Grounding VS Voltage stabalizing

Roger78

Neutral Newbie

What are the differences between Grounding of the car and voltage stabilizing?

What are the pros and cons for both? Any real performance gain from doing these?

If I have done voltage stabilizing on the car, do i still need to go for groundings?

Thanks..

↡ Advertisement

Will adding another car battery help to stabilise the voltage fluctuations?

Grounding must be done correctly, if not it might cause EMF and backcurrent that can cause interference to the radio...worst to the ECU.

What are the differences between Grounding of the car and voltage stabilizing?

What are the pros and cons for both? Any real performance gain from doing these?

If I have done voltage stabilizing on the car, do i still need to go for groundings?

Thanks..

My personal experience with the above two has zero performance gain.

Grounding is just to allow more channels of electricity to flow within the car.

No further comments on the voltage stabilizers. Put it on and nothing happens and nothing changes. Took it out after that.

Edited by Yuan

every car shd have come with stock grounding already. Voltage stabilizers apparently increases the lifespan of your car battery. if your car has a lot of ice/lights, maybe might save 1 HP of electricity which is diverted from the engine to all your electrics. same performance effect as turning off your aircon while driving?

Lately these so called performance gadgets use different wording.

No more saying increasing power or efficiency.

They worded it like "to optimise whatever power your engine is already producing".

If it can make the car more smooth and battery last longer, I always wonder WHY the car manufacturers never want to spend just afew dollars more to install these grounding wires from the factory?

They worded it like "to optimise whatever power your engine is already producing".

If it can make the car more smooth and battery last longer, I always wonder WHY the car manufacturers never want to spend just afew dollars more to install these grounding wires from the factory?

Manufacturers of certain car makes do provide a slightly more comprehensive grounding to their manufactured cars.

Its because of $$$...... You must remember manufacturers need to cut cost to maximise profit. So they will give you the min requirement necessary.

Neutral Newbie

these 2 item r useless.....

unproper grounding will cause fire to ur car

sori...i beg to differ

Jap/Korean cars r NOT properly ground

DIY a copper grounding cable for best effect...

good Voltage stableliser + grounding good for ICE clarity...inner cabin & headlights will be brighter

these items got nothing to do wit performance thou

I used to design products.

Chasis Grounding. Got 2 theory. One is to to ground while the other is to not and form a faraday's cage. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

In simple form, when done properly, will boost performance. But done wrongly, will make things worse or cause the entire car body to radiate like an antenna!

Voltage stabaliser: Will definitely boost performance of ICE cos the source of power is cleaner.

My personal experience with the above two has zero performance gain.

Grounding is just to allow more channels of electricity to flow within the car.

No further comments on the voltage stabilizers. Put it on and nothing happens and nothing changes. Took it out after that.

===============

Ive done grounding on my previous Corona & have found benefits like smoother power delivery & a slight improvement on FC. Lights brighter, horn louder & also when turn signals r used, the speedo lights dont dim.

I recently grounded my Optra.

At 1st found smoother engine & brighter lights etc but no real FC gain.

But now after a week plus, I think the ECU has stablized & pumped petrol today & noticed a gain in FC. Today recorded >13km/lit. [shocked]

Last time getting 10-12km/lit. Closer to 11km/lit on average. I must monitor for next few full tanks to b absoutely sure there is a real improvement though.

Edited by Pisces69

sori...i beg to differ

Jap/Korean cars r NOT properly ground

DIY a copper grounding cable for best effect...

good Voltage stableliser + grounding good for ICE clarity...inner cabin & headlights will be brighter

these items got nothing to do wit performance thou

===========

Yup I use heavy duty copper wire (same as those used to wire up your HDB flat) & recently grounded my Optra & now just recorded a slight improvement in FC plus the lights, horn etc r better too.

This time I grounded 6 points.

Last time I grounded 5 points in my COE Corona & also had improvements in the electricals of the car.

I think its 1 of the cheapest improvements we can DIY for our car.

My cost is only about $15 to ground my car. Best is there is nothing to maintain or spoil later on. Just install & forget about it. [thumbsup]

Edited by Pisces69

I used to design products.

Chasis Grounding. Got 2 theory. One is to to ground while the other is to not and form a faraday's cage. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

In simple form, when done properly, will boost performance. But done wrongly, will make things worse or cause the entire car body to radiate like an antenna!

Voltage stabaliser: Will definitely boost performance of ICE cos the source of power is cleaner.

Thanks for sharing. I learn something new. [wave]

===========

Yup I use heavy duty copper wire (same as those used to wire up your HDB flat) & recently grounded my Optra & now just recorded a slight improvement in FC plus the lights, horn etc r better too.

This time I grounded 6 points.

Last time I grounded 5 points in my COE Corona & also had improvements in the electricals of the car.

I think its 1 of the cheapest improvements we can DIY for our car.

My cost is only about $15 to ground my car. Best is there is nothing to maintain or spoil later on. Just install & forget about it. [thumbsup]

I did not pay attention to mine.

Gounding really got use? It is usually connected from the engine block to the chasis right? :blink:

==============

U can ground the engine block, autobox, firewall, ECU, throttle body, alternator, lights, horn, starter motor, AC compressor etc etc etc. (The most important is the engine block as this gives u a stronger spark at the plugs).

Just run wire back to the (-) terminal of the battery.

I believe it also helps with electrical spikes & smoothens the electricity circuit.

U can try an example. Run a short (-) wire from a bulb to the battery & a much longer wire. The shorter wire sud give a brighter light from the bulb as the current flow is shorter & smoother.

↡ Advertisement