Do I look like I am for you guys to cut my lane abruptly?

Gohsj89

These videos was taken some time back.

Decided to share some of my personal encounters.

Video 1

Ang Moh was on Phone, holding on right hand some more.

Too bad I can't snap a shot with my phone.

Video 2

Kena lane cut for no reason.

Cut liao still Brake Brake Brake!

Buay somg lim beh horn you flash you is it?

Video 3

Don't tell me I am Road Hogging!

↡ Advertisement

In the second video, it looks like there is ample space for him to move in.

It appears that you are generally the sort who hates people getting in front of you.

3rd video, your reaction is understandable.

Neutral Newbie

Honestly I think TS don't like people to cut abruptly infront of him.

In all the three videos, there was no immediate danger or near collision situation.

What I can say is TS 'allow' such infarction by not being situation awareness enough.

TS should check the rear view mirror and side mirror more often.

So that he can see all the three cars that are approaching him 'earlier', and he can speed up his car earlier to block those from cutting infront of him. Which if TS has being fast enough, most likely the three cars will lan LAN have to filter behind his car eventually.

I know it very clearly becaus I practice it everyday. So far I have never ever ever gotten a horn or high beam from these 'lane cutter' who LAN LAN behind me.

Driving is a game of smoothness, if you don't want people to cut in, then speed up alittle bit, so that they can cut in behind you instead.

In all the three video case, TS could have just ease off the throttle and nothing would happen. In all three video TS biggest mistake was he accelerated at the point when it was too late and these cars already 'half way' cutting into his lane. TS should have being more observant and anticipate and accelerated much earlier to deny these lane cutters, that way everyone is happy. Why ? Some may ask.

Because if TS has accelerated early, he would leave a big gap behind him,which these three cars can happily and safely cut into. Everyone wins in such case!

Neutral Newbie

i dont find anything wrong with the video, cutting of land meh, part and parcel of driving, TS looks like he forever dont want ppl cut his lane. LOL.

#1 Secret to a safe and happy drive - don't take it personally if people cut into your lane.

This will mean

- you no longer need to tail gate or drive unnecessarily close to the person in front of you risking collision

- you don't have to stay in lane 1 all the time 24/7

- you don't get high blood pressure and get lower risk of heart disease or stroke whenever someone cuts into your lane

- driving doesn't become like NASCAR where you need split second reflexes and panic whenever the car in front of you jams brakes

- you save petrol by not accelerating and braking all the time

I am fine by all means if you were to just flip your finger to turn on your signal!

I have no tolerance for people with no intention to signal courtesy. The least I will do is to let go my accelerator.

The daylight video, pardon me for poor video quality.

The Mers just cut in and brake immediately infront of me!

The one along the expressway,

What's so hard to signal seriously?

What if the other person flip his/her finger to turn on his/her signal and just cut into your lane even though your car is very near!? [:p]

What car you driving? Sometimes i find some people like to "bully" some cars and like to cut into their lane?! [:p]

Just a humble unker toyota family car

Neutral Newbie

i dont find anything wrong with the video, cutting of land meh, part and parcel of driving, TS looks like he forever dont want ppl cut his lane. LOL.

If wiif TS attitude , dun think he can drive in BOLEH land..

What if the other person flip his/her finger to turn on his/her signal and just cut into your lane even though your car is very near!? [:p]

That's driver have to anticipate if he have given enough time to me ma.

The mers, no way! Too sudden even if were to signal.

The audi, just need to signal.

The subaru, just need to signal.

Personally if I see people signal, situation allows, I will just let go my right foot.

Not difficult and doesn't hurt my ego whatsoever.

That's driver have to anticipate if he have given enough time to me ma.

The mers, no way! Too sudden even if were to signal.

The audi, just need to signal.

The subaru, just need to signal.

Personally if I see people signal, situation allows, I will just let go my right foot.

Not difficult and doesn't hurt my ego whatsoever.

Many times i notice many people simply just on their signal and change lane without keeping a lookout. They thought their signal very big and they have the right of way. [rolleyes]

Edited by 13177

Honestly I think TS don't like people to cut abruptly infront of him.

In all the three videos, there was no immediate danger or near collision situation.

What I can say is TS 'allow' such infarction by not being situation awareness enough.

TS should check the rear view mirror and side mirror more often.

So that he can see all the three cars that are approaching him 'earlier', and he can speed up his car earlier to block those from cutting infront of him. Which if TS has being fast enough, most likely the three cars will lan LAN have to filter behind his car eventually.

I know it very clearly becaus I practice it everyday. So far I have never ever ever gotten a horn or high beam from these 'lane cutter' who LAN LAN behind me.

Driving is a game of smoothness, if you don't want people to cut in, then speed up alittle bit, so that they can cut in behind you instead.

In all the three video case, TS could have just ease off the throttle and nothing would happen. In all three video TS biggest mistake was he accelerated at the point when it was too late and these cars already 'half way' cutting into his lane. TS should have being more observant and anticipate and accelerated much earlier to deny these lane cutters, that way everyone is happy. Why ? Some may ask.

Because if TS has accelerated early, he would leave a big gap behind him,which these three cars can happily and safely cut into. Everyone wins in such case!

Hi, thanks for yr comment.

True I hate abrupt lane cutting, especially when the other party don't signal.

I agree your points.

But for that subaru in the lane 1, I am neither hogging nor tailgating.

If you realise this subaru cut from lane 3 immediately infront to me.

As for the merz, both cars are going down slope.. so when he cuts infront of me, I need to brake harder.

As for the audi, cut abruptly still want to play braking with me.

The three video I posted just reflect how I lose my cool and self control when I encounter these type of drivers as well

Edited by Gohsj89

the way some people reply here seems that they are those people who cut lane without signaling just like those in the video as well.

Neutral Newbie

"Do I look like I am for you guys to cut my lane abruptly?"

It looks to me three drivers did that to you. So I will have to say "YES". :D

Is not easy to score hat trick hor.. :D

↡ Advertisement