China: First time going to Shanghai on biz trip, need advice

Headshok

hi guys!

you all have been a great help!

Thanks a lot!

so means go there sure will kenna drink one ah? I'm not really a drinker, but still can drink when necessary. Jiat lat, must go practice this weekend liao..

as for the ECA ( massage, ktv etc etc), this one i just see wat happens lor.. I doubt this will happen as the person handling my account is a female (unless she wanna massage me personally). hahahahaha

thanks again guys!

Cheers!

Hi all,

A little introduction about my situation.

I'm graduated from school about a year and started my own biz ( was actually running it small time back in school) in manufacturing.

My suppliers/factories are all based around Shanghai and I intend to visit them next month to document the production of one of my high end products.( this is for marketing purposes)

I've never been to Shanghai before and any advice from bros here would be appreciate.

firstly, as i'm a super duper pi sai small 1 man show, i need to keep my expenses as low as possible, thus can anyone recommend me which is the cheapest air ticket to fly to shanghai?

Also, as for the etiquette over there, so far i've done a decent amount of business with them, prompt payment and pretty much straight forward.

I just intend to keep the trip simple, maybe reach there on the first day rest, 2nd day factory tour and document production of my product and 3rd day prob some shopping and head back to singapore.

Any idea how this will work, ie, do i expect them to accommodate me all the way ( ie hotel, makan, entertainment) or whatever? Anything i should take note off? Anything i should avoid doing/ saying in order not to offend the host?

I'm new at this and hope any old birds in this biz can just guide me in the right direction.

Thanks again guys

Happy Chinese New Year and Cheers!

hey bro,

below is the humble opinion from one of SHANGHAIESE

":要跟上海人谈生意,穿的衣服很重要,要大方得体,不可以给人cheap的感觉,不可以给人敢从学校出来的感觉,不然那里的人看不起你,对你没有信心的话,就不会给你生意做。"

also

"上海人是讲面子的".

also

"要计得会清人吃饭"

ignore if don't find useful.

hi guys!

you all have been a great help!

Thanks a lot!

so means go there sure will kenna drink one ah? I'm not really a drinker, but still can drink when necessary. Jiat lat, must go practice this weekend liao..

as for the ECA ( massage, ktv etc etc), this one i just see wat happens lor.. I doubt this will happen as the person handling my account is a female (unless she wanna massage me personally). hahahahaha

thanks again guys!

Cheers!

Headshok, what business/product you are buying from them ?

hi there!

Thanks for the info man :)

what do you mean " don say u prefer white 1?"

white wine?

pai seh ah, i swaa koo :(

CheerS!

Their BaiJiu is not white wine. it is a 55% alcohol drink which has no mixer.

Their BaiJiu is not white wine. it is a 55% alcohol drink which has no mixer.

#@$#@$%#@%$#@%#@%#$%$#..

ok better try to avoid this drink sia!!!!

hey bro,

below is the humble opinion from one of SHANGHAIESE

":要跟上海人谈生意,穿的衣服很重要,要大方得体,不可以给人cheap的感觉,不可以给人敢从学校出来的感觉,不然那里的人看不起你,对你没有信心的话,就不会给你生意做。"

also

"上海人是讲面子的".

also

"要计得会清人吃饭"

ignore if don't find useful.

hey bro,

don worry, news is always useful for me. but my chinese is kinda bad, will use google translate to read it .

but thanks again man!

Cheers

Headshok, what business/product you are buying from them ?

i'm in automotive accessories ( but not sold locally due to the small market)

↡ Advertisement