Audi Vs BMW Vs Merc

NightWind

Audi Vs BMW Vs Merc  

323 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the preferred brand?

• Audi
    • BMW
    • Mercedes

That's quite true...Audi is not in same league but they have made much progress and have caught up with BM as can be seen in the close proximity of the poll results between Audi and BMW.....

True that they have made much progress. The problem with Audi is that.. There's no character. No outright focus on comfort like Merc, not focused on driving pleasures like the Bimmer. Audi seeks to fit everything together, and ends up being a jack of all trades and master of none. In fact when you speak to non car enthusiasts about Audi, the only thing that never fails to be mentioned is the Audi DRL. Sad if that's the defining part of Audi...

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

BMW for me. Merc for softies.

Wonder how many actually own or driven a Merc to gush about it. :wacko::D

So your basis for not gushing about Merc is? [shakehead]

I agree with you. But I also happen to like Audi's Rs5 and R8....BMW can throw the M3 to match Rs5 but BMW really has no answer to the Audi R8.

What is an enigma for me anyway is that they push out Quttro awd cars on our roads??? I can see the need for AWD cars on dirt tracks or snow laden countries but not here on our roads...

True that they have made much progress. The problem with Audi is that.. There's no character. No outright focus on comfort like Merc, not focused on driving pleasures like the Bimmer. Audi seeks to fit everything together, and ends up being a jack of all trades and master of none. In fact when you speak to non car enthusiasts about Audi, the only thing that never fails to be mentioned is the Audi DRL. Sad if that's the defining part of Audi...

driven e90 320 a few times in the past & the steering is stiff like turning a heavy brick, sometimes get swell in the upper biceps, too heavy for daily use & the fuel is 1/4 gone on a morning 2-3hr trips

I agree with you. But I also happen to like Audi's Rs5 and R8....BMW can throw the M3 to match Rs5 but BMW really has no answer to the Audi R8.

What is an enigma for me anyway is that they push out Quttro awd cars on our roads??? I can see the need for AWD cars on dirt tracks or snow laden countries but not here on our roads...

Hmm, depends on what you mean by matching the R8 etc. In terms of pricing, status or the wow factor?

However, if you were to compare lap times between the M3 and R8, they are not that far off. In fact i remember that on the N

Neutral Newbie

I guess The best deal breaker in current coe will be the brand winner for the year.. maybe pml shd start leasing contracts like c&c soon..

Supersonic

BMW is indeed better in handling in general but for day-to-day driving, the steering is much stiffer and harder than Merc.

For someone older like me, after a while, I find the Merc easier to manoeuvre and more comfortable for daily drive.

Merc steering initially felt abit too light and too sensitive compared to my past volvos. First couple of days had to drive extra cautiously to avoid over correction. But now, reckon the steering's sensitivity and agility is one it's best features. Parking and tight manoeuvres realli no sweat. :D

Merc steering initially felt abit too light and too sensitive compared to my past volvos. First couple of days had to drive extra cautiously to avoid over correction. But now, reckon the steering's sensitivity and agility is one it's best features. Parking and tight manoeuvres realli no sweat. :D

Which Merc bro? I had the pleasure of driving my friend's c180 coupe recently, steering was quite scary at low speeds. The 2008 E class still ok for me.

So your basis for not gushing about Merc is? [shakehead]

Someone here mentioned the 'driveability' of BMW.

Only someone who truly enjoys driving would understand.

I'll stick with mine, maybe till I retire, then perhaps switch to a Merc for a change.

(edited)

Why is Audi in this poll?

Audi is not at the same level as BMW and Merc. The only reason why it's thought to be prestigious here in Singapore is because of how the AD prices it. Similar to Bimmer and Merc, and people automatically associate the expensive price with status and prestige.

In most parts of the world, Audi is hardly a comparable marque to Bimmer and Merc.

Audi is the same class as Merc & BMW.

20 years ago, they are not, but they are now, & for a while for that matter. Its been recognized as such WORLDWIDE, & in their home country.

The only brand is the glam up in Singapore is HONDA, where they are thought as a premium Japanese brand, & price as such...

Edited by Kiadaw

Yes I can confirm, after going from e92 to C Class that the BMW has a heavier steering that gives a better feel of the road and more precise control at high speeds.

The C Class W204 has "adaptive steering"...at low speeds the steering remains light so its easier to park etc but at high speeds it's supposed to become heavier....

C class steering lighter than my jipon chia

Neutral Newbie

These are the latest poll results;

Which is the preferred brand?

Audi [ 34 ] ** [21.94%]

BMW [ 39 ] ** [25.16%]

Mercedes [ 82 ] ** [52.90%]

I really don't understand why Mercedes is leading by such a huge margin? Are Mercedes cars really better than their equivalent counterparts (e.g. C class versus A4 Versus 3 series)?

I can assure you of the three brands Mercedes is definitely not the cheapest...infact I might even say they are generally more expensive so its kinda surprising why they lead by such a huge margin?

i am surprised too by mercedes leading, i still a fan of BMW.

but my experience with the AD is that Merc gives huge discount immediately after the test drive, and audi "beg" me to buy (counter offering lower what BMW offers)... in the end i still got a bmw.

Planning to get another car, this time saloon, i am thinking about the new CLA or wait for the 2014 C-class or get the new IS250.

been miserable for past few weeks, ???? what to buy ???

Also, i never visited lexus yet, so not sure how far they will drop their prices compare to the rest

many said mercedes are reliable with less problem over the years.. true????

Neutral Newbie

Audi is the same class as Merc & BMW.

20 years ago, they are not, but they are now, & for a while for that matter. Its been recognized as such WORLDWIDE, & in their home country.

The only brand is the glam up in Singapore is HONDA, where they are thought as a premium Japanese brand, & price as such...

honda thought they are premium? .. ooooh no wonder there are not much honda around compare to toyota or the koreans.

recent reports also shows honda NOT IN the top 10 sold cars.

and honda prices are higher that toyotas...

wonder who will buy hondas, esp the accords... priced so close to merc before discount...

Anyone knows about the promotion at Mercedes Star-Select Demo promotion? What events are the car used for, and when will the event be held?

I'm driving an Audi A4 and its awesome! If world sales are checked, Audi again stand at number 2 right slightly behind BMW and well ahead of Mercedes. I hope Audi will gain more market share in sg. One thing is for sure: the consumer really stands to benefit from the fierce competition between the three German luxury brands.

↡ Advertisement