PM: I am disappointed Desmond Choo did not win.

Bullterrier

(edited)

That is why, they have yet to go back to their roots. HDB is meant for basic housing for the locals, not as a speculative tools which is now is. Last ten 10years, I got my first design & build HDB with generous space of 125sqm for just $210k and have already fully paid. I wonder now these generation Ys, how are they going to fully paid up the new flats??? [bigcry][shakehead][shakehead]

Actually HDB flats are still considered Subsidised because the Land valuation is base value. The could have sold the land to property developers...

In the early 90s after GCT came in, everything in Garment is KPIed and everything in SG got a price. It is foolish to get the land value as ZERO.

They basically squeezed alot of $$ from everything they touch in SG and that lead to a Quantum leap in amount of $ they can use to play shares.

Then they got greedier as the resale flats are getting so high, they pegged the price on resale and join in the bandwawgon also.

Edited by Tigerwoods

Supersonic

feel that PAP is spending more time thinking on how to ensure they stay in power than the actual job of serving its people..

This is the reasons why they are called PAP mah. :D

Dun worry.... 4 years later.... say sorry can liao.... it it works for the 1st time it will work again...

some voters can be terribly naive or forgiving...

also not forgetting most of those civil servants mouths, heads and hearts scream opposite but come polling day, balls shrinks or eyes closed putting a cross on the P@P

then here we go ahead another cycle....

you all still not politically savvy.

If they give you much within this 5 years they will give themselves little.

You think they c2pid ?

They will give you what they can and GE2016 still get 55% of votes with >90% seats in Parly.

(edited)

Actually HDB flats are still considered Subsidised because the Land valuation is base value. The could have sold the land to property developers...

In the early 90s after GCT came in, everything in Garment is KPIed and everything in SG got a price. It is foolish to get the land value as ZERO.

They basically squeezed alot of $$ from everything they touch in SG and that lead to a Quantum leap in amount of $ they can use to play shares.

Then they got greedier as the resale flats are getting so high, they pegged the price on resale and join in the bandwawgon also.

Is a worrying trend. The real income of the middle income group have not able to keep up with the property cost. By the time they hit 50s, may end up still servicing their property loans. How these ppl get out of the rat race cycles???? By than ,too old to be employ?? Have to work in McDonalds , KFCs as last resort. [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

Edited by HP_Lee

Is a worrying trend. The real income of the middle income group have not able to keep up with the property cost. By the time they hit 50s, may end up still servicing their property loans. How these ppl get out of the rat race cycles???? By than ,too old to be employ?? Have to work in McDonalds , KFCs as last resort. [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

that's why the govt came up with the HDB leaseback scheme

govt also came up with studio flats for oldies.

they can forsee this happening in the near future... 10 or 20 years time

PM Lee: I'm disappointed that Desmond Choo did not win.

Dear PM if you don't want to be further disappointed, pls get down from your ivory tower which these days seem to be more like a broken glass house. You might want to really listen to the ground and people more. Stop thinking you and your million dollar cabinet know what is right for Singapore and that your ways are the only true way. As a matter of fact, many of the government's solutions are knee jerk reactions and show no depth of thinking or understanding of the problems. Which is what pisses off the people as you keep telling us you have the best talent team and you pay yourselves all these millions and even more months of bonuses when even leaders of bigger countries with bigger population and social issues received so much less.

You will also receive more admiration and trust if you stop using non partisan government agencies like LTA, HDB, PA and the mainstream media to help push your agenda. Treat the opposition MPs as elected representatives of the people who want an alternative voice to check the government as history and experience has shown that no man is infallable. These opposition MPs are also Singaporeans by birth right and they only want to do their part for the country. No need to treat them like public enemy number one. It takes a big person and an even bigger heart to set aside petty differences and work towards the better good for Singapore.

You may be aware that PM already condemed his candidates by saying their calibre need to be paid high salary to avoid corruption. So logic for selecting his candidates [laugh]

You may be aware that PM already condemed his candidates by saying their calibre need to be paid high salary to avoid corruption. So logic for selecting his candidates [laugh]

so pm's way of condemnation is to pay/reward the condemed persons high salary!!! ........ i dont mind to be condemned by him in this case :D

(edited)

He should say - Now I truly understand the HG residents why they still vote for a Hokkien guy instead of Teochew guy.

Because after eating Teochew Mueh for too long, need to try Hokkien Mee.

DC - you are fired. We have members who are HockChew or Hainam, what about Cantonese ?

the Hainam will reply him "bo bak di"

the cantonese will tell him "diu !!"

Edited by KARTer

Blue side no money and pure hardwork and cannot have multiple directorships as loose change.

Maybe only a director at LTK company but that one need to Q up and based on trustworthyness - which for him is ground Zero.

to some, there's nothing to lose joining pxp. thats why i am suspicious of the real motives of its members although there will always be a few genuine persons who join the party to serve the people instead of themselve ultimately

I'm disappointed that you feel disappointed PM felt disappointed. [:p]

i will be disappointed if you were not disappointed that he felt disappointed PM has felt disappointed............. [sweatdrop]

actually what do we expect him to say??

i am please?? cannot be mah. [laugh]

he could have choosen "i am concerned"............ :D

They have eyes and ears to track opinions which dont align with theirs. The pple who hold such opions are kept in the blacklists. In other words, they can hear and see but for a different purpose which is far from making singapore a better place for the people. Their ears and eyes are for gathering information to defend and consolidate their hold on the people, that's about all?

I believe they already know what is going on. Hence, my last para.

I was disappointed because my siblings below 35 could not combine name to buy a HDB flat, but they allowed PR siblings (under 35 years old ) to do so.

There was a time where quite a number of the PR (and sibling) did this and the HDB prices skyrocketed due to the large amount of flats easily purchased by PRs. They just needed 2 single PR siblings, under 35 years old, to combine names to purchase 1 HDB flat. Many in turn rent them out for profits.

Now, my siblings finally turned 35 and had to buy the expensive HDB flats from these PR (and their other sibling).

I think they realized this was very wrong and then changed the policy recently.

I presume you refer to resale flats whereby one needs to be at least 35 year old before being eligible to purchase.

Nevertheless, even if this is the case, may I ask if you have seen proof that PR siblings are able to do so while local citizens cannot?

If it is merely hearsay, I would take it as gospel truth otherwise, if it was in the very same time as that of your siblings, you should have taken this up unless you have no proof of such hearsay.

As regard the change in policy, perhaps you can elaborate on what you mean. For e.g., are you saying that siblings below 35 years old can now combine to purchase a new flat or resale flat? If so, is this new and if so, when was it implemented?

Sorry to appear inquisitive but just curious because I believe most if not all of us prefer facts over speculation.

Thanks for clarifying if you will for the benefit of our fellow countrymen.

actually after so many sagas in WP (tiko yaw, sabo king poh, secret squirrel, ah huat lying??, etc), many thought the election result would be quite even this time... probably 55% to WP

i myself also din expect WP to clinch another high 62% victory

no wonder PM Lee is "disappointed" :D

Me too:) It was certainly a pleasant surprise to see the apparent unwavering support to WP. Hence, there is hope yet for more walls to fall next round if issues raised are not seen nor felt.

Majulah Singapura! [sunny]

Bro is "Majullah Singapura". They have yet done enough after the so many years of GDP driven. It is difficult and take time for them to go back to their roots. [:)]

You mean wrong spelling for *Majulah* and should have been *Majullah*? Since when was Majulah with double *L*. Appreciate a link or proof of the correct spelling.

While it may difficult for them to go back to their roots, I believe it's all about willingness. Do they have the will? I believe many have yet to see and probably may never see the passion and selflessness in today's ruling party which was seen in the pioneering guards.

The change was seen after the reins were handed over sometime in the 80s and made worse when the premiership started to change hands in early 90s.

That is why, they have yet to go back to their roots. HDB is meant for basic housing for the locals, not as a speculative tools which is now is. Last ten 10years, I got my first design & build HDB with generous space of 125sqm for just $210k and have already fully paid. I wonder now these generation Ys, how are they going to fully paid up the new flats??? [bigcry][shakehead][shakehead]

I fully agree with this statement. Hence, it should have been cost subsidy instead of market subsidy.

The powers that be CAN revert back to previous policy except perhaps to tweak new / direct HDB sale insofar as buying back as recycle to those citizens who need PUBLIC HOUSING as a roof over their heads.

As regard those already on the market, the T&C need not be the same for the new ones if that is what it takes to resolve the current issue.

Only then can the young be hopeful of seeing some decent retirement funds in their CPF which is currently eroded by the high public housing cost.

PRs should also be denied to purchase such resale flats which is housing meant for the citizens.

Those who already bought should be restricted from renting out since it is not suppose to have been an investment tool.

(edited)

They basically squeezed alot of $ from everything they touch in SG and that lead to a Quantum leap in amount of $ they can use to play shares.

I wouldn't create any excuse for the gahmen such as they could have sold land to property developers. Matter of fact, they do except that state land used for public housing SHOULD BE housing to provide a ROOF over the head of its citizens who chooses cheap housing. Those who wish for housing with frills etc., they should go for private housing which can be speculated, purchased for capital gains etc...

The word *subsidy* has been abused just as much as the word *affordable* by uncaring ministers. Why don't they claim it is *cost* subsidy instead of *market* subsidy? Why don't they put up a similar table like the one below which was put up by the previous MND minister.

post-65674-1338229984_thumb.jpg

Perhaps, if the incumbent minister put up a similar table, we will likely see profits rather than subsidy base on current HDB prices.

Enuf said!

Edited by Neutralsg
↡ Advertisement