Kia Picanto 1.1A 2008

Gasband

Hi, anyone here still driving a 2008 Kia Picanto? Any problems you all facing with key parts like gear and engine? Or generally still ok for you all, just usual wear and tear?

↡ Advertisement

The 1.1 litre engine is bullet proof.

My Getz had the same engine and drive to KL and Ipoh

many times and absolutely no problems.

Mine was a manual and so cannot have any problems

because I know how to change gears properly.

Didn't hear much problems with the autobox

:D

@Watwheels ya those 2008 would probably still be around for at least another year or two because of those COE renewed when it expires in 2018....I guess its suitable for just daily normal usage, pt a to pt b. Was just thinking of buying one left one year one for that purpose, I have driven COE cars before for that purpose too so just wondering for Picanto, anyone here still own one right now.

• Praise 2

Twincharged
57 minutes ago, Gasband said:

@ER-3682 close to 14 year old car at 296k

Enough liao..296,000Km..alot of things near end of Life..no point repairing.

Twincharged
1 hour ago, Gasband said:

@Watwheels ya those 2008 would probably still be around for at least another year or two because of those COE renewed when it expires in 2018....I guess its suitable for just daily normal usage, pt a to pt b. Was just thinking of buying one left one year one for that purpose, I have driven COE cars before for that purpose too so just wondering for Picanto, anyone here still own one right now.

If buy COE Car,best go for Toyota or Honda.

• Praise 1

(edited)

There is a manual version, like i said for my altis,  it is so simple that nothing much will spoil.  My altis  is beyond 300k km now, 13 years on,  and the auto trans is still alive and kicking, cant find anything to repair as well. But when spoiled, finding spares for a fiat car  might be a bit challenging in sgp.

The problem is this car left 1 year, did the current owner take care  of it and repair the car at all or not.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

17 hours ago, Gasband said:

Hi, anyone here still driving a 2008 Kia Picanto? Any problems you all facing with key parts like gear and engine? Or generally still ok for you all, just usual wear and tear?

I had a used Getz 1.1M before.  Bought it when it was 6 years old and planned to keep it till coe drop.  But I let go of it after 2 years.😀

It was reliable but not durable.  Had to replace shocks, wheel bearing, engine mounts even though the mileage was low.  I bought a red plate and coverted it to normal plate.

Parts cost more than Jap rides in general.  FC was quite ok though...i regularly got 15~17 km/L

I don't many Getz/Picanto nowadays so parts availability could be a big consideration.

3 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

There is a manual version, like i said for my altis,  it is so simple that nothing much will spoil.  My altis  is beyond 300k km now, 13 years on,  and the auto trans is still alive and kicking, cant find anything to repair as well. But when spoiled, finding spares for a fiat car  might be a bit challenging in sgp.

The problem is this car left 1 year, did the current owner take care  of it and repair the car at all or not.

Not a Fiat leh. 

Picanto is Kimchi KIA.

9 minutes ago, Fitvip said:

Not a Fiat leh. 

Picanto is Kimchi KIA.

haha paiseh . Kia may still have a chance to get parts. 

Twincharged
7 hours ago, ER-3682 said:

Enough liao..296,000Km..alot of things near end of Life..no point repairing.

if orig. the thing with used cars is that you might think 296k km should be orig. but maybe it was reset before and real mileage might even be 400-500k km. 😁

Twincharged
4 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

yes, bread and butter common jap car is the best for COE daily. parts easily found and down time is infrequent and even if down, easily fixed with manageable cost and short down time and parts availability.

On 6/28/2022 at 4:58 PM, Mkl22 said:

yes, bread and butter common jap car is the best for COE daily. parts easily found and down time is infrequent and even if down, easily fixed with manageable cost and short down time and parts availability.

Hyundai & Kia not common bread and butter car meh? The Avante from 2007 is still going strong leh... favoured by some PHV drivers... 

↡ Advertisement