Car scratch

Kenny1985

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi guys. My Car is scratched,button size. I can see the black primer paint. own mistake when reverse.

Would like to know how to repair? I should go to BMW service center or private workshop? Not sure which one is cheaper. Normally take how long to repair this? Is it ok to claim insurance?

Currently first year insurance under msig.

My car is BMW 116i(white).. Bought last month..

[:(]

Many txs

Edited by Kenny1985
↡ Advertisement

Hi guys. My Car is scratched,button size. I can see the black primer paint. own mistake when reverse.

Would like to know how to repair? I should go to BMW service center or private workshop? Not sure which one is cheaper. Normally take how long to repair this? Is it ok to claim insurance?

Currently first year insurance under msig.

My car is BMW 116i(white).. Bought last month..

[:(]

Many txs

I don't think it'll be very wise to claim insurance.

Furthermore, you have to pay the excess before your insurance company pays the rest.

Also, your insurance company might raise your premium following a claim.

Turbocharged

First car? Which part of the car is the damage on? Insurance is for damage to car lah, not paint scratch. Is this why insurance up and up nowadayz?

Neutral Newbie

First car? Which part of the car is the damage on? Insurance is for damage to car lah, not paint scratch. Is this why insurance up and up nowadayz?

Yes. It's my first car [bigcry]

When I reverse, I do not know Why i am so blur. Hit car park's pillar. Then the rear is scratched [bigcry] No sure how much is the repair fee

Neutral Newbie

Bro go to ADSM,workmanship v good,price reasonable,svc v good,they only use DuPont paint.

Bro go to ADSM,workmanship v good,price reasonable,svc v good,they only use DuPont paint.

Every workshop uses Dupont Paint.

Understand ur anguish especially it's your first car & a BMW as well.

If damage is button size, perhaps paste a decal over it....

not worth the cost and time taken to fix it.

You'll have to get used to the idea that scratches and dents are inevitable

due to others denting your car or from flying sand and gravel when you run your car up north.

I sent my bimmers for retouching of paint for scratches and dents only when there are too many.

I sent mine to this shop in Sin Ming as it has the most comprehensive range of BMW colours

And the price is reasonable too.

You may pm me if u need alternative quotes.

Neutral Newbie

Understand ur anguish especially it's your first car & a BMW as well.

If damage is button size, perhaps paste a decal over it....

not worth the cost and time taken to fix it.

You'll have to get used to the idea that scratches and dents are inevitable

due to others denting your car or from flying sand and gravel when you run your car up north.

I sent my bimmers for retouching of paint for scratches and dents only when there are too many.

I sent mine to this shop in Sin Ming as it has the most comprehensive range of BMW colours

And the price is reasonable too.

You may pm me if u need alternative quotes.

Thank u. Bro. Yes, i think the same way. Since i am a new driver and only button size, just drive one more month, then repair it during servicing.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

my front bumper is too low and keep 'bua' on floor and got small crack... anyone know where can i fix my bumper? i would like to adjust it higher or adjust the car body higher if possible... first car. please help, i can't start a topic and i don't know why. thanks.

Alvin

Edited by Alvinchoo

Every workshop uses Dupont Paint.

Bro not all ws uses Dupont leh. Some use PPG, Spies Heckler.

Got one "popular" ws in AMK Autopoint uses some unbranded paint. [furious] Damn disappointed.

Bro not all ws uses Dupont leh. Some use PPG, Spies Heckler.

Got one "popular" ws in AMK Autopoint uses some unbranded paint. [furious] Damn disappointed.

If PPG and Heckler, price different already, Dupont is "regular" paint used.

Personally PPG takes the cake. Best paint and color. [thumbsup]

If PPG and Heckler, price different already, Dupont is "regular" paint used.

Personally PPG takes the cake. Best paint and color. [thumbsup]

Yes yes. The price very different. [laugh]

I'm have Heckler on 3 panels tks to the vandal. So far so good. [;)]

There was one shop who claims he uses Dupont but when I collected my ride, the paint is matt one. No gloss at all. [knife]

Dupont is very aggressive in their marketing, (years ago) now it's like the norm, though a lot of workshops

won't tell you what paints they use unless you ask, and sometimes will tell you other brands but use Dupont.

Heckler is better then Dupont, like I said, PPG very vibrant, used to use PPG when I was doing cars, before.

End of the day, it's not only the paint brand, but also the painter, if the painter mix too much hardener in, the paint job

will be crappy with orange peel finish.

Paint got gloss one lah, if you dowan just say, they will paint matt. Not really gloss, it's clear coat.

Yes yes. The price very different. [laugh]

I'm have Heckler on 3 panels tks to the vandal. So far so good. [;)]

There was one shop who claims he uses Dupont but when I collected my ride, the paint is matt one. No gloss at all. [knife]

↡ Advertisement