Small little tiny bug on walls & ceiling

Mysportwish

hello

anyone has this very small tiny bug crawling on walls & ceiling? you have to go near to see them.

anyone know how to get rid of them?

thanks.

↡ Advertisement

seeing is believing.... you hv to go close to the wall 10cm to see it.. it is very tiny and i dun hv a duper camera to snap it...

i hv some friends having this as well.. even if you search internet, ppl in US also hv similar feedback... my intent is to ask if anyone hv a solution to this issue

thanks.

seeing is believing.... you hv to go close to the wall 10cm to see it.. it is very tiny and i dun hv a duper camera to snap it...

i hv some friends having this as well.. even if you search internet, ppl in US also hv similar feedback... my intent is to ask if anyone hv a solution to this issue

thanks.

u need to kw the root of the problem b4 any solution.

is the area moist/wet? have u cleared it off b4 and it reoccurs?if ans is no, have u tried just wiping them off and see if they come back?

the info u have is too little dude..

That wingless little bug (about 2mm long) feeds on mold growing in the wall/ceiling. Remove the mold and the bug problem goes away. Need to ask why is the mold growing on your wall in the first place. Condensation due to next door switching on aircon?

My own way of controlling it is to apply borax solution on the wall/ceiling to control mold and keeping the room well ventilated even if there no one in the room. Where possible, switch on the aircon once a while.

The bug is quite harmless, but the mold is very harmful!! It can cause asthma to both adults and children if you breathe in the mold spores daily.

• Praise 1

Can't remember what they were called - will have to look it up when I have the time, but they are quite harmless. Since they feed on mould or microscopic fungi the best way to get rid of them is to ventilate the area well and keep the humidity down (not always possible in Singapore). You can spray the area thoroughly with a normal household insecticide but this is a temporary solution at best. Alternatively just wipe them away every time you see them.

hello

anyone has this very small tiny bug crawling on walls & ceiling? you have to go near to see them.

thanks.

only your walls are white then u can see rite?

i spray baygon regularly.

yucks [dizzy]

hello

thanks.

They are sent by the ISD.

Bigger ones are sent by CIA.

You may want to try Baygon.

I believe those buggers are Mould mites (Tyrophagus putrescentiae) You gotta take action quick cos once they run out of mould to feed on, they will start targetting anything that is starchy.

You need to eliminate the source of the dampness that is causing the mould to recurr, failing which you will be literally stuck in a vicious cycle as the buggers will come back sooner or later. If your room is inherently dark and devoid of natural lighting, i suggest you ventilate the room on a regular basis. Leave a small gap in your window. I don't think the humidity problem in your room is so drastic till you have to fall back on a home class dehumidifier. You must get rid of the mould as soon as possible. Breathing in mould spores on a daily basis can trigger asthma and other health concerns.

Here is how to deal with it

1.) Sometimes your wall or your ceiling can be semi porous due to the plaster being subpar. Slather on a healthy layer of plaster sealant and choose paint that is specifically mould resistant. Paint

2.) Spray borax solution or wipe the affected area about once a day. You need to import Borax solution by ordering online as it is not easily available locally.

3.) These buggers are resistant to common pathogenic compounds found in your run of the mill insecticides so you have to specifically find pyrethrin based insecticides. Go look for them in Home Fix.

Just remembered the name, they are known as Psocids or also "booklice".

They are most probably not mould mites, which are found in other environments and can be pests. The common ones on walls in flats don't do much harm apart from being rather offputting to many people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrophagus_putrescentiae

Similar-looking insects might also be springtails, if they jump upon being disturbed. But I believe the booklice are the ones in question 99% of the time whenever tiny crawling bugs on walls are mentioned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springtail

Just remembered the name, they are known as Psocids or also "booklice".

They are most probably not mould mites, which are found in other environments and can be pests. The common ones on walls in flats don't do much harm apart from being rather offputting to many people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrophagus_putrescentiae

Similar-looking insects might also be springtails, if they jump upon being disturbed. But I believe the booklice are the ones in question 99% of the time whenever tiny crawling bugs on walls are mentioned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springtail

i see. i helped solved a friend's problem and i thought that was the case here as in the culprits are the same ones. [laugh]

guys...how about tiny little bugs.....(like wat describe here), but it has wings and can fly.....?

They seems to be invading my bathroom.....everytime I spray, kill, they will come back again.

guys...how about tiny little bugs.....(like wat describe here), but it has wings and can fly.....?

They seems to be invading my bathroom.....everytime I spray, kill, they will come back again.

since you cant sterilize the whole world,

solution is to spray regularly [laugh] [laugh]

Are they shaped a little like moths? Thus resembling tiny moths? If so, these are moth flies, which are the most common pests in bathrooms.

They feed on the lining of scum inside the pipes and drainage systems. Spraying has limited effect as you are only treating the symptoms, not the cause. A good temporary solution is simply to clean the insides of all accessible pipes and pour boiling water in. Pest control companies will be able to use specific chemicals and methods to treat the insides of the drainage and thus eradicate them, but because they are common and found everywhere they will often come back after some time.