Chevrolet Orlando New MPV

Patricklyb

has anyone test out this honda jade before buying orlando ?

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_photos.php?CarCode=11736

Don't think can test as it's a PI car. Was very interested in it as it is a hybrid car. Took it out of my shortlist as the second row of seats can't be put down flat to create more space in the boot when needed. It is also a 6-seater and not a 7-seater. 

Edited by Biglittlebean
↡ Advertisement

Mine never hanged. But i noted that the GPS signal strength can fail from time to time... typically in the Aljunied area... happened many times when I need it most. Irony that i'll be moving there soon.

I would give the navigation SYSTEM a 2/5 score for what it's worth. My Smartphone GPS works better.

Like I said, it should never happen. I had never seen mine hanged before, and I am already approaching my one year anniversary with my Orlando.  

• Praise 1

Hi, will be joining the Orlando family soon...looking to get my car in about 2 weeks time. Thinking of getting the Iroad v9 or v7 , price difference is about $100.

Intend to get it fix immediately after collecting my car. Got a quote from Infinity Werkz including installation.

• Praise 1

Hi, will be joining the Orlando family soon...looking to get my car in about 2 weeks time. Thinking of getting the Iroad v9 or v7 , price difference is about $100.

Intend to get it fix immediately after collecting my car. Got a quote from Infinity Werkz including installation.

Welcome to the Orlando family! =)

Seems like more and more people are getting Orlando. Maybe we should all organise a car meet up one day.  [drivingcar]

• Praise 1

Welcome to the Orlando family! =)

Seems like more and more people are getting Orlando. Maybe we should all organise a car meet up one day.  [drivingcar]

That's a good idea Bro, It will be fun to see a row of Orlandos park together.  

• Praise 1

Welcome to the Orlando family!

• Praise 1

Mine never hanged. But i noted that the GPS signal strength can fail from time to time... typically in the Aljunied area... happened many times when I need it most. Irony that i'll be moving there soon.

I would give the navigation SYSTEM a 2/5 score for what it's worth. My Smartphone GPS works better.

That's strange .... I am staying not too far from the Aljunied area and I have no signal issues. It should not be due to the location but rather the landscape, such as the build-up density of the area or perhaps due to thick cloud cover (just a wild guess)? 

If I start my journey from my home's basement where there is no signal, occasionally I have slow satellite lock-on and have to wait about a minute after driving out, which can be frustrating if I am in a hurry.  Other times, it locks on promptly.  The skyscrapers in the vicinity of my home might also be a factor that caused a longer lock-on time for me.

If you have a problem, you can check if you are connected to any satellites by pressing Settings => System Status on the screen.  It would show you how many satellites it can detect and connect to.

• Praise 1

How come your cables are not concealed inside the A-pillar cover?  It looks better when they are concealed. 

Before I confirmed my Orlando, my SE also told me that if the car color I choose comes with the silver roof racks, I can request to change it to black.

Finally I figured out and change wire dressing from floor to ceiling and able to reach between Rear Camera and Front Camera. So no need to buy extension USB cable. The wire is running between the door liner and parting line so that it is not so obvious to see.

The battery inside the camera just last for 15mins to standby in Parking Mode after engine off. Either use the car battery which is risky or use external battery to power up to use Camera during parking whole night. But my car park area is quite crowded and not really necessary to invest more on this.

I am thinking of connecting Camera HDMI output to Entertainment input (like iPad cable inside the Glove Box) to see on bigger screen and not sure it will work. Any of you guys tried this plug before as Video input?   

• Praise 1

I've created a Taxi Simulator "app" on my Orlando. Passengers say it is fairly accurate, can always say "heng ah!" after each ride because that is the more or less the actual amount they've saved by taking a ride from me because otherwise they would incur that cost if indeed they have boarded a real taxi instead!

22745886100_b92cb597ba_b.jpg

• Praise 2

Wow. How did you do that? Where can I get the apps?

You loaded the apps into the SD card? [:)]

I've created a Taxi Simulator "app" on my Orlando. Passengers say it is fairly accurate, can always say "heng ah!" after each ride because that is the more or less the actual amount they've saved by taking a ride from me because otherwise they would incur that cost if indeed they have boarded a real taxi instead!

• Praise 1

Haha, in order not to reveal too much, if you are interested in having this "app", please PM your email address so that I can WeTransfer the file to you (25 Mb, can't send via email). It will come along with installation instructions (need not meddle with SD card, just thumbdrive will do).

I bet it will definitely wow your family members and friends because while the $3.00 will take a while to change (remember real taxis say "the first 1 km or less"?), thereafter it will jump quite fast, and even much faster after "10km"!

Wow! Very impressive! 

Haha, in order not to reveal too much, if you are interested in having this "app", please PM your email address so that I can WeTransfer the file to you (25 Mb, can't send via email). It will come along with installation instructions (need not meddle with SD card, just thumbdrive will do).

I bet it will definitely wow your family members and friends because while the $3.00 will take a while to change (remember real taxis say "the first 1 km or less"?), thereafter it will jump quite fast, and even much faster after "10km"!

Hi there I assume it will work in the Malibu as well lor? Since both are using common Chevy MyLink GUI.

I have sent you a PM :) Hopefully I can try in my Malibu hehe

• Praise 1

Sigh... maybe lemon law... 
I'm still getting weak signals... :(

That's strange .... I am staying not too far from the Aljunied area and I have no signal issues. It should not be due to the location but rather the landscape, such as the build-up density of the area or perhaps due to thick cloud cover (just a wild guess)? 

If I start my journey from my home's basement where there is no signal, occasionally I have slow satellite lock-on and have to wait about a minute after driving out, which can be frustrating if I am in a hurry.  Other times, it locks on promptly.  The skyscrapers in the vicinity of my home might also be a factor that caused a longer lock-on time for me.

If you have a problem, you can check if you are connected to any satellites by pressing Settings => System Status on the screen.  It would show you how many satellites it can detect and connect to.

That's a good idea Bro, It will be fun to see a row of Orlandos park together.  

This morning I saw 5 Orlandos travelling together from the TPE towards the PIE  !!!.  

Unfortunately it was not a convoy of fellow Orlando owners here. The 5 Orlandos were travelling on a car carrier trailer to Alpine Motors from their storage facility in the north (maybe the Sembawang Wharves). There were 3 Orlandos on the top level and 2 on the bottom level.

Finally I figured out and change wire dressing from floor to ceiling and able to reach between Rear Camera and Front Camera. So no need to buy extension USB cable. The wire is running between the door liner and parting line so that it is not so obvious to see.

The battery inside the camera just last for 15mins to standby in Parking Mode after engine off. Either use the car battery which is risky or use external battery to power up to use Camera during parking whole night. But my car park area is quite crowded and not really necessary to invest more on this.

I am thinking of connecting Camera HDMI output to Entertainment input (like iPad cable inside the Glove Box) to see on bigger screen and not sure it will work. Any of you guys tried this plug before as Video input?   

Mine is an iRoad AEV which does not have a small screen but uses wifi to watch the recordings on a mobile phone or laptop.  The camera turns off recording when the car is switched off, but if there is a shock (the sensitivity can be tuned), it can start recording again.  This helps to save power.

• Praise 1

Yes, the Taxi Simulator "app" works for the Malibu as well! Wow, a high-class Malibu taxi-to-be!

Anyway I've received a few requests via my PM inbox. Perhaps I will wait till the end of tomorrow so that I can WeTransfer at one-go (in case there are more requests).

↡ Advertisement