. Body very weak these days. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kutushitanyanko Neutral Newbie November 21, 2010 Share November 21, 2010 Popeye FTW! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GoodCar 4th Gear November 21, 2010 Share November 21, 2010 KFC use pressure cooker to cook their chicken, other maybe cook under local atmospheric pressure, anyone can confirm? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rainman 1st Gear November 21, 2010 Share November 21, 2010 KFC use pressure cooker to cook their chicken, other maybe cook under local atmospheric pressure, anyone can confirm? I think what makes it tasty got nothing to pressurised cooker or not? It's the seasoning... KFC I only like the original's skin. ↡ Advertisement Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In NowRelated Discussions
Related Discussions
Popeye Day - 9th Jun 2019
Popeye Day - 9th Jun 2019
Chio bu sailor
Chio bu sailor