Car scratch

Kenny1985

if i were you i will leave it alone. Somemore its a BMW and first car. Wait until someone rear end you then claim him gao gao.

↡ Advertisement

The most crucial factor about repairing car scratches is to have it done as soon as possible, car scratch kits have been around for a long time, the idea behind how they work is very simple. Instead of having you take your vehicle to a reliable mechanic shop, you can save yourself a lot of money by simply purchasing a repair kit.

Dupont is very aggressive in their marketing, (years ago) now it's like the norm, though a lot of workshops

won't tell you what paints they use unless you ask, and sometimes will tell you other brands but use Dupont.

Heckler is better then Dupont, like I said, PPG very vibrant, used to use PPG when I was doing cars, before.

End of the day, it's not only the paint brand, but also the painter, if the painter mix too much hardener in, the paint job

will be crappy with orange peel finish.

Paint got gloss one lah, if you dowan just say, they will paint matt. Not really gloss, it's clear coat.

Yup. The painter also plays an important role.

I asked him to respray that panel but when I collected that night, that panel was full of swirls with little shine.

He took less than a day to complete. Asked him to polish again end up same result. Wonder did he spray clearcoat. [hur]

I would like to try PPG the next round if I have a chance but not many workshop uses PPG leh.

Yup. The painter also plays an important role.

I asked him to respray that panel but when I collected that night, that panel was full of swirls with little shine.

He took less than a day to complete. Asked him to polish again end up same result. Wonder did he spray clearcoat. [hur]

I would like to try PPG the next round if I have a chance but not many workshop uses PPG leh.

Swirls is caused by his wool pad, not painting. If you want PPG, you'd have to respray the whole car, not part.

Only 3 workshops use PPG with good workmanship.

(edited)

if i were you i will leave it alone. Somemore its a BMW and first car. Wait until someone rear end you then claim him gao gao.

personally, i don't think anyone would wish their car to be rear ended, let alone just to claim others gao gao for repairing a button sized paint damage [hur]

i think it is ts choice to have his car repaired...

you sound like an opportunist, do you practice what you advice others to? [sly]

dont mean to be rude...

Edited by 987

(edited)

Yes. It's my first car [bigcry]

When I reverse, I do not know Why i am so blur. Hit car park's pillar. Then the rear is scratched [bigcry] No sure how much is the repair fee

just paste a sticker over it. only button size, no big deal.

or just get touch up paint.

small issue, you'll learn to get over it soon enough.

Edited by Throttle2

Swirls is caused by his wool pad, not painting. If you want PPG, you'd have to respray the whole car, not part.

Only 3 workshops use PPG with good workmanship.

Mind PM-ing me the name of the 3 workshops?

It will still be considered one panel job.

My favorite is spies and hecker paint done at tebanacle auto, at kian TECK drive.

I have 2 cars done by them.

They kept their paint stocks in aircon room.

They are also the only authorized workshop for Austin Martin body repairs in Sg.

Look for Ah Kwee- body works and spray painting manager.

On 9/10/2021 at 11:48 PM, Muz said:

I am looking for method in removing scratch of car interior... Especially the plastic...

Heat gun or hair dryer... 

↡ Advertisement