Noisy Undercarriage

Ronleech

Noticed that my ride had this issue.

When travelling on uneven road, can here tok tok sound. Thot it was the suspension, thus purposely when over hump but no tok tok sound heard. Turning using full turn also no sound. When only uneven road got tok tok sound? Ask my mech he say is the bush and thing like that deteriorated and cos my car left 9 months dun need to repair, can save the money. anyone with this issue?

↡ Advertisement

Yah, your mechanic has given realistic advise not to bother for less than 9mth

Since you've posted this topic, I have encountered the same ill experiences.

First, I changed the entire absorber for both side. Still have the noise. Then, change lower arm and L-link plus ball joint. Then spotted the rotor disc (inner side uneven) but outside smooth, decided to change too. Finally, solve all the issue. Many efforts but learned the mechanism ware & tear

Edited by Tcx607
  • Praise 1

Unlikely shock absorber cos going over hump totally got no sound at all. Steering all is well and straight. The car is stable and absorber is stable even when I shake the car. Traveling at high speed no much sound, only when slow speed cqn hear it

Noisy undercarriage usually involve some dangers. Based on your description, its likely worn shock-absorbers. The car can suddenly veered either right or left 90 degrees and rolled over. Dry/wet road the same. Immediate replacement needed to save your life.

change your suspension bar link

under 100$ for both side, labour only 20-30

Thanks for all bros advice. Had checked with workshop...bush not so good but left 9 months he say just leave it...noisy only....

↡ Advertisement