Any Subaru experts here?

Joelwong

I'm considering a 05 Subaru legacy 2.0 Anybody know where to find the specs? What is the difference the 2.0i and 2.0r?

Also on my consideration list is the Mazda 6 and ford Mondeo. Any opinions?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Not my first ride.currently driving an 05 vw bora 1.6. Hitting 7 yrs in mid next month. Paper value now still good at 23k+, but will drop once it hits its 7th year. Not to mention tire change, major servicing coming up within this year or 2.

Considering similarly valued cars, would be the legacy 2.0, mondeo and mazda 6.

Any advice?

I also travel up north to kl pretty often, I am thinking at least when a Japanese car were to breakdown, any workshop would be able to fix. Bring a conti car, either my head get chopped or chances of screw up is higher.

Another point (not important though) is I am quite sick of Kenna bully by people on nsh

Since this is not your first ride and want more spd on NSH, go for Mazda in your choice.

Legacy cannot provide much spd and power. If you can afford, camry will be better choice.

Camry is reliable and proven car.

If you go for Mondeo, find a good workshop to service your car first.

Since this is not your first ride and want more spd on NSH, go for Mazda in your choice.

Legacy cannot provide much spd and power. If you can afford, camry will be better choice.

Camry is reliable and proven car.

If you go for Mondeo, find a good workshop to service your car first.

Thanks for the advise. what my wife and I didnt like about the Mazda 6 is the round air con vents.

All the mazda 6 advertised on the market are dealers. Not too sure If they allow test drive.

The legacy I test drive was a direct owner car with new tires and timing belt, and some more road tax to go. That would save me quite a bit.

Wait for new mondeo! :wub:

Only got a budget of 700 with 4k deposit, can't afford to get new.

Wouldn't want to get 1.6 as I would probably want to get a lump sum rebate when I scrap at 2015 hopefully Coe drop. (not too sure my this planning is flawed)

If I get a car with new timing belt, it can last me time the car scrap.

Thing about buying with dealer is their mileage not accurate. I wouldn't want to spend thousand of dollars few month into getting the car.

If you are sick of pple bullying you.why not a legacy GT.

Budget lah, and people bullying me is just a side issue, not main issue.

Neutral Newbie

Better option to find a 2.0R which should be available from 06 onwards. Lesser problems compared to the 2.0i. Maintenance can be on the high side for a car this age, my Dec 06 2.0R has been showing signs of wear over the last year, so weigh in the maintenance cost. 2.0R is a better option of the 2, bodyworks slightly nicer too.

Better option to find a 2.0R which should be available from 06 onwards. Lesser problems compared to the 2.0i. Maintenance can be on the high side for a car this age, my Dec 06 2.0R has been showing signs of wear over the last year, so weigh in the maintenance cost. 2.0R is a better option of the 2, bodyworks slightly nicer too.

Thanks for the advise, what is the difference between the i and the r?

The reason y I am looking at 05 car is because I don't want to be stuck with a car for too long, and I want to drive until 10 years get the parf rebate, so my next car will be easy.

Can advise what are the Maintainence due to wear and tear?

↡ Advertisement